Rules page

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
ericasf

Re: Rules page

Post by ericasf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:59 pm

No, that didn't make a difference. :-(

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:07 pm

ericasf wrote:No, that didn't make a difference. :-(

Make sure you have nothing before the starting <?php in the file and make sure the file is uploading in the ftp mode 'ASCII' also be sure that you are using an ftp client to upload and not a host file manager, and did you use notepad plus to edit the file as I suggested?

ericasf

Post by ericasf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:30 pm

Yep, checked all of that and it's all fine. So I don't know why it's not working. :-(

adventurejunkie

Post by adventurejunkie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 pm

Please delete this post, everything is fine. Great mod.
Last edited by adventurejunkie on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Did you refresh theme and imageset in acp?
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

adventurejunkie

Post by adventurejunkie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:08 pm

Rules page and icons are fine, how exactly do you modify the rules page in the language packs, i get to a screen that gives me these fields.

0- no entry
0-----
1- I think this is the title

1- no entry
0- I think this is the sub-title
1- I think this is the description

How do you have multiple rules so that it is bookmarked on the top of the page and then you don't have to scroll dow. It looks to me like you can only input 1 description/rule.

Thanks.

ericasf

Post by ericasf » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:53 pm

I still can't get this to work and would really like to. Can anyone help?

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:36 pm

adventurejunkie wrote:Rules page and icons are fine, how exactly do you modify the rules page in the language packs, i get to a screen that gives me these fields.

0- no entry
0-----

1- no entry

How do you have multiple rules so that it is bookmarked on the top of the page and then you don't have to scroll dow. It looks to me like you can only input 1 description/rule.

Thanks.
Look at the language file, then it makes more sense.
ericasf wrote:I still can't get this to work and would really like to. Can anyone help?
What excactly?
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

RATT

Post by RATT » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Great mod as always Evil, Works with FAQ Manager as well. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the Mod.

-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:34 am

Figured it out :)

zachpl

Post by zachpl » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks dude works great. I love icon 2.

SINBLAST3R

Post by SINBLAST3R » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:54 pm

As many other MOD designers I found your install information slightly un user friendly. The ENDIF entries in code, mods often dont disclose weather or not to enter their code before or after these entries, I think this is why I am having trouble. A mod will state enter this coder after the previous .... but when reading the page I notice an END IF and dont know weather to start a new line befor or after, I know I am not making much sense and will find an example ASAP.

I too can not get your image to show.

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:57 am

I found the place to edit it in the ACP, but how exactly do you add new rows?
eviL<3 wrote:
adventurejunkie wrote:Rules page and icons are fine, how exactly do you modify the rules page in the language packs, i get to a screen that gives me these fields.

0- no entry
0-----

1- no entry

Thanks.
Look at the language file, then it makes more sense.
Oh yea. Made a lot of sense. NOT

I tried this:

Code: Select all

array(
		0	=> '--',
		1	=> 'Rules Category',
	),
	array(
		0	=> 'Rules Item',
		1	=> 'This site has been rated "G" by the Internet *** of America. So, no adult themes at all here. Absolutely no swearing. No sex. No hate words. No racism.<br /><br />Also no spams, flames, or anything else that would be hateful, hurtful, or just plain mean.<br /><br />Also no inappropriate avatars are allowed. And if this rule is violated too much I shall remove the users ability to upload<br />their own or link to them from another site as it was when I first created this board.<br /><br />I see any of this and your banned. No ifs, ands, or buts. Understood?<br /><br />The first offense will be a 24 hour deactivation on your account. The next offense will be a week, and the 3rd will be a<br />deletion of your user name and a block of the IP address. You will never be able to post on my forum again. Consecutive<br />violations at one time will bypass the 1st and 2nd penalties respectively. In other words if you do 3 or more violations in<br />one session your IP will be permanently banned.<br /><br />Also no and I mean NO email addresses where the URL following @ leads to sites displaying adult pictures. This will result<br />in an instant and permanent ban of your IP address. NO EXCEPTIONS! And on the topic of emails if you use one that links<br />to a site that doesn't exist, such as a recent one a user used called vjwt.com, you will have 24 hours to change it to one<br />that's real or be permanently banned. Furthermore any and all other violations of the sex rule will bypass the 1st and 2nd<br />penalties and will result in an instant permanent ban.<br /><br />Happy posting. :pika:<br /><br />P.S. And as this doesn't seem to be clear to some people advertising sites that have to do with prescription drugs, dating<br />sites, and other such nonsense falls under the SPAM category. This includes the one in your profiles. I don't want to see it<br />again. If I do it's an instant ban to the one who posts it. Understood?<br />_________________<br />Rules are updated occasionally as I think of something I need to add to them, so check back occasionally to make sure<br />you're not accidentally violating them. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse for being banned.',
and I wind up with a blank page.

Hey darylt could you send me yours, so I can see how it's written? Either that or could someone tell me how to write the array's to add more please? Thanks.

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:09 am

You have to escape the ' character.

doesn't
needs to be:

doesn\'t
Same for that's, doesn't, don't, it's, you're.

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:34 am

Great. Thanks. Now how do I add more arrays? I tried adding

$help = array(
	array(
		0	=> '--',
		1	=> 'Rules Category',
	),
	array(
		0	=> 'Rules Item',
		1	=> 'This item demonstrates the rules page. To edit/add/remove items, please edit language/en/mods/rules_page.php.<br /><br /><i>HTML is also possible!</i><br /><br />You can also edit the rules using phpBB3\'s language editor. In the ACP go to System->Language Packs, and select help_rules_page.php from the list.<br /><br /><b>Enjoy!</b>',
		2	=>Title of rule 
      3	=>blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
	),
);
But it didn't work. All I got was the first letter of the title showing up.

Also how do I place smilies in it? The guy who made the Welcome PM mod used this

// Parse the text with the bbcode parser and write into $text
	$subject	= $config['wpm_subject'];
	$message	= $config['wpm_message'];
	$text		= utf8_normalize_nfc($message);

$uid			= $bitfield			= $options	= '';	// will be modified by generate_text_for_storage
	$allow_bbcode	= $allow_smilies	= true;
	$allow_urls		= false;
	generate_text_for_storage($text, $uid, $bitfield, $options, $allow_bbcode, $allow_urls, $allow_smilies);
	$text			= generate_text_for_display($text, $uid, $bitfield, $options);

$user->add_lang('ucp');
Problem is when I tried placing it into the file I got a blank page again. I placed it just before the

if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
Since I have no clue on how to write php code I have no idea where it should be placed.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”