Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mykee

Re: Auto Groups

Post by mykee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi all!
Can I use this mod for Last visited? I need this:
- Min visited (month):3
- Max visited (month): 0

I need re-group my older user who not visited my forum.

Thanks

cotp

Post by cotp » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:38 pm

As I posted before, mine with the age is still not working... I would really like to understand what the script is actually doing because I entered a minimum age and a maximum age and it seems it doesn't fit the right persons in there...

Another question, once you create a group and it adds the members when is the auto group supposed to add new members ? At registration ? When a member fills up the criteria for instance when he/she gets to the minimum age ?

Cotp

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:40 pm

Sunka wrote:I do not understand something very well.
I choose that after 3 warnings member go to Banned group (for 3 days) and make that group default for him. After that 3 days, he is not banned anymore (he can write posts etc...), but his group rank is still from banned group.
What I am asking is:
If I setup that when he gets 3 warnings, go to banned group, but if I not choose "Make default automatically" (Users change their default group upon being added to this group.), does he still can write posts?

I want to know how (when 3 days pass) user is not more member of Banned group (only registered group)
Anyone?
Still need help and eplanation!

XToF.be

Post by XToF.be » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:27 am

@cotp:
I'm also waiting for a mod that places users in a specified group based on age filled when they register (Prime Birthdate).
Primahalo created a Mod that does this, but it's still in development stage. You could find some inspiration for developing your add-on here in this topic: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4912685. If you succeed please inform me ;).

Alamin

Post by Alamin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:29 am

Everything is ok on phpbb3.0.2

Is it possible to remove the previous group after it change the group?

Like X is a member of A group and Auto group Change X member to B group.
now X is member of A and B group.

But i want to do X will be only member of B group

lycwolf

Post by lycwolf » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:28 am

lycwolf wrote:I am having an issue now, (and it seems to only happen after 3.0.2) were I set variables for the group (such as post max 1, or max warnings 10000) and it does not save the settings...

I got back to the page and the settings are gone... This is getting a bit annoying now that I am getting more users (i use this mod to make people verify the account by posting 2 times in an intro forum before they can post anywhere else.)

Any help would be apreciated!

Wow... nothing? damn...

Augusta T.

Post by Augusta T. » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi, modders! :)
I'm trying to install my first MOD to my forum , I think Auto Gropus can be very very useful!
But I'm newbie and I make without doubt a mistake somewhere.
I'm in the "query tab" of phpyAdmin, and I paste this code:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_min_posts MEDIUMINT(8) DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_max_posts MEDIUMINT(8) DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_min_warnings MEDIUMINT(8) DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_max_warnings MEDIUMINT(8) DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_min_days MEDIUMINT(8) DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_max_days MEDIUMINT(8) DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_auto_default TINYINT(1) DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_user_group ADD auto_group TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0';
but I got an error, this one:

I don't know why, and I don't know column, database, sigh, I really need your help, please...!

thank you! Image
ciao
A.

net83it

Post by net83it » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:41 pm

wrong tab. the correct one is "sql"

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:12 pm

David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:06 pm

lycwolf wrote:I am having an issue now, (and it seems to only happen after 3.0.2) were I set variables for the group (such as post max 1, or max warnings 10000) and it does not save the settings...

I got back to the page and the settings are gone... This is getting a bit annoying now that I am getting more users (i use this mod to make people verify the account by posting 2 times in an intro forum before they can post anywhere else.)

It appears your edits to includes/functions_user.php were undone by the upgrade. Edit that file again.

Alamin: That is possible by setting the "maximum" portion of the MOD.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Augusta T.

Post by Augusta T. » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:38 pm

net83it wrote:wrong tab. the correct one is "sql"
thank you! :D

Alamin

Post by Alamin » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 pm

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:

It appears your edits to includes/functions_user.php were undone by the upgrade. Edit that file again.

Alamin: That is possible by setting the "maximum" portion of the MOD.
But there are a problem

A have 1000 post and he is a moderator if i set maximum to 1000 then he will move to the user group so how can i move all the user to another group who have like 300, 200, 9999 post.

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:18 am

Larke, check out the Knowledge base here: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/3.0/

There's a few articles about installing mods. ;)

Larke

Post by Larke » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:37 am

Thanks, truly. I read them. But your answer doesn't do me any good.

