Meta Tag Plus

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
ScrapbookSupplies

Re: Meta Tag Plus

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:10 am

We installed this mod the other day and I really, really like it - Super-Dooper Great job on it!

May I please ask one question and possibly suggest something for the next version?

First, the refresh tag is something that I do not need, we're using that that comes with phpBB. Is there a way to disable it from the ACP?

Second, my suggestion for the next version is to add a space for a description tag, and if you wanted to go into alot of depth set a place for a description for each page.

Again, two thumbs up - Great Mod!

ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi!
I have this mod installed on our forum, it's a very nice mod, thank you for creating it. :D

Have two questions for you if you don't mind...

First, the refresh tag - Can you tell me the recommended setting for this? Seems that (if I remember correctly) ours was set at 5 minutes, and what I noticed was happening is that smack in the middle of doing something the forum would refresh and bounce you out of the sub-forum back to the main page. Now that I have probably worded this completely inappropriately, please let me better explain in our case... On our forum what I tend to do is go to the main index and open sub-forums in different tabs and then read or reply to the new stuff and close them out. I do this instead of going to one, finishing up and going back to the main index to find the next topic. So what the refresh tag was doing in my case was causing all the idle windows to revert back to the main index, perhaps because I wasn't actively doing anything on them? Whatever the case it was causing me to "lose my place".

So- Is it possible to have that refresh tag only refresh the main index page and not the others, or did we have it set to refresh too often? I like the idea of five minutes because you're always up-to-date with new topics on the main index. A mouthful to say a sentence. :oops:

The second thing (the most important to me) is that in the ACP there is not a place to include a description, but when I look at the overall_header.html there is a meta tag line for description. Is it okay for me to add our description in between the " " in the overall_header file?

Thanks so much!
Jeanne

PS. If we reset the refresh rate to a lower setting or get this straightened out, do you know how it works as far as calculating the time for refreshing? If it is set at a refresh time of five minutes, would that be based on exactly every five minutes or would it be five minutes of inactivity?

CoC

Post by CoC » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:57 am

For the description on each page use Davids, Advanced Meta Tags SEO MOD

I am thinking of removing the refresh or just setting it for the index page only.

To do that,

In overall_header.html

Either remove or Replace,

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="{META_REFRESH_TIME}; URL={META_REFRESH_URL}" />
With,

<!-- IF PAGE_TITLE eq 'Index page' -->
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="{META_REFRESH_TIME}; URL={META_REFRESH_URL}" />
<!-- ENDIF -->
The time is inactive, so every time you do something on your board the time starts counting from the beginning.

Dragonfire870

Post by Dragonfire870 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:03 am

Great mod! However, after I installed the mod, the meta tags do not show up when I view the page source: http://www.speculationcentral.com

chase_turpin

Post by chase_turpin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:24 pm

Does this work with 3.0.1?
My current project Gamer Union Any and all help is welcome!

Jan Christensen

Post by Jan Christensen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:29 pm

chase_turpin wrote:Does this work with 3.0.1?
Well, test it?
Jan Christensen • Danish language package author • Olympus DK Team

Post by 319 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:32 pm

CoC wrote:For the description on each page use Davids, Advanced Meta Tags SEO MOD

I am thinking of removing the refresh or just setting it for the index page only.

To do that,

In overall_header.html

Either remove or Replace,

With,

<!-- ENDIF -->
The time is inactive, so every time you do something on your board the time starts counting from the beginning.
Can I use this MOD in cooperation with Advanced Meta Tags SEO MOD?

tacitus

Post by tacitus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:14 pm

Sorry, a question:

I installed the mod (within the german language files in my template), activated in my ACP but when I click on it the error appears:

Allgemeiner Fehler
Kein Mode angegeben.

..wich means:
"no mode mentioned"

What is gooing wrong?!

Thanks for help!!!!

Tacitus

--
solved:
forget to modify the includes/acp/acp_board.php

...how can I delete this message?! :)

JirkaX

Post by JirkaX » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:52 am

Hi CoC,
I wisited your pages and I"d like to asku you regarding this one: http://www.skyblueuntrust.com/index.php - is there any mod which does it? Now I have only forum, but I'd like to have same welcome pages as you have.

millipede

Post by millipede » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:11 pm

I just installed this, and am reading through this discussion and have a few questions I guess.
Please keep in mind, I'm quite ignorant about a lot of this stuff. But, I'm good at following directions so I installed with absolutely no problems.
What I didn't see spelled out in the directions was that once you had the module installed in the acp, it didn't mention(or at least I didn't notice) that you had to go back in and "enable" the module. But I figured that out while trying to figure out where in the acp it would be.
Anyway...

I see mention of this meta refresh, and I'm thinking... I don't really want my pages to refresh all the time. When I'm looking to see what new posts showed up, I like to just click the refresh button myself.
And I sure wouldn't want to have every page refresh back to the index as was mentioned.
So if I have this mod enabled, to avoid having the pages refresh all the time, what if I leave those two fields (the time and location to refresh) blank? What would that do?

And I saw your example image, you had yours set for robots to come back every 20 days?
As it is, several robots hit my site every day, google for example. I would think every 20 days would be too infrequent. Is there a recommended number for this field?

meta category: you had one word in your example: football.
It doesn't have to be one word does it? I'm not sure what I'd use but I'll come up with something.

I feel like I had more questions but can't think of them at the moment.

