Advanced Double Activation Pack

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
writer2

Re: Advanced Double Activation Pack

Post by writer2 »

Hello Martin,

Thanks very much for the useful mod. It works great except that I have a problem with the custom profile fields in the admin activate email. I except it's something I've done wrong. I have quite a lot of custom profile fields installed, and the fields that are showing in the email seem to be a random selection of them, rather than all of them or only the required ones. For example, I have a field called "reason for joining" which is required, and it doesn't show up in the email. Any idea what could be causing this?
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello writer,
have you installed an antispam MOD for this question?
If yes, please look whether this MOD is changing some to the phpBB3 tables. E.g. if it adds new field. Or at least if it sets new filed to the ACP CP menue.

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
writer2

Post by writer2 »

Aha, I think you're on to something. I didn't install an antispam mod, but I'm currently working on a mod which will create two different registration levels, each with their own required profile fields. I've created two extra fields in the profile_fields table (called field_required_full_member and field_show_on_reg_full_member), and these options are now available from the acp in the custom profile fields section. Hope that makes sense!
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello writer2,
perhaps this results the problems?

Waht means random order of the profile fields in detail? Please give some examples.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
writer2

Post by writer2 »

I had another look at it and noticed that the fields that aren't showing up in the email are the ones which are configured to be hidden (ie, "hide profile field" is checked in the ACP). This happens whether the registration is an ordinary one or a "full member" one. So it isn't just a random process. If you could tell me where the query is that pulls out the data for the email, I should be able to adjust that.

I'd also like if possible to choose which fields appear in the emails, as there are a lot of extraeneous ones appearing now. I expect that could be done with the same query, right?

Thanks for your help!
writer2

Post by writer2 »

Hi again,

I ended up just hacking into the code on includes/ucp/ucp_register.php to get what I wanted, since my forum is so idiosyncratic. In case anyone else is interested, here is what I did:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9338545

Thanks again for your help, Martin!
AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger »

I have installed this mod on a friends board, but users who try to verify their email keep getting the message "The activation key you supplied does not match any in the database." Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello AylaAsperger,
this is made by design. If the MOD is installed correctly this message should been displayed only if the users are opening the URL several times. On the first click a different message should be displayed.
If the admin notification are been sent well all is okay!

I've done this till 1.2.4 cause I wanted maked it a little bit more difficult for spam user registration robots to get information about the user registration method on the board.

But I've changed it in the next future release 1.4.0 cause there is too much false negative feedback. ;)

Bye Martin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My MODs
awair

Post by awair »

Sorry, haven't read all 14 pages...

... is it possible/simple to reverse this process?

I would like to 'admin authorise' all new accounts [check their identity by specific user@domain]. Once that's done, I would like users to be able to change their email address freely [by responding to the new email address], without requiring admin approval.
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello awair,
at the moment this not possible. An extra table field would be needed.

But I will keep this feature in mind.
I would do in in this way:
1. Registration
2. Verify email address by user
3. Admin activation of the account
4. users changes email address
5. users verfies email address and is activated automatically.

Bye Martin
My MODs
awair

Post by awair »

Yes, that's exactly what I'm after - I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

Thank you
BobW2008

Post by BobW2008 »

I have installed the mod v1.2.4. Very smooth install - thanks.

Everything seems to be working but when new users register they say they never receive the activation email. I have tested this and confirmed it. No activation email even though the system says one is being sent. I check the email functions and I receive emails from the board on everything else so I'm pretty sure email is working.

I am also using the Notify Admin on Registration.

Where should I look for where activation emails are being sent? Does anyone have any advice how to correct this?

Bah... never mind - my host had a temporary email outage and all outbounds were queued. Things seem to be working! THANKS!
katib

Post by katib »

Thaks for Mod
before installing it, I would like to know if it is compatible with Activation Justification Mod
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1258765
THe Mod in question uses the switch: <!-- IF S_ADMIN_ACTIVATION --> to display a justification input box,
so what switch should I use with your Mos witch uses the user+admin method ?
katib

Post by katib »

Any help please on how to use this wonderfull Mod in conjonction with Activation Justification Mod
the later Mod usees the following switch in ucp_register.htlm :
<!-- IF S_ADMIN_ACTIVATION --> (for admin activation
So what switch should I use for admin+user activation ??!
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
includes/cup/ucp_register.php:
FIND:

Code: Select all

'S_ADMIN_ACTIVATION'	=> $config['require_activation'] == USER_ACTIVATION_ADMIN,
REPLACVE-WITH:

Code: Select all

'S_ADMIN_ACTIVATION'	=> ($config['require_activation'] == USER_ACTIVATION_ADMIN) || ($config['require_activation'] == USER_ACTIVATION_USER_ADMIN),
Not tested!

Bye Martin
My MODs

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”