Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Paracelsus

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Paracelsus » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:13 am

I might be a tad bit dense as of now cause it is early morning here and if the question I am posting is obvious please give me a quick facepalm and a short fingerpoint into the right direction.

I have installed the mod, and it works fine in the ACP. However I am not quite understanding the features, or how to use it rather.

My goal is this:

- Newuser who have completed registration should be put into a newly created non-standard group called NewUser with restricted permission to certain features. After a certain conditions are fulfilled (15 posts AND 30 days of membership) I want to automatically elevate them into different group with more permissions... Yet I am hitting a brick wall while trying to figure out how to implement this with this mod. Did I get a wrong mod, or rather misunderstand the actual point of this mod? How do I realize my plan, if this is possible at all?

Lisbon

Post by Lisbon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 am

matt1206 wrote:This mod doesn't appear to be compatible with 3.0.6

This is not good news :( I like this mod

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:17 am

Guys, guys...
3.0.6 is not officially out yet...
Nobody said that if it is not compatible, the author won't update it.....
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

katib

Post by katib » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi Truendo
Truendo wrote:
-tribe- wrote:this is exactly what i am after, if the ultimate points mod was integrated with this mod then i believe it would be a huge advancement on this already great mod,

the two working together would be a dream,

am i right in my earlier thinking of just modifying the existing code based on posts to instead be based on points?
Yeah, in a sense you are. As I said, I edited the mod to be compatible with my site's level system, so doing this shouldn't be too hard once I have the time. ;)
Thank you very much
I hope you are still planning to do adapt Auto Group with Ultimate Point

libuda

Post by libuda » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:35 am

Paracelsus wrote:My goal is this:

- Newuser who have completed registration should be put into a newly created non-standard group called NewUser with restricted permission to certain features. After a certain conditions are fulfilled (15 posts AND 30 days of membership) I want to automatically elevate them into different group with more permissions... Yet I am hitting a brick wall while trying to figure out how to implement this with this mod. Did I get a wrong mod, or rather misunderstand the actual point of this mod? How do I realize my plan, if this is possible at all?
It doesn't work on Pre-defined groups, so putting them into a restricted group still leaves them in the Default Registered group.

You need to alter the Registered User group, where everyone is put in after registration to restricted permissions.
Create a User defined group with regular permissions and use the mod to auto add users as your limitations to add them into this group.

net83it

Post by net83it » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:19 pm

net83it wrote:hello

i think there is a glitch in this mod. on my board i setted up a group of user with 5 or more warnings and i associated to this group the rank "bad user". yesterday i removed a warning from an user. he was correctly removed automatically from the group but his rank didn't reverted back.

there is a solution to this behaviour?

thank you
am i the only one with this problem?

pippo-c-l

Post by pippo-c-l » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:34 am

I have phpbb 3.0.5...

i can install this mod? Have You a screens?

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:01 pm

pippo-c-l wrote:I have phpbb 3.0.5...

i can install this mod? Have You a screens?
Works perfect on 3.0.5. :D

davaguco
Name: DAVID AGULLO

Post by davaguco » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:26 pm

spanish translation:

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
* acp_info_auto_gropus [Spanish]
* @package language
* @version 1.0.0 $
* @copyright (c) 2007 A_Jelly_Doughnut
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}

/**
* DO NOT CHANGE
*/
if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

// DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE
//
// All language files should use UTF-8 as their encoding and the files must not contain a BOM.
//
// Placeholders can now contain order information, e.g. instead of
// 'Page %s of %s' you can (and should) write 'Page %1$s of %2$s', this allows
// translators to re-order the output of data while ensuring it remains correct
//
// You do not need this where single placeholders are used, e.g. 'Message %d' is fine
// equally where a string contains only two placeholders which are used to wrap text
// in a url you again do not need to specify an order e.g., 'Click %sHERE%s' is fine

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'AUTO_GROUP'			=> 'Configuración de Auto Grupo',
	'GROUP_MIN_POSTS'		=> 'Número mínimo de mensajes',
	'GROUP_MAX_POSTS'		=> 'Número máximo de mensajes',
	'GROUP_MIN_DAYS'		=> 'Número mínimo de días registrado',
	'GROUP_MAX_DAYS'		=> 'Número máximo de días registrado',
	'GROUP_MIN_WARNINGS'	=> 'Número mínimo de avisos',
	'GROUP_MAX_WARNINGS'	=> 'Número máximo de avisos',
	'DEFAULT_AUTO_GROUP'	=> 'Hacer grupo por defecto automáticamente',
	'DEFAULT_AUTO_GROUP_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Los usuarios modifican su grupo por defecto cuando se les añade a este grupo.',)
);
?>
info_acp_auto_groups.php
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
David.
English-Spanish Mod Translator. Send me a PM if you need anything translated (usually free unless you need a fixed finishing date).

TheSnake

Post by TheSnake » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:40 am

OK, I'm not sure if what I want is a function of this MOD, or if it is even available to do.

Using this MOD, I've set the Registered Users Group to an absolute minimun in privileges & permissions, once they've reached a minimum post count of 10 message posts, they automatically get moved into Members Group as their default group, where they can use Avatar, Signature, Email, PM, File Upload, etc. This does seem to be working correctly.

However, I cannot seem to find anything to disable Website/Links for the Registered Users Group settings. I would like to have the Registered Users not being able to have a website/url link publicly visible in their profile, until they have successfully posted 10 messages, & been transfered into the Members Group.

Is there any way I can achieve this, as I've spent ages searching the various settings (ACP, MCP, & UCP), but alas found no joy?

Anubis_The_Jackal

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:49 pm

Any instruction on what to modify to make this compatible with 3.0.6 RC4 would be greatly appreciated.
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V

Doctor Love

Post by Doctor Love » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Since we cannot use this MOD the way it is for 3.0.6.RC?, can we substitute the functions_user.php from 3.0.5 and make it work OR will that just crash the system?
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

woodrick

Post by woodrick » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:10 am

Updates on this please

hejowicz

Post by hejowicz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:32 pm

please update this MoD to 3.0.6

net83it