Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
User avatar
Dragonfly_Dreams
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:44 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Dragonfly_Dreams »

I am having the same problem
User avatar
TheSnake
Registered User
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Staffordshire, England, UK
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by TheSnake »

Long_Sword wrote:Hello hello,

Just installed a clean install of phpBB3 3.0.6, then AutoMOD, uploaded and install AutoGroups and find I do not hat the autogroup options int he ACP > Users and Groups > Manage Groups > settings?

They're just not there?

I'm assuming I've missed something?
&
Dragonfly_Dreams wrote:I am having the same problem
There is a couple of possibilities, reading the forums previously, it seems that AutoMod sometimes doesn't like to play well with others. Also, are you trying to use Auto Groups on existing groups, or on new User Groups you've just created? As far as I can tell, Auto Groups don't work on Newly registered users, Registered Users, Bots, Guests, Global Moderators or Administrators groups.
User avatar
codfather
Registered User
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Scotland UK

Re: Auto Groups

Post by codfather »

Don't you have to create a new group before it shows.
I think that's what happened on mine.
User avatar
TheSnake
Registered User
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Staffordshire, England, UK
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by TheSnake »

codfather wrote:Don't you have to create a new group before it shows.
I think that's what happened on mine.
Yes, you do ;-)
Long_Sword
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Long_Sword »

TheSnake wrote:
Long_Sword wrote:Hello hello,

Just installed a clean install of phpBB3 3.0.6, then AutoMOD, uploaded and install AutoGroups and find I do not hat the autogroup options int he ACP > Users and Groups > Manage Groups > settings?

They're just not there?

I'm assuming I've missed something?
&
Dragonfly_Dreams wrote:I am having the same problem
There is a couple of possibilities, reading the forums previously, it seems that AutoMod sometimes doesn't like to play well with others. Also, are you trying to use Auto Groups on existing groups, or on new User Groups you've just created? As far as I can tell, Auto Groups don't work on Newly registered users, Registered Users, Bots, Guests, Global Moderators or Administrators groups.

Ahhh bingo, that was the issue.

Thanks a billion.
User avatar
WoL-help
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by WoL-help »

I have installed the mod and set the map info_acp_users_.php (or something) in my map:

Code: Select all

/www/wol-help.freehostia.com/
But i have no acces in the ACP to use that MOD. :(
PS, i'm not a expert in installing Modificaties!
No Support by PM!
For 3.0.X Support click here!
For 3.0.X Modification support click here!
For 3.0.X Styles support click here!
Support Request Template
micsta
Registered User
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:11 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by micsta »

I need something that will automatically change a users group on a nominated date. For example, I have a VIP group for subscribing members, the MOD would be required to change them back to registered user group on the nominated date (ie. 12 months from membership). This would save me having to manually record and change dates/groups.

Can this MOD do that?
User avatar
TheSnake
Registered User
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Staffordshire, England, UK
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by TheSnake »

micsta wrote:I need something that will automatically change a users group on a nominated date. For example, I have a VIP group for subscribing members, the MOD would be required to change them back to registered user group on the nominated date (ie. 12 months from membership). This would save me having to manually record and change dates/groups.

Can this MOD do that?
You can set Auto Groups to change users into a certain group with setting the min days membership, then when you set the max days membership, after that day is up, they will move to another group you set.
micsta
Registered User
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:11 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by micsta »

Doesn't sound it it will do what I need, would be good if it would let you pick a user (not group) and select a date to change them to X group.
User avatar
spacefish
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:48 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by spacefish »

I'm getting an error when trying to change any of the default settings for the Administrators Group:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_autogroup.php on line 245: Undefined index: group_auto_default
Has anyone had this before - or know of a fix?

Thanks!


Edit:
All edited files checked.
hanspeter
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by hanspeter »

Hello,

i'm looking for a mod that enables me to automatically add users to specific usergroups based on their actual usergoups!

So if xou are in group A or in Group B you automatically are in group C!

Can I do this with this mod?
Avdon
Registered User
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Germany
Name: Danny Alkhaldy

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Avdon »

I hope you find this idea intersting ;) :
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12054685
keith10456 wrote:
Avdon wrote:Hello,
I think there is a single feature can make this mod much much more useful and valuable.
If we could have Auto Groups based on points then we will have a permisson system based on points! And that is revolutionary!
The Auto Groups mod author would have to make the add-on for UPM.
User avatar
spacefish
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:48 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by spacefish »

spacefish wrote:I'm getting an error when trying to change any of the default settings for the Administrators Group:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_autogroup.php on line 245: Undefined index: group_auto_default
To add ... this happens when changing nearly any group settings. It's a fresh board with a new install of Auto Groups and I have the debug options in config.php uncommented.
f1_schu
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Auto Groups

Post by f1_schu »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:
DoYouSpeakWak wrote:If i write this in a group description. "When you reach 250 posts you will automatically be transfered to this group" But when the user hits 250 post and nothing happends i can imagine that the leader of that group getting a few pms about it.
Users should be automatically moved between groups after they post their 250th post. (With the asterisk that it won't work if that 250th post is on the moderation queue)
NathanFtw wrote:Hm this mod seems to be going nuts.

Ive got a group which the registered users will be changed to if 5 posts are made, they do that, but my staff who have like 30 posts and what not keep getting moved into the group also, so our defaults are reset same with our colors? What could the issue be?
This is the intended behavior. All users are added to the auto groups. It is a common feature request to have some sort of ignore list, but that feature has not yet been written.
DoYouSpeakWak is right you are auto moved from group but only after you log out and back in again...so can this be fixed so that users do not have to log out/in?
wowfans
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Re: Auto Groups

Post by wowfans »

I solved my problem, so EDIT my post.
Last edited by wowfans on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my pool English.
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”