Custom Profile Fields For Admin

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
abcx

Re: Custom Profile Fields For Admin

Post by abcx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:37 am

Can someone please explain what is "Custom Profile Fields"?

dan909

Post by dan909 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:18 pm

lunagang wrote:
mtrs wrote:I had some trouble with this mod while I was updating to phpBB 3.0.4.
I believe, if you updated to 3.0.4, you no longer need this mod. Because, 3.0.4 brings nearly the same feature by default.
Nearly but not entirely!

Version 3.0.4 almost gives the functionality for only admins to view a custom profile field but edits are still needed to prevent moderators from seeing the field.

To obtain the functionality which the mod author intended without installing the mod, it's a simple edit:

Open: includes/functions_profile_fields.php

Find:

Code: Select all

if (!$auth->acl_gets('a_', 'm_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('m_'))
Replace with:

if (!$auth->acl_gets('a_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('a_'))
This worked for me!

~Sentinel~

Post by ~Sentinel~ » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Wow, that's great. Thank you.

rosdi

Post by rosdi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:50 am

I'm using V 3.0.4. Do we need to Mod it again as I did try, the coding already different from V 3.0.0. It there new release Mod for V 3.0.4?

I'm looking for a Mod (Contact Management) by utilizing this Custom Profile function.

1. The custom profile fields can be enable/disable for viewing in user's profile. I mean each of the custom field. Some of the information can be published and some are confidential.

2. Additional page for Admin view of all information for the users. If can, can sort and intergrate with groups that have been created.

Thanks.

DakotaSurfer

Post by DakotaSurfer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:45 am

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but I need a Custom Field that can be seen and is visible by everyone, everywhere but only Admin can edit. This would be a good build into the custom fields area where a switch would dictate where User, Mod or Admin can edit fields. I tried the quick fix above but it didn't work.
DakotaSurfer
Official John Wayne Message Board
Site Admin

rosdi

Post by rosdi » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:32 am

DakotaSurfer wrote:I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but I need a Custom Field that can be seen and is visible by everyone, everywhere but only Admin can edit. This would be a good build into the custom fields area where a switch would dictate where User, Mod or Admin can edit fields. I tried the quick fix above but it didn't work.
You can upgrade to version 3.0.4. Then goto ACP->Users and Groups Tab->Custom Profile Fields. You can add any field. Click 'Yes' at the Display profile field radiobutton and you can choose the Visibility Options (4 checkboxs) under it.

Good luck.

DakotaSurfer

Post by DakotaSurfer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:07 am

rosdi wrote:
DakotaSurfer wrote:I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but I need a Custom Field that can be seen and is visible by everyone, everywhere but only Admin can edit. This would be a good build into the custom fields area where a switch would dictate where User, Mod or Admin can edit fields. I tried the quick fix above but it didn't work.
You can upgrade to version 3.0.4. Then goto ACP->Users and Groups Tab->Custom Profile Fields. You can add any field. Click 'Yes' at the Display profile field radiobutton and you can choose the Visibility Options (4 checkboxs) under it.

Good luck.
System wrote: Current version: 3.0.4
Latest version: 3.0.4
I'm using v3.0.4 on two of my commercial forums. The only option after creating the field is to: Hide profile field but nothing about Display profile field radio buttons. And a page option of profile type specific options. Am I missing a Mod or something?
DakotaSurfer
Site Admin

rosdi

Post by rosdi » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:35 am

The Custom Profile Fields with more options are installed by default in 3.0.4 eventhough you upgraded from any other version.

When you want to add new field, you need to give a name then select type of the field, then Create new field
It will transfer to next page where you can see:
- Add Profile Field Box where under it are:
1. Field type: (type you have selected)
2. Field identification: (name you have given)
3. Display profile field: radiobutton (The profile field will be shown in all locations allowed within the load settings. Setting this to “no” will hide the field from topic pages, profiles and the memberlist.)

- Visibility options Box, where under it, you can see 4 options to check (checkboxes):
1. Display in user control panel (The user is able to change this profile field within the user control panel.)
2. Display on registration screen (If this option is enabled, the field will be displayed on registration.)
3. Required field (Force profile field to be filled out or specified by user or administrator. If display at registration screen option is disabled, the field will only be required when the user edits their profile)
4. Hide profile field (Hide the profile field from all other users except the user, administrators and moderators who are still able to see this field. If the Display in user control panel option is disabled, the user will not be able to see or change this field and the field can only be changed by administrators)

If you don't see all those options, there might be something wrong with your upgrade.

DakotaSurfer

Post by DakotaSurfer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:35 am

Everything you listed is definitely there... maybe we're not on the same page as to what I need the custom field to do. I want a custom single text field that is visible by all members but can only be edited by Admins. It would act more like a custom title in addition to the ranks we already use for company names. This special field we want to use as a corporate sponsorship level designation but only Admins can assign this title. Groups is not an option since we already have our members separated by 25 different groups. So basically I need a custom profile field that only I can edit but can be seen by all members.
DakotaSurfer
Site Admin

dan909

Post by dan909 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:55 am

I have a similar set up. I posted instructions above but here they are again! ;)

In /includes/functions_profile_fields.php (around line 48) find:

if (!$auth->acl_gets('a_', 'm_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('m_'))
Replace with:

if (!$auth->acl_gets('a_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('a_'))

DakotaSurfer

Post by DakotaSurfer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:25 pm

I've tried your little file change and it still doesn't do what I want it to. One more time with the explanation...

I have created several custom profile fields:
  • corporate_level
  • title
  • full_name
  • address
  • city_state_zip
  • office_phone
  • cell_phone
  • custom_title
  • company
They all work fine but what I want is the top field (in red), to be viewable by everyone but only admins can place data in the field or change the data in the ACP Manage Users (Profile) Area. I could change ICQ or MSN or something to what I want but I'd rather have a new field instead of messing with existing fields. That's what caused problems during conversion.
DakotaSurfer
Site Admin

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”