Oh yeah, the mod description:
"Adds Customisable Meta Tags to the overall_header.html template file, all tags can be configured in the ACP."

As I said, I'm ignorant to this stuff... but, what exactly will be different while using this? I mean, in the acp I didn't really see much to enter. A category and summary of the board. Don't search engines already see some of that sort of info just by hitting your index page? I just want to have a better understanding as to how this will help.

Tarabass

Post by Tarabass » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Thx for the mod. Seems pretty handy!

Cause my main language is Dutch I put the translation here, for all Dutch people ;)

language/nl/acp/common.php

//Aanpassing 1
'ACP_META_SETTINGS'		=> 'Instellingen Meta tags',

//Aanpassing 2
'LOG_CONFIG_META'			=> '<strong>Instellingen Meta tags aangepast</strong>',
language/nl/acp/board.php

// Meta Tag Plus Settings
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'ACP_META_SETTINGS_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Pas je forums Meta tags aan.',
	'FORMAT'						=> 'YYYYMMDD',
	'META_ROBOTS'					=> 'Meta robots',
	'META_ROBOTS_EXPLAIN'			=> 'Dit vertelt de robot wat te doen, 
										<br />een lege waarde is gelijk aan \'all\'.
										<br /><i>all</i> = indexeert de site en opvolgende links.
										<br /><i>index</i> = indexeert de site.
										<br /><i>follow</i> = volgt alle links.
										<br /><i>noindex</i> = zal de site niet indexeren.
										<br /><i>nofollow</i> = zal geen links volgen.
										<br /><i>none</i> = zal de site niet indexeren en zal geen links volgen.
										<br /><i>noarchive</i> = dit is specifiek voor google en zal geen enkele pagina op de site archiveren.',
	'ROBOTS_DISC'					=> '<i>all, index, follow, noindex, nofollow, none, noarchive</i>',
	'ENABLE_META'					=> 'Activeer extended meta tags.',
	'META_REVISIT'					=> 'Meta opnieuw bezoeken tijd',
	'META_REVISIT_EXPLAIN'			=> 'Dit vertelt de robot hoe vaak langs te komen.',
	'META_AUTHOR'					=> 'Forum auteur',
	'META_AUTHOR_EXPLAIN'			=> 'De auteur, eigenaar van het forum.',
	'META_COPYRIGHT'				=> 'Forum copyright',
	'META_COPYRIGHT_EXPLAIN'		=> 'De copyright van de maker of eigenaar van het forum.',
	'META_REFRESH_TIME'				=> 'Meta refresh tijd',
	'META_REFRESH_TIME_EXPLAIN'		=> 'De tijd in seconden waarin de pagina zal refreshen.
										<br /><i>Het is aanbevolen dit niet onder de 5 minuten (300 seconden) in te stellen</i>.',
	'META_REFRESH_URL'				=> 'Meta refresh url',
	'META_REFRESH_URL_EXPLAIN'		=> 'De gewenste URL waarnaar de pagina zal refreshen.
										<br /><i>./index.php</i> zal naar de forum index gaan.',
	'META_CATEGORY'					=> 'Meta categorie',
	'META_CATEGORY_EXPLAIN'			=> 'De categorie waarin de inhoud van het forum zal vallen.',
	'META_ABSTRACT'					=> 'Korte omschrijving van forum',
	'META_ABSTRACT_EXPLAIN'			=> 'Een korte omschrijving van het forum, wees specifiek maar blijf onder de 20 woorden.',
	'META_IDENTIFIER'				=> 'Meta Identificeerder',
	'META_IDENTIFIER_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Het top level domein van het forum.',
	'META_CREATION'					=> 'Meta tag aanmaak datum',
	'META_CREATION_EXPLAIN'			=> 'De datum waarop het forum werd aangemaakt.',
	'META_REVISION'					=> 'Meta tag revisie datum',
	'META_REVISION_EXPLAIN'			=> 'De datum waarop deze Meta tags voor het laatst werden veranderd.',
));
// EndMeta Tag Plus Settings
Again thank you very much :D

Tarabass

Post by Tarabass » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:57 pm

Dragonfire870 wrote:Great mod! However, after I installed the mod, the meta tags do not show up when I view the page source: http://www.speculationcentral.com
I had the same problem but solved it. Do not add the code for your 'overall_header.html' with your FTP-program but use the ACP for edit the template 'overall_header.html' 8-)

sevenseven

Post by sevenseven » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:42 am

I want only refresh index page and view forum page, there is a simple code?

i try to put in the header this but doesn't work:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300; URL=../forum/" />
<!-- ENDIF -->

undermedicated

Post by undermedicated » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:29 pm

Alright, call me crazy or stupid...

I'm kinda new to all this meta stuff, but wouldn't it be beneficial to include a field for "keywords" in this MOD?

Thanks all!

acisco

Post by acisco » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:59 am

In the mod install description, before edits there is written:
SQL
CODE: Select all
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('enable_meta_tags', '1', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_author', 'Your Name', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_refresh_url', './index.php', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_refresh_time', '300', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_indetifier', 'http://www.Your Site.TLD', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_category', 'Your Category', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_revisit', '20', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_robots', 'index,follow', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_creation', '20080101', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_revision', '20080124', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_copyright', 'Copyright © 2007-2008 Blah Blah Blah', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('meta_abstract', 'A Short Description About Your Site', 0);

What to do with this clip, where to paste or??

Sorry, not used to SQL

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”