Page 1 of 14

Rules page

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 pm
by Extensions Robot
Modification name: Rules page
Author: DoYouSpeakWak
Modification description: This MOD will add a Rules page to your board (using faq.php).
Modification version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.5

Download file: Rules_page_1_0_1.zip
File size: 67.08 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extensions Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--

Rules page

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 pm
by Paul
Modification validated/released

Notes:

Rules page

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 pm
by DoYouSpeakWak
This post has been reserved for the MOD author.

Re: Rules page

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:08 pm
by darylt
I have tried to add this MOD to my board however I have a few problems and questions.

The text Link 'Rules' is on my index page, but no image. I deffinately uploaded the image supplied to the directory instructed!

When I click the link it just takes me to my home page. When I hover over the link the url is for the index of my board.

Where do I add my board rules?

Re: Rules page

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:03 pm
by igorw
darylt wrote:The text Link 'Rules' is on my index page, but no image. I deffinately uploaded the image supplied to the directory instructed!
Refresh theme and imageset in acp->styles.
darylt wrote:When I click the link it just takes me to my home page. When I hover over the link the url is for the index of my board.
You probably missed the edit to includes/functions.php.
darylt wrote:Where do I add my board rules?
Edit language/en/mods/help_rules.php.

Re: Rules page

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:18 pm
by darylt
Everything is sorted now except for the icon. There seems to be 4 icons behind the text link....

http://forum.k9-sar.com

Re: Rules page

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:31 pm
by igorw
Check the css ;)

Re: Rules page

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:50 pm
by darylt
eviL<3 wrote:Check the css ;)
Will have a look in the morning.

Thanks for your help!!!

Re: Rules page

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:07 pm
by Inky
All right, I followed the instructions and got an error message. Then after I restored the files with my backups I got this error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/allthese/public_html/Forum/phpBB3/adm/index.php on line 25

Can anyone help me?

Re: Rules page

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:53 pm
by bearsaj99
Can you show us the code for this line and some of the surrounding code.

Mine shows this for lines 24 - 25:

Code: Select all

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup('acp/common');
// End session management

Re: Rules page

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:39 pm
by Inky
Problem has been resolved. Thank you for the offer though.

Re: Rules page

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:59 pm
by bearsaj99
Ok then. Just glad I could try to help.

Also for anyone who is editing the forums rules. You may edit them in the ACP language editor. Just head over to ACP-->System-->Language Entries & Select the Forum Rules (It will be at the bottom of the list)--> Edit the file! :D

Re: Rules page

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:40 pm
by ericasf
I am trying to install this mod but this error keeps popping up:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Can anyone help me?

Re: Rules page

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:50 pm
by karlsemple
ericasf wrote:I am trying to install this mod but this error keeps popping up:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Can anyone help me?

When editing the file be sure to save it with the file encoding UTF8 without BOM, you can do this by using notepad plus to edit the files and then click to "save as" and set the file encoding to UTF8 :)

Re: Rules page

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:54 pm
by ericasf
Ok, thank you. I will try that and see if that helps. :-)