Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
matt1206
Name: Matt Worthington

Re: Auto Groups

Post by matt1206 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Did you clear the cache after the install? There is only 1 modification to the html code which includes the html file for the auto groups. Did you also upload all the included files?

hejowicz

Post by hejowicz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:22 am

I upload everything, delete files from cache/ and styles cache .. i even delete cookies

nothing shows up :|

hejowicz

Post by hejowicz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 pm

pls help me :cry:

CMA

Post by CMA » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 pm

NathanFtw wrote:
CMA wrote:
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:Version 1.0.2 has been submitted to the MOD Validation Queue.

If you'd like to have an "advance" look, a download is here: link
:[ almost 8 days passed... when will validator release/update this mod on first post?
Be patient, mod validations can take a long time.
well now its almost 17 days...

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Auto Groups

Post by DavidIQ » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:27 am

MOD Updated to version 1.0.2
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

CMA

Post by CMA » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:55 am

finally... thanks

edit: i forget to ask... can this check birthday of user and transfer to another group? for example... if 1992 or earlier then automatically move to "mature" group?

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Auto Groups does not support grouping based on age.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

net83it

Post by net83it » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:39 pm

CMA wrote:finally... thanks

edit: i forget to ask... can this check birthday of user and transfer to another group? for example... if 1992 or earlier then automatically move to "mature" group?
i saw a mod with those features. i don't remember where, probably in this forum. take a look around

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:22 am

Heya Mr. Doughnut, :D

I have been having a problem since I updated to 3.0.6 and I just upgraded the Auto Groups mod to the latest 1.0.2 but I am still experiencing some weird issues.

Somehow all my users that are a member of the "Newbies" group which has a post count requirement of 1-9 posts lost their default group. It was like they no longer had a default group assigned but was still in the "Newbies" group. So I ran a script to set their default group but their color did not update. So I ran another script to set their default colors. That worked. Thanks to Handyman.

Also if I go into the user groups settings in the ACP and change the user group default color for any given group, the colors get removed from the usernames and they revert to the boards default.

Could you please look into this to see if this is due to this mod because I am at a loss right now.

Thank you very much

PS I was experiencing this before I updated the mod but after i updated the board to 3.0.6

CMA

Post by CMA » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:39 pm

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:Auto Groups does not support grouping based on age.
so are you consider to add that feature on your next version?
net83it wrote:
CMA wrote:finally... thanks

i saw a mod with those features. i don't remember where, probably in this forum. take a look around
can you be more specific? this forum...? this thread? in release mod or beta mod?

net83it

Post by net83it » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:43 am

CMA

Post by CMA » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:33 pm

ah i see its still beta... but i am concerned about compatible... so i will wait...

thanks for link...

TheSnake

Post by TheSnake » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:01 pm

There was some code previously supplied in this topic on how to stop Auto Groups from changing the Admin/Mods default group. Will the code still work in version 1.02 ?

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10522965

exintaexi

Post by exintaexi » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:51 pm

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:Auto Groups does not support grouping based on age.
Hi, thanks for this great MOD.

I don't know what are your plans for future upgrades, but seeing so many people asking for more options, compatibility with karma, reputation, gender, etc. it came to my mind a "snippet" like system, where someone could add an sql expression and have the MOD work with it.

So it would be like 3 extra fields, "sql expression", "min sql return value", "max sql return value".

The sql expression would parse something like $user_id$ to the actual user_id. Then the possibilities would be endless. You could select the user's age, the karma or reputation points, you could even join expressions to make more complex grouping.

Well maybe it's just to much to ask. I'm sorry if this is not the place for suggestions or if this is a completely different MOD request. I also don't know what percentage of admins would know how to use that. :roll:

Anyway, I just wanted to share this thought. Ohh, and a happy new year ppl. 8-)

Lisbon

Post by Lisbon » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Whem i: ACP -> Users and groups (tab) -> menage groups -> "select group" -> "change something" -> Submit

Becomes this error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_autogroup.php on line 232: Missing argument 3 for auto_groups_create(), called in /includes/functions_user.php on line 2508 and defined

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cetosinf/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3506) in /home/cetosinf/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cetosinf/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3506) in /home/cetosinf/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cetosinf/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3506) in /home/cetosinf/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cetosinf/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3506) in /home/cetosinf/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 154
Tks for help

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”