Soft Delete

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: Soft Delete

Post by EXreaction »

Renodil wrote:Oh duh. I didn't realize this was one of the lines with a color code. I edited it to be the same as a color on the forum. E1EBF2 :oops:

You made a mistake too though. In the next template edit styles/prosilver/template/mcp_topic.html you forgot the space after the ".

Code: Select all

"<!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_DELETED --> style="background-color: #33FF00;"<!-- ENDIF -->
Another problem. The replace with for the last file edit for prosilver, namely styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html shows nothing. You're supposed to delete the

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED-->
		<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/mods/soft_delete.js"></script>
		<div id="d{postrow.POST_ID}" class="post" style="background-color: #33FF00;">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
				<div class="postbody" style="width: 100%;">
					<div style="text-align: center;">
						<a href="#none" onClick="toggleDiv('p{postrow.POST_ID}'); toggleDiv('d{postrow.POST_ID}');">{L_DELETED_POST_SHOW}</a>
						<noscript><br/>{L_POST_SHOW_NO_JS}</noscript>
					</div>
				</div>
			<div class="back2top"><a href="#wrap" class="top" title="{L_BACK_TO_TOP}">{L_BACK_TO_TOP}</a></div>
			<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
?
No, according to the old installation instructions there was not a space in there. You may have added it by accident when you installed it, but it shouldn't be there.

Yes, that deletes the mini-post box I used to have. I decided to get rid of it as I don't like the tiny box anymore.
jmjm003 wrote:Have installed the latest release now.
I did a clean install of the mod rather than doing an upgrade.
Copy topic error is no longer happening to me. Thank you.

However, maybe it's just me. After setting permissions for me to be able to hard delete. I'm unable to use the Quick-mod tools: at the bottom of topics to do a hard delete. I first soft delete the topic, then try to hard delete and get the message I do not have the permissions to do so. Yet I can hard delete post within the topic until it's gone.

Am I missing a permission setting somewhere else? Or is there a bug with Quick-mod tools: ?

Thanks EXreaction for your work and help.
I see the cause of it now. I will fix it tomorrow (probably). It is a rather complicated area because a bunch of different things can be going on that don't like to be ran the same way as I have this system setup.
Renodil wrote:I was just about to say the same thing. We can now delete shadowed topics, but we can no longer delete topics themselves using the Quick-mod tools. You fixed one problem and created another identical problem. BTW, how do we change the color now. It's on ECD5D8 and I can't find that code anywhere on the xml file. I hate pink. And what happened to the JavaScript that had you click a link to see the soft delete? Should I just go ahead and delete that .js file now?
You can change the color by changing the class for the deleted posts/topics or changing the .reported color.
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

EXreaction wrote:
Renodil wrote:Oh duh. I didn't realize this was one of the lines with a color code. I edited it to be the same as a color on the forum. E1EBF2 :oops:

You made a mistake too though. In the next template edit styles/prosilver/template/mcp_topic.html you forgot the space after the ".

"<!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_DELETED --> style="background-color: #33FF00;"<!-- ENDIF -->
Another problem. The replace with for the last file edit for prosilver, namely styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html shows nothing. You're supposed to delete the

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED-->
		<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/mods/soft_delete.js"></script>
		<div id="d{postrow.POST_ID}" class="post" style="background-color: #33FF00;">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
				<div class="postbody" style="width: 100%;">
					<div style="text-align: center;">
						<a href="#none" onClick="toggleDiv('p{postrow.POST_ID}'); toggleDiv('d{postrow.POST_ID}');">{L_DELETED_POST_SHOW}</a>
						<noscript><br/>{L_POST_SHOW_NO_JS}</noscript>
					</div>
				</div>
			<div class="back2top"><a href="#wrap" class="top" title="{L_BACK_TO_TOP}">{L_BACK_TO_TOP}</a></div>
			<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
?
No, according to the old installation instructions there was not a space in there. You may have added it by accident when you installed it, but it shouldn't be there.
Oh really? I just double checked and yes there is a space in that line. Here's a direct copy and paste of it.

