Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Esolitos

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Esolitos »

Esolitos wrote:I haven't read all the thread.. But..

I've installed this mod and when i go to "ACP->User & Groups ->group forum permission" after have select a group (I've tried with registered user) if you select more than 12 forums you get a blank page...

Is there a issue for that?

PS: I've installed also "ACP Announcement Center", "Auto ACP Redirection", "Posting Template" and "MOD Database"
Anyone? I still not able to select more than 12 forums....
Lowrida

Post by Lowrida »

I installed this mod and purched the cache, did not get errors... but still nothing to see in Group manage?
Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Lowrida

Post by Lowrida »

Never mind, i got it!

Super mod!! 8-)
fraherg

Post by fraherg »

sounds like a great mod, will get this installed
Nimmy888

Post by Nimmy888 »

I have a group created "visitors" that has a maximum post count of 1. No group has been created by this Auto Group Mod. The special thing with this groups permissions is that their posts most be approved.

I created a test user for this, and made posts (which were caught by the approval request) I approved the post and a second post. Now the user has a post count of 2 which is one more then the permissions this group is allowed.

However, the user account is still in the group. they didnt automatically get booted from it. I assumed they would get booted from it and then have the permissions of the registered users group. That didnt happen. What did I do wrong?
Nimmy888

Post by Nimmy888 »

Oops, forgot to mention/ask -- Would the Post Count Mod interfere with this "Auto Group" Mod?
Angry_Sun

Post by Angry_Sun »

Angry_Sun wrote:
Angry_Sun wrote:I think this mod still needs an "exceptions" area. Where say the user is Default an Administrator group, then this mod excludes them from putting them in a different group every time they make a post / rank up.

If this mod had that, it would be the best group / rank mod out there, in my opinion.
Still having this problem.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Nimmy888 wrote:Oops, forgot to mention/ask -- Would the Post Count Mod interfere with this "Auto Group" Mod?
I'm not familiar with this MOD, but it could.
Esolitos wrote:I haven't read all the thread.. But..

I've installed this mod and when i go to "ACP->User & Groups ->group forum permission" after have select a group (I've tried with registered user) if you select more than 12 forums you get a blank page...

Is there a issue for that?

PS: I've installed also "ACP Announcement Center", "Auto ACP Redirection", "Posting Template" and "MOD Database"
This MOD does not affect that at all.

And no, I haven't seen anything. This is the first time I've looked at this topic in months.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Richazey

Post by Richazey »

Ive installed the mod and all the pre defined groups have changed to User defined groups and another mod which is group positioning has stopped working can you help?
Angry_Sun

Post by Angry_Sun »

Angry_Sun wrote:
Angry_Sun wrote:
Angry_Sun wrote:I think this mod still needs an "exceptions" area. Where say the user is Default an Administrator group, then this mod excludes them from putting them in a different group every time they make a post / rank up.

If this mod had that, it would be the best group / rank mod out there, in my opinion.
Still having this problem.
Jelly Donut, this mod needs a little tweak. Please add this, I really would like to install this mod.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

IIRC, the user is never removed from a phpBB default group, they are just added to the new group. They can still have their regular "default" group. But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Angry_Sun

Post by Angry_Sun »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
IIRC, the user is never removed from a phpBB default group, they are just added to the new group. They can still have their regular "default" group. But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last.
Exactly, we need an "Exceptions" list, so the users default group [admin], stays admin, and their name stays the admin color [red]. Get what I'm saying?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

A per-user exemption list would be sufficient? Or would per group be better? Or maybe even both? And the exemption list I have in mind would only affect the "default group" setting, not the actual addition to and removal from groups.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Angry_Sun

Post by Angry_Sun »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:A per-user exemption list would be sufficient? Or would per group be better? Or maybe even both? And the exemption list I have in mind would only affect the "default group" setting, not the actual addition to and removal from groups.
Yea, default group only. And do it by both. Group and/or User. Then, this mod will be GREAT. When can we expect this done?
katib

Post by katib »

THanks for great Mod :)
is it possible to add a new criteria:
Made a post within X last days
?
I want to create an auto group for "regular posters"
Last edited by katib on Mon May 18, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”