Custom Profile Fields For Admin

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
micke1101

Re: Custom Profile Fields For Admin

Post by micke1101 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:24 pm

can anyone help :?:

dan909

Post by dan909 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Have you checked and double checked your edits ?

Darkflame

Post by Darkflame » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Can someone confirm where this mod option is supposed to appear?
I think I installed it ok...getting no errors...but I cant see it in "Edit profile field" options, which is where I expected it.

Should be a little toggle button for editable right?

beggers

Post by beggers » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:26 am

This sounds useful. Thanks.

Darkflame

Post by Darkflame » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:17 pm

After trying to install twice now, I keep getting the following error when I go on the custom profile page;

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/profile.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/profile.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/profile.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/profile.php:1)
I thought it might be something to do with me using php4.3 (I vagulaly heard smart quotes were changed, so I removed the "" from the discription lines, but it didnt help).

It might be also to point out there isnt any new options appearing anywhere, just this error at the top of the page.

*edit*
It seems any change to profile.php cause this error. :-/
Even just changing 1 letter on a comment line.
Does it have to be uploaded in a special way? I tried both Ascii and Binary on CoreFTP...no different.
Really weird.

*edit2*
Ok, I stop getting the error if I edit the php in another bit of software...Notepad cause's some invisible error it seems. Adobe Golive did the trick...I think...still not getting any new options to appear anywhere.

Where exactly is this mods changes supposed to appear? Custom Profile Field edit?

Darkflame

Post by Darkflame » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:49 pm

Finaly got it to work!
For those, like me, who wernt getting any changes;
You have to empty to cache of the forum to rebuild the pages. Just look in the forum/cache directory, and delete anything to do with profile fields.

Xiskio

Post by Xiskio » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi,

Nice little Mod, THANKS!

I have a request for a small addon and would be glad to get some help.
At the moment a custom field that is set by this mod as only editable by Admins is still shown in the profile page that shows when one clicks on the username (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile). It would be great if a custom field could be set to be completely invisible, except during registration.

If someone could help me out, I would be really glad.

Kind regards
Xiskio

Xiskio

Post by Xiskio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:43 pm

^^^ Forget my last posting. I just had to set the field to be not visible. :oops:

aamot

Post by aamot » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:35 pm

Xiskio wrote:Hi,

Nice little Mod, THANKS!

I have a request for a small addon and would be glad to get some help.
At the moment a custom field that is set by this mod as only editable by Admins is still shown in the profile page that shows when one clicks on the username (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile). It would be great if a custom field could be set to be completely invisible, except during registration.

If someone could help me out, I would be really glad.

Kind regards
Xiskio
The hiding only work for ordinary users.
It is visible and editable for the moderators also, is there a way to restrict it to acp access only ?
( Only for administrators ?)
This is because we have a membership forum , where a few details (realname and birth ) is to be admin only, and absolutely NOT editable for a normal moderator...
This info is also more rarely to be used, so it could exist only in acp . . ( and maybe on the register-page. )

Exept for that issue, it works perfect ;-)

Regards, Asbjorn
Asbjorn Aamot, Norway

mikemanor

Post by mikemanor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi
I have applied this MOD (to version 3.0.2) and it works fine.. but...

I get the following debug code at the top of the "Custom Profile Fields page in the ACM:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/profile.php:1)

This repeats 4 times for "on line 151" to "on line 154" inclusive

The relevant lines in /adm/index.php send header but of course this file has not been changed by the MOD.
This error usually occurs if there is "white space" or code before the php tags - but this is not the case here.

I have gone over all the changed files several times, and they have followed the MOD exactly. Fortunately only Admins can see this but nevertheless I need to fix it

Any ideas?

Mike

kazper

Post by kazper » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Am I correct in having observed that if I "hide" a profile field it stops being a required field? Is there any way to make it BOTH required at registration and hidden in the profiles afterwards?

testbunny2

Post by testbunny2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:10 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. It was exactly what I was looking for and seems to do exactly what it sais :D

lunagang

Post by lunagang » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:11 am

I had some trouble with this mod while I was updating to phpBB 3.0.4.

As far as I can see, the file edits from a new phpBB 3.0.4 includes/acp/acp_profile.php file are:

Code: Select all

Find
						'field_no_view'		=> 0,

Add after
						'field_no_edit'		=> 0,

Find

'field_ident', 'lang_name', 'lang_explain', 'field_option_none', 'field_show_on_reg', 'field_required', 'field_hide', 'field_show_profile', 'field_no_view'

In-line Find

'field_no_view'

In-line Add after
, 'field_no_edit'

Find
				$cp->vars['field_no_view'] = request_var('field_no_view', (int) $field_row['field_no_view']);

Add after
				$cp->vars['field_no_edit'] = request_var('field_no_edit', (int) $field_row['field_no_edit']);

Find
							'S_FIELD_NO_VIEW'	=> ($cp->vars['field_no_view']) ? true : false,

Add after

'S_FIELD_NO_EDIT'	=> ($cp->vars['field_no_edit']) ? true : false,

Find
			'field_no_view'			=> $cp->vars['field_no_view']

Add after
			'field_no_edit'			=> $cp->vars['field_no_edit']
I haven't tested this.

mtrs

Post by mtrs » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:21 am

lunagang wrote:I had some trouble with this mod while I was updating to phpBB 3.0.4.
I believe, if you updated to 3.0.4, you no longer need this mod. Because, 3.0.4 brings nearly the same feature by default.
I abandoned all of my mods.

~Sentinel~

Post by ~Sentinel~ » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:30 pm

May I ask where?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”