View or mark unread posts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: View or mark unread posts

Post by asinshesq » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:25 pm

satandream wrote:I can search and replace ;)
That's what you should do. ;)

net83it

Post by net83it » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:37 pm

hello

i'm upgrading my board on my local system from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 by using WinMerge and doing modifications by hand (i don't like the phpbb.com automatic update script). once completed, what do i have to do to get working "View or mark unread posts 1.06"? the file install_upgrade_1-0-5c_to_1-0-6.xml assumes i use the automatic package and the "merge modification" option. but this is not my case.

thank you

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:00 pm

net83it wrote:...i'm upgrading my board on my local system from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 by using WinMerge and doing modifications by hand (i don't like the phpbb.com automatic update script)...
You won't need to worry about this mod for a few months, because that's how long it will take you to do the phpbb3.0.5->3.0.6 upgrade :mrgreen:

Seriously, the automatic updater for earlier upgrades had problems, but the developers made MASSIVE improvements for the 3.0.6 upgrade and it's now quite good. People with hundreds of mods report no problems. I would recommend you back up your files (I'm sure you would do that anyway) and try the updater. If it doesn't work right, you can do it by hand, but my guess is that it will handle your mods well and easy.
once completed, what do i have to do to get working "View or mark unread posts 1.06"? the file install_upgrade_1-0-5c_to_1-0-6.xml assumes i use the automatic package and the "merge modification" option. but this is not my case.
I can't be sure, since I don't know how you will manually merge other changes (I know how the phpbb3 updater handled the conflicts but I can't be sure how you will handle them). I would just say this: do what you think makes sense for each conflict and then I suspect the only other thing you will need to do is to follow the steps in the upgrade script.

Martin_S

Post by Martin_S » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 pm

My "view unanswered messages" and "view my messages" links don't work anymore

they point me to the page where im in at that moment .

what can be the problem ?

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Martin_S wrote:My "view unanswered messages" and "view my messages" links don't work anymore
they point me to the page where im in at that moment . what can be the problem ?
No idea. Whne you post a question it's always a good idea to give enough information that people have an idea of where to start to answer. So, how let's back up:

- what version of phpbb do you have installed?

- did you install with automod or by hand?

- do you have a bunch of other mods?

- what version of this mod do you have installed?

- if you are on phpbb3.0.6, did you install this mod after you had already upgraded to 3.0.6?

- did those links used to work after you had installed this mod and then stopped working?

- what style are you using?

- can you give me any other hints so I know a bit more about what's happening on your board?

view unanswered posts is in index_body.html so you probably messed up the edit in that file. For example, perhaps you replaced the whole line when the mod just tells you to replace a little piece of that line?

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Martin, if you can't figure it out then go ahead and pm me your index_body.html file and I'll take a look (I'm still guessing that you replaced that whole line rather than just the in-line part the mod tells you to replace).

Martin_S

Post by Martin_S » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

seem it was an functions.php error

altho my output of the link is a little strange

http://www.zeewaterforum.nl/search.php? ... =egosearch

where i think it should be

http://www.zeewaterforum.nl/search.php? ... e0c7040621

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Martin_S wrote:seem it was an functions.php error
Are you saying it's fixed?
altho my output of the link is a little strange
http://www.zeewaterforum.nl/search.php? ... =egosearch
where i think it should be
http://www.zeewaterforum.nl/search.php? ... e0c7040621
Why do you think the sid should be appended. That is only needed when the server settings are messed up or the browser is not maintaining cookies so that the sid is needed to keep a user logged in. Under regular circumstances you should not see a sid when you click that link. Click the "view your posts" link on this site and you'll see that there is normally no sid (unless your browser cookies are disabled).

Martin_S

Post by Martin_S » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Yes Fixed

vittete

Post by vittete » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:16 pm

my forum is version 3.0.5, is there this mod for this version?

thanks!

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 pm

vittete wrote:my forum is version 3.0.5, is there this mod for this version?
Sorry to be a pain, but I strongly suggest you upgrade to 3.0.6. I do have the files for an earlier version of the mod that works with 3.0.5, but you would have to make some changes to that anyway and, more generally, it is not a good idea to get behind on updating your forum when new versions come out.

vittete

Post by vittete » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:59 pm

asinshesq wrote:
vittete wrote:my forum is version 3.0.5, is there this mod for this version?
Sorry to be a pain, but I strongly suggest you upgrade to 3.0.6. I do have the files for an earlier version of the mod that works with 3.0.5, but you would have to make some changes to that anyway and, more generally, it is not a good idea to get behind on updating your forum when new versions come out.
well, anyway, could you send me the files for version 3.0.5 please? Later, when I have a little time, I will upgrade to version 3.0.6, but for now I will continue with 3.0.5

thanks!!

PS: sorry for my English :oops:

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:00 pm

vittete wrote:well, anyway, could you send me the files for version 3.0.5 please? Later, when I have a little time, I will upgrade to version 3.0.6, but for now I will continue with 3.0.5
In my opinion, you are making a mistake. I will pm those files to you, but I do not remember the changes I listed in this topic between the time version 1.0.5 was validated and the time 1.0.6 was validated so you will need to hunt through this long topic (from January 13, 2009 to November 24, 2009) for those changes. And when you upgrade to phpbb3.0.6 there will be some conflicts you will need to deal with as a result of having installed version 1.0.5 of this mod.

So again, I am pm'ing you version 1.0.5 but I strongly advise you to instead upgrade your board (which takes only a few minutes). I am saying this to be helpful even if it sounds like I am being a pain.

vittete

Post by vittete » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:16 pm

asinshesq wrote:
vittete wrote:well, anyway, could you send me the files for version 3.0.5 please? Later, when I have a little time, I will upgrade to version 3.0.6, but for now I will continue with 3.0.5
In my opinion, you are making a mistake. I will pm those files to you, but I do not remember the changes I listed in this topic between the time version 1.0.5 was validated and the time 1.0.6 was validated so you will need to hunt through this long topic (from January 13, 2009 to November 24, 2009) for those changes. And when you upgrade to phpbb3.0.6 there will be some conflicts you will need to deal with as a result of having installed version 1.0.5 of this mod.

So again, I am pm'ing you version 1.0.5 but I strongly advise you to instead upgrade your board (which takes only a few minutes). I am saying this to be helpful even if it sounds like I am being a pain.
thanks!

update problem is that my template doesn't support version 3.0.6 and I have to manually edit the changes ...

myazizi

Post by myazizi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:58 am

Dear friend... to me this is one of the most useful mod that I eve install in my forum .... and recently I changed the look of my forum from pro silver template to static, the question is... can I apply this mod to the static template.... thanks in advance ..... :?: :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”