Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
demetris20

Re: Auto Groups

Post by demetris20 »

well its been to month i have install this mod and i just saw that
when i first install this mod i create 5 groups
i set it to the minimum and maximum post
the last 2 groups its set like this
minimum post 0
maximum post 1

and the second group
minimum post 2
maximum post 10

also i have check the box sais Make default automatically in both groups and i just realise that the members is not added at the groups

i try to summarise the members and seems that members its missing
for example
in the index page it sais that i have 36065 register users but when i summarise all the groups i have 28295

so......7770 members are missing for the groups
what i should do

any help will be appreciated

thanks
frnzl

Post by frnzl »

Does it count new topics as a post or do replies also increase the post-amount?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

frnzl: Both new topics and replies do count.

demetris20: My guess is that most of the missing users are from the 0 - 1 posts group. The MOD ignores zero-posting users.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
b3rx

Post by b3rx »

i have a question regarding this particular mod.

ill be creating a forum that all the registrations are admin approved. i'll also be setting up custom profile fields during registration.. lets say these custom fields is a combobox of choices. can this particular mod, automates the inclusion of the particular member to a particular group by choosing the particular combobox?

example. memberA registered and has chosen combobox-choiceB, will he be in groupB upon the approval of the admin?

is this doable?
b3rxkintanar

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing..."
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

No. This MOD does not work with custom profile fields at all.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
danielbutler

Post by danielbutler »

goona try this :D
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

I've bin directed here from Area51. I'm just asking before installing doesn't this mod really also allow me to force ppl to search the forums first before starting a new topic? What i'm looking for is a mod that uses the normal normal input field to search. Then depending on the result either show a list of topics and gives the option to post it there or start a new topic, or just start a new topic if there are no results.
My abandoned (for own reference). mod: Post Rating System (website | screenshots | demo | support)
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Alfatrion wrote:I've bin directed here from Area51. I'm just asking before installing doesn't this mod really also allow me to force ppl to search the forums first before starting a new topic? What i'm looking for is a mod that uses the normal normal input field to search. Then depending on the result either show a list of topics and gives the option to post it there or start a new topic, or just start a new topic if there are no results.
No, this MOD does not do that.
A Donut's Blog
wolkenkrieger

Post by wolkenkrieger »

First at all: nice mod - thx for that :)

Now my 1st question:

I want to define a VIP-Member Group with a minimum of 1000 days registered and a minimum of 1000 posts.

No maximum!

Are these settings ok?

Minimum post count: 1000
Maximum post count: 0
Minimum days of membership: 1000
Maximum days of membership: 0

Make default automatically: unchecked

The 2nd one:

I'm an admin on this board, with more than 1000 post but less than 1000 days registered. But i also will be put to the vip-member group every post i make. is this correct?

thx
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

1) Yes, those settings should work.
2) No, you will not be added. However, because you are an all-powerful administrator, you can add yourself to the group and the MOD will not remove you :)
A Donut's Blog
Velnias

Post by Velnias »

Just a question:
maybe you you plan to add funcionality to auto group by custom profile field witch is drop down list?

I added custom profile field to chose an address of the members, as my forum is neigbours forum, and also vreated groups with for those addresses, but now user or me manually should add them selves to thos groups.
Pagarbiai/Regards,
Velnias
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Velnias wrote:Just a question:
maybe you you plan to add funcionality to auto group by custom profile field witch is drop down list?
No, I do not plan that at this time.
A Donut's Blog
CapadY

Post by CapadY »

I've installes these MOD but can not find where to fill in the parameters

In this topic I see:

ACP -> USERS AND GROUPS .. Manage Groups. Check in the settings for a group and you will see Auto Group Settings.

But when I take a look at that place I see nothing about Auto Group.
Becaause there is no error message I wloud think that installing should be fine.

Maybe somebody can help me to solve this ?
david63

Post by david63 »

You will only see the Auto group options for groups that you create yourself - they are not available in the phpBB3 defined groups (Registered Users etc)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
CapadY

Post by CapadY »

I have 5 self declared membergroups and I don't see any possibility to adjoust posting numbers.

I've tried to make a group withouth copy the permissions but then I ca't find anything either.

It looks like the file auto_groups.html isn't called. I have double checked all modifications but can't find why this shouldn't be done. The include of this file in acp_groups.html is made.

I Also had a look when I got back to the original english laguage pack but also withouth result

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”