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED -->style="background-color: #33FF00;"<!-- ENDIF -->
Copy and paste it into notepad and you'll see a space before it. As for your explenation on changing the color I got one word for you. Huh?
AMK4

Post by AMK4 »

In the instructions for editing mcp_topic.php, searching for the first part

$topic_info = $topic_info[$topic_id];
results in 2 instances of it: line 39 and 481. Which one are we supposed to use (and add stuff after)?
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

AMK4 wrote:In the instructions for editing mcp_topic.php, searching for the first part

$topic_info = $topic_info[$topic_id];
results in 2 instances of it: line 39 and 481. Which one are we supposed to use (and add stuff after)?
As a rule it's the first one you find. Or it's the first one found by the search after the last edit for that file. If it's the second, third, or more found they would give you two finds in a row. The first to get you just above the line you need to edit and the second the line itself. Hope this clarifies it for you.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Renodil wrote:Oh really? I just double checked and yes there is a space in that line. Here's a direct copy and paste of it.

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED -->style="background-color: #33FF00;"<!-- ENDIF -->
Copy and paste it into notepad and you'll see a space before it. As for your explenation on changing the color I got one word for you. Huh?
Ok, yes, it was a space before and not in the line.

If you want to change the color you will need to change the reported part in:

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED --> reported<!-- ENDIF -->
to something new, like deleted.

Then you will need to add a class named deleted to your prosilver CSS and refresh your theme.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

I have just released 1.0.8 which is for the delete topic bug mentioned last night.
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

Updated, and so far things are looking good. Will let you know if I come across any other issues.

Thank you.
demon327

Post by demon327 »

EXreaction wrote:I have just released 1.0.8 which is for the delete topic bug mentioned last night.
where to download?, cause the first post is still 1.0.6
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

You tired of me yet? :D

Been doing some testing.
As admin I delete a post. Then I login as a normal user. Go to the topic that I deleted the post in. Can't see the post, this is the expected behavior, However, I click post a reply. I now scroll the topic review box and I can see the soft deleted post within the topic review.

So far this is the only problem I've found.

Thanks EXreaction for your work on this mod.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Oh ya, I forgot about that part.

I will fix that soon, probably later today. :)
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

Let me see if I got this straight. I would change all instances of

to

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED --> deleted<!-- ENDIF -->
and in the colours.css add

.deleted (
	background-color: #E1EBF2;
)
Is this right?

Also I have just found that when deleting a post by using the X button on it a check box is now there and when I checked it before clicking yes that I wanted to soft delete this post it locked the topic afterwards.
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

Also I have just found that when deleting a post by using the X button on it a check box is now there and when I checked it before clicking yes that I wanted to soft delete this post it locked the topic afterwards.
Just to make sure I'm not having the same problem as you.

I go to a topic and select a post to delete. I delete this post by using the delete button (next to the edit button) in the upper right hand corner of the post.
The next screen has the new box you can check to do a hard delete. You checked the hard delete box and then clicked yes to delete. It deleted the post and then locked the topic?

My install of the mod does not lock the topic after a soft/hard delete. I can soft or hard delete at this point without any issues other than the one I pointed out earlier.

Did I misunderstand you on the problem?

@EXreaction
The above problem I posted for you, also exist in print topic.
Last edited by jmjm003 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmjm003

Possible new option?

Post by jmjm003 »

EXreaction,

In a future release of this MOD. Would it be possible to add an option to un-delete a soft deleted topic using Quick-mod tools. At this point from the best I can tell. You have to un-delete each post in order to un-delete a topic. It's not that big of a deal if the topic only has a few post in it. Once you get into 20 or more post it takes quite a while to un-delete each post.
I personally hope to never have a mod or admin soft delete such a topic. You would think they would delete a few select post that might be the cause of the problems within that topic.

Thank you!
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Renodil wrote:Let me see if I got this straight. I would change all instances of

to

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED --> deleted<!-- ENDIF -->
and in the colours.css add

.deleted (
	background-color: #E1EBF2;
)
Is this right?

Something like that. Not all of the sections will be exactly postrow.S_POST_DELETED though.

I do not understand where you are talking about for that.
jmjm003 wrote:EXreaction,

In a future release of this MOD. Would it be possible to add an option to un-delete a soft deleted topic using Quick-mod tools. At this point from the best I can tell. You have to un-delete each post in order to un-delete a topic. It's not that big of a deal if the topic only has a few post in it. Once you get into 20 or more post it takes quite a while to un-delete each post.
I personally hope to never have a mod or admin soft delete such a topic. You would think they would delete a few select post that might be the cause of the problems within that topic.

Thank you!
You should only need to undelete 1 post to undelete a topic.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”