Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
katib

Re: Auto Groups

Post by katib »

Hi all
I made a request some weeks ago, but received no answer :roll:
katib wrote:THanks for great Mod :)
is it possible to add a new criteria:
Made X post within last Y days
?
I want to create an auto group for "regular posters"
Thanks
Dev222

Post by Dev222 »

manticore wrote:first of all, thanks a lot for this awesome modification :)

I've got one question though, are there any plans for fixing the issue with combining criteria bug?
I have 2 criteria applied - minimum post count and minimum days of membership, and some users are being added to the group despite the fact, that they do not meet the days of membership criterium. The users seem to be randomly added, but they meet the post count criterium.
thanks!
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:There is a 1.0.1 update in the MOD queue that should fix these problems.
It seems that this was not fixed with 1.0.1 after all?

Like manticore, I also have minimum post count AND minimum days, but it seems the only one that counts is the minimum post count. Minimum days seems to be ignored.

Anybody has a solution for this?
net83it

Post by net83it »

Dev222 wrote:

I've got one question though, are there any plans for fixing the issue with combining criteria bug?
I have 2 criteria applied - minimum post count and minimum days of membership, and some users are being added to the group despite the fact, that they do not meet the days of membership criterium. The users seem to be randomly added, but they meet the post count criterium.
thanks!
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:There is a 1.0.1 update in the MOD queue that should fix these problems.

Like manticore, I also have minimum post count AND minimum days, but it seems the only one that counts is the minimum post count. Minimum days seems to be ignored.

this mod uses OR login. if you want that both post count and days apply to some users you have to create two groups to combine the desidered effect.
Dev222

Post by Dev222 »

net83it wrote:
Dev222 wrote:

thanks!

this mod uses OR login. if you want that both post count and days apply to some users you have to create two groups to combine the desidered effect.
Thanks. Actually I tried just that, but again it doesn't seem to work for some reason.

I created one group with "max 10 posts", and another group with "max 2 days".

I tried it with a new user and when the user made more than 10 posts he was taken out of the "max 10 posts" group. However today the user was already registered for more then 2 days, but for some reason he is still in the "max 2 days" group.

I assume that "2 days" translates to "48 hours", and that this starts to count from the time the user is registered. Is that not the case?
Truendo

Post by Truendo »

I know it's probably been asked, but wouldn't it be simple to make mods/admins exempt from the thing that makes the group default?
Truendo

Post by Truendo »

Sorry for the double post, but I have a problem. =/

When I make a new group and set a min and max, users aren't added into the group automatically.For some reason I have to go to the group, hit settings, and then, without modifying anything, hit submit. After I do that, the users get added. How do I fix it so they get added automatically when the group is made?

Also, if they reach the min requirement after the group is created, they do still get placed in the group.
Stucker™

Post by Stucker™ »

The same happens here.

And the previous group, is still there (not default).
Sorry for my bad english!
Truendo

Post by Truendo »

Any idea on how to fix this? I modified the mod a lot, so I'm not sure if that happened before I changed things. Since Stucker had the problem, though, it leads me to believe that it was a problem with the mod.

By the way, I figured out how to make admins and mods and whatever group you want be excluded from the thing that makes the auto-group default. :D
Avdon
Name: Danny Alkhaldy

Post by Avdon »

Hello,
I'v tested the mod on my computer to see if it covers my needs. But I want to ask to be sure..

If i have this roles:
"1- if a user have 2 warnings then he will join group (a) automatically and the group (a) allow him to post only in 4 forums.
2- if a user have 3 warnings then he will join group (b) automatically and the group (b) allow him to post only in 1 forum, and he could be released out of the group (b) when a time come that he have 0 warnings.
"

then it can't be accomplished with this mod. right?
net83it

Post by net83it »

with this mod, when a time comes that an user with previously 3 warnings has 0 warnings then he will be realeased out from both group (a) and (b)

so, what you want can't be accomplished with this mod
Avdon
Name: Danny Alkhaldy

Post by Avdon »

Sorry I didn't explain my idea good enough.
and he could be released out of the group (b) only when a time come that he have 0 warnings.
I mean I don't want him to be released out of group (b) if he hasn't 0 warnings, not if he has 1 and not if he has 2. Of course, I don't want users with 1 or 2 warnings to join the group. If i'm wrong by saying "that can't be accomplished with this mod" then please give me a way to do that, because I'm saying what I'm saying only after I have tested the mod and its features extensivly.
Master Po

Post by Master Po »

hi A_Jelly_Doughnut, I would install your interesting mod but I have a doubt.
I have found your mod in the mod database and it is for "phpbb 3.0.1".
I am on phpbb 3.0.5, so, is the mod safe for this release or not?

Thank you and sorry for the maybe silly question, I'm a newbie on phpbb things.
:) master Po
Truendo

Post by Truendo »

Master Po wrote:hi A_Jelly_Doughnut, I would install your interesting mod but I have a doubt.
I have found your mod in the mod database and it is for "phpbb 3.0.1".
I am on phpbb 3.0.5, so, is the mod safe for this release or not?

Thank you and sorry for the maybe silly question, I'm a newbie on phpbb things.
:) master Po
Yep, I have it on the current version and it still works for me! :D

I modified it a lot though. Didn't want it to change the mod/admin's default group. :D
james0330

Post by james0330 »

im totally stumped on this at the moment, acp groups just shows blank page

i have checked the edits and purged the cahe about 20 times

please help me im am totally frustrated
Marty@Hobbicide.com

Post by Marty@Hobbicide.com »

Hello. The mod seems to work, but I have a problem when viewing a groups settings in acp.
First image: Some text is messed up.
Second image: No group rank able to be selected anymore.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”