Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Alamin

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Alamin »

I have a problem with permission..

Like i have 2 group Leecher and Register Member

If anyone register then he is member of Leecher group after 10 post he become Register member.

But my group permission is leecher(0 post) cant see all forum and register member(9+ post) can see all forum.

Auto group change the group after 10 post but the permission is like leecher. If i remove the leecher group from the member manually then everything going well

how can i solve the problem. i have more then 1000 member in register member and it's too heard to remove the group each member manually.

Help me plz
arukAdo

Post by arukAdo »

Alamin : If you have checked the "change default group upon add" box it should not do the behavior you just describe, as phpbb look for your default group in term of permission, well that what i understood at least

So check your users and see if the default group is realy Members and not Leechers, you are not suppose to belong only to one specific group, but to several in most practical case

The other workaround is simply to put a max AND min post count, this will remove them from previous groups as they post more

One of the biggest issue i runned with this mod was that you cant exclude anybody from the system, witch is a problem for admins or modos, i dont want them to be sorted out automaticly since they are already in the "highest" groups

I use groups as permission filters for my users, and its a bit boring for admins to be in same groups than users :/

Well i think the mod is by design made to exclude special groups, witch include the admins/modos system account, but i made many groups and some have admins or modos permision, so its why i had this trouble

So i just went into function_autogroup.php

Code: Select all

if ($user_id == ANONYMOUS)
				{
					continue;
				}
and added under it

if ($user_id == 1 || $user_id == 2 || $user_id == 3)
				{
					continue;
				}
I did not tested very large, but it seem to work
If the author could aknowledge its a good place to make this test, would make my day ;)

I added then a new entry in phpbb_config with the list of users ID i wish to exclude, then editing this list of IDs trough the acp (not fun to have to change php file for any new admins), and injecting values in the test (if)

Im sure it would be much more clean if i went into a new colum in phpbb_groups, as a per group setting but not global, but that would require much more change in function_autogroup and im not realy whilling to spend more time than i already did :P
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Alamin wrote:If anyone register then he is member of Leecher group after 10 post he become Register member.
All members of your board should be members of the registered users group. Group Management

For auto group purposes, why not create 2 groups - 1 for your leecher group and another for your group you want to have full access.
• Give the Leecher group min 1 post and max 9 posts.
• Give your other group 10 posts min and max posts a really high number (not sure if auto groups has to have both min and max set)
• Give your registered users group the same permissions you want the leecher group to have ie, forum/user permissions. Don't set anything for them in auto groups.
Alamin

Post by Alamin »

It will be grate

If a new thing added to this mode

* Except for this groups ( Admin will type the group id separated by Line) 
* Except for this member ( Admin will type the group id separated by Line) 
* Except for the Rank ( Admin will type the group id separated by Line) 
danswano

Post by danswano »

Is it possible to make this mod compatible with User Reputation Points http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a

I mean in your mod there is :

Auto Group Settings

Minimum days of membership

Maximum days of membership

Minimum post count

Maximum post count

Minimum warnings points

Maximum warning points

Make default automatically
Users change their default group upon being added to this group.
What about a new option called:

Minimum Reputation Points

Maximum Reputation Points
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

i've installed but dont know where to set this up? anyone?
My coolest mods: My Page; User Reminder; PJIRC CHAT
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

damienhbg wrote:i've installed but dont know where to set this up? anyone?

i'm being pushed to make this happen....installed just no idea where to set it up! any help is greatly appreciated! ty
ghosthouse

Post by ghosthouse »

Hi damienhbg,

To setup your auto group rules go to:

ACP -> Users and Groups -> Manage Groups
Then Click on Settings for the group that you want to use auto group and specify the settings.

Hope this helps
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

ghosthouse wrote:Hi damienhbg,

To setup your auto group rules go to:

ACP -> Users and Groups -> Manage Groups
Then Click on Settings for the group that you want to use auto group and specify the settings.

Hope this helps
well this helped me look in the right spot, however, on the settings page for a created group i see nothing about auto groups or similar settings :( am i missing something?
ghosthouse

Post by ghosthouse »

Hi damienhbg,

Try purging your cache first.

ghosthouse
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

i think i'm going to start over from scratch, i've done everything including purging of the cache, :( must be missing something
danswano

Post by danswano »

danswano wrote:Is it possible to make this mod compatible with User Reputation Points http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a

I mean in your mod there is :

Auto Group Settings

Minimum days of membership

Maximum days of membership

Minimum post count

Maximum post count

Minimum warnings points

Maximum warning points

Make default automatically
Users change their default group upon being added to this group.
What about a new option called:

Minimum Reputation Points

Maximum Reputation Points
Please help me.
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

yea, this is starting to frustrate me, i've installed this mod twice now, refreshed all templates, reviewed all edits, reviewed all xml instructions, and purged my cache but yet nothing is showing in my settings page on a group under the avatar settings about autogroup settings, WAT CAN I BE DOING WRONG?!
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

OK SO I'VE FIGURED IT OUT?! well not really, i simply went over the edits a third time, and reuploaded all the damn stuff, somehow it works! lmfao wooooot!
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

k, soooo i'm haven a bit of a problem, how do i exclude admins and mods from the autogrouping?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”