Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: Auto Groups

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

There are obviously some issues with this MOD when combining the criteria ... I'll try to find some time to look at those :?
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Hekate

Post by Hekate »

Sorry.. it's perhaps a dump question but I have no experience with user groups. I want to create a new group for all users between 10 and 100 posts. Should it be an "open", "request" or "closed" group, for this mod to work automatically?
yasinahmetsevim

Post by yasinahmetsevim »

Is it possible to make that this modification Ban users really as suspected I think. Because after someone reaches the min. warning points he get in the group banned but he can aswell see the forum and the topic's because he is in the registered user group ewen when the Banned group is default. You must kick the user out of the registered user group to don't let him see the forum category's and topic's. And as 2nd question is there any posibility to make the user really banned when he entered the Banned group as he would be banned like as hand that he get the message that he got banned till any date or permanent.
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

Hekate wrote:Sorry.. it's perhaps a dump question but I have no experience with user groups. I want to create a new group for all users between 10 and 100 posts. Should it be an "open", "request" or "closed" group, for this mod to work automatically?
I made all of mine closed.
Heather
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Hekate wrote:Sorry.. it's perhaps a dump question but I have no experience with user groups. I want to create a new group for all users between 10 and 100 posts. Should it be an "open", "request" or "closed" group, for this mod to work automatically?
It doesn't matter.
yasinahmetsevim wrote:Is it possible to make that this modification Ban users really as suspected I think. Because after someone reaches the min. warning points he get in the group banned but he can aswell see the forum and the topic's because he is in the registered user group ewen when the Banned group is default. You must kick the user out of the registered user group to don't let him see the forum category's and topic's. And as 2nd question is there any posibility to make the user really banned when he entered the Banned group as he would be banned like as hand that he get the message that he got banned till any date or permanent.
Did you set the permissions on the "banned" group to Never or No? If you set it to No, that is your problem.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
yasinahmetsevim

Post by yasinahmetsevim »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:
yasinahmetsevim wrote:Is it possible to make that this modification Ban users really as suspected I think. Because after someone reaches the min. warning points he get in the group banned but he can aswell see the forum and the topic's because he is in the registered user group ewen when the Banned group is default. You must kick the user out of the registered user group to don't let him see the forum category's and topic's. And as 2nd question is there any posibility to make the user really banned when he entered the Banned group as he would be banned like as hand that he get the message that he got banned till any date or permanent.
Did you set the permissions on the "banned" group to Never or No? If you set it to No, that is your problem.
Ok now its Never and it works to dont show him the forum category's and topic's but I have another little problem that when the user reaches the min. limit of warnings that i must go to acp>group settings>banned group and must re-send the group settings that the user gets in the group. any idea what i have do wrong. have only installed mod and fixed the fix'es that CorporateGoth gaves in the 5th and 6th pages.
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

Hi Jelly,
Today one of my members hit 500 posts and got placed into the 500 + users group. Everything works fine except his avatar got removed. :shock:
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Stitch625 wrote:Hi Jelly,
Today one of my members hit 500 posts and got placed into the 500 + users group. Everything works fine except his avatar got removed. :shock:
That would be a bug in phpBB, IMO. This MOD only uses what phpBB provides to add users to groups 8-)
A Donut's Blog
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

That really sucks!. It is happening for all groups. It happened again today in another group. :(
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Hi Jelly,

I am after some help - today one of my Moderators hit 5000+ posts, and for some reason the autogroups MOD keeps setting the 5000+ group as her default one every time she makes a new post... the Moderator usergroup should stay her default one, though.

In between her posts I have to keep moving her back to the Moderator usergroup as her default one :/

Is there any way this can be avoided, so that members in staff groups (ie. Admin/Moderators) are not changed from their default group? This happened with the last Moderator that hit 5000+ posts as well, though only the one time.. it wasn't persistent the way this particular situation is.

I am pulling my hair out at the moment because it keeps automatically setting that group as her default one every time she posts, when it shouldn't be.

Would appreciate your advice on this one!

Cheers,

Nikki.
Hekate

Post by Hekate »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:
It doesn't matter.
Thanks! It's a fine mod, had no problems with it. :)

But when I enable php5 in my server I get this error message at login:

Code: Select all

phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_autogroup.php on line 153: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array
Return to Board Index
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

[0]

SQL

No values specified for SQL IN comparison

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 376
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_autogroup.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_in_set()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 2299
CALL: auto_group()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 81
CALL: login_box()
When I return to Board Index, I am logged in. The same error happens when I try to log in to ACP.

Generally I have not enabled php5, but in the future I might have to. I don't know it this error is related to your mod or it is some php5 misconfiguration on the provider's server.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Hekate wrote: But when I enable php5 in my server I get this error message at login:
Have you made any of the changes suggested by other users in this topic? The MOD as I wrote it never uses array_merge.
A Donut's Blog
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

RedTrinity wrote: In between her posts I have to keep moving her back to the Moderator usergroup as her default one :/
There were a couple of code changes proposed by CorporateGoth:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4663105
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4843685

I've implemented them on my test board and can't seem to produce any problems. You might give them a try and let me know 8-)
A Donut's Blog
green ticks

Post by green ticks »

I would seriously like to see some screen-shots before getting this modification.
Perhaps add them two the reserved post?
Thanks! :geek:
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Not much to show off ... just some new fields in the admin panel.
A Donut's Blog

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”