I need someone to explain why if there is an xml file that one is still supposed to do edits yourself?
there has GOT to be an easier way.

damienhbg

Post by damienhbg » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:09 pm

after doing the xml instructions i went to my forum, this is all at the top :( what did i do wrong?

Code: Select all

} else { $errstr = $user->lang['FSOCK_DISABLED']; return false; } } return $file_info; } /** * Tidy Warnings * Remove all warnings which have now expired from the database * The duration of a warning can be defined by the administrator * This only removes the warning and reduces the associated count, * it does not remove the user note recording the contents of the warning */ function tidy_warnings() { global $db, $config; $expire_date = time() - ($config['warnings_expire_days'] * 86400); $warning_list = $user_list = array(); $sql = 'SELECT * FROM ' . WARNINGS_TABLE . " WHERE warning_time < $expire_date"; $result = $db->sql_query($sql); while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) { $warning_list[] = $row['warning_id']; $user_list[$row['user_id']] = isset($user_list[$row['user_id']]) ? ++$user_list[$row['user_id']] : 1; } $db->sql_freeresult($result); if (sizeof($warning_list)) { $db->sql_transaction('begin'); $sql = 'DELETE FROM ' . WARNINGS_TABLE . ' WHERE ' . $db->sql_in_set('warning_id', $warning_list); $db->sql_query($sql); foreach ($user_list as $user_id => $value) { $sql = 'UPDATE ' . USERS_TABLE . " SET user_warnings = user_warnings - $value WHERE user_id = $user_id"; $db->sql_query($sql); } $db->sql_transaction('commit'); } set_config('warnings_last_gc', time(), true); } /** * Tidy database, doing some maintanance tasks */ function tidy_database() { global $db; // Here we check permission consistency // Sometimes, it can happen permission tables having forums listed which do not exist $sql = 'SELECT forum_id FROM ' . FORUMS_TABLE; $result = $db->sql_query($sql); $forum_ids = array(0); while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) { $forum_ids[] = $row['forum_id']; } $db->sql_freeresult($result); // Delete those rows from the acl tables not having listed the forums above $sql = 'DELETE FROM ' . ACL_GROUPS_TABLE . ' WHERE ' . $db->sql_in_set('forum_id', $forum_ids, true); $db->sql_query($sql); $sql = 'DELETE FROM ' . ACL_USERS_TABLE . ' WHERE ' . $db->sql_in_set('forum_id', $forum_ids, true); $db->sql_query($sql); set_config('database_last_gc', time(), true); } /** * Add permission language - this will make sure custom files will be included */ function add_permission_language() { global $user, $phpEx; // First of all, our own file. We need to include it as the first file because it presets all relevant variables. $user->add_lang('acp/permissions_phpbb'); $files_to_add = array(); // Now search in acp and mods folder for permissions_ files. foreach (array('acp/', 'mods/') as $path) { $dh = @opendir($user->lang_path . $path); if ($dh) { while (($file = readdir($dh)) !== false) { if ($file !== 'permissions_phpbb.' . $phpEx && strpos($file, 'permissions_') === 0 && substr($file, -(strlen($phpEx) + 1)) === '.' . $phpEx) { $files_to_add[] = $path . substr($file, 0, -(strlen($phpEx) + 1)); } } closedir($dh); } } if (!sizeof($files_to_add)) { return false; } $user->add_lang($files_to_add); return true; } ?>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_admin.php:3078)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_admin.php:3078)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_admin.php:3078)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gary/public_html/forum/includes/functions_admin.php:3078) in /home/gary/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3595

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gary/public_html/forum/includes/functions_admin.php:3078) in /home/gary/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3597

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gary/public_html/forum/includes/functions_admin.php:3078) in /home/gary/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3598

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gary/public_html/forum/includes/functions_admin.php:3078) in /home/gary/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3599
somehow i managed to check over my functions_admin.php file and removed some excess lines, error maybe on my part, who knows, code is all gone now, install looks clean, i just cant find where to set up the auto groups lol, any ideas?
My coolest mods: My Page; User Reminder; PJIRC CHAT

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”