Select viewable Custom Profiles

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Ilsagon

Re: Select viewable Custom Profiles

Post by Ilsagon » Wed May 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Well, how old is version 3.0.4.? It tells me that my installation is 3.0.4. and I've installed my phpBB about 4 months ago (Didnt update it).

In fact the software that I have installed doesn't have to possibility to make single custom fields visible in the thread and hide others. I can only make all of them visible or hide all of them, but no chance to make one visible and hide the other. If im wrong here, please just tell me how to make custom field 1 vis. in the topic and hide custom field 2...
=> I actually need this mod (Or I'm to dumb to find the right option)

Do you think that its a problem, that everyone has when installing this mod on a phpBB 3.0.4 forum? In fact I reinstalled my phpBB and as a result of this, recustomized the new files (Installed the mod once again). Same error as last time. The mod works but I cant change whether a field is visible or whether its invis. I can only change the settings by using an SQL Command or phpmyadmin... Well, I'm helpless at the moment.

Edit: Oh wow, in fact there is a new option in my php when I create a new custom profile field. Well, your right, I dont need this mod anylonger. I guess that I'm going to uninstall it :D Can anyone tell me the SQL-Command to delete the tables created by this mod?
Edit²: I finally figured the command out myself ;)
Last edited by Ilsagon on Wed May 20, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hww

Post by hww » Wed May 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Ilsagon wrote:Edit: Oh wow, in fact there is a new option in my php when I create a new custom profile field. Well, your right, I dont need this mod anylonger. I guess that I'm going to uninstall it :D
I was about to reply when I saw you'd updated your post :)

You should also be able to edit any existing custom profile fields.
Can anyone tell me the SQL-Command to delete the tables created by this mod?
Were the tables created by a script, or did you run an SQL query manually in phpMyAdmin? I've deleted the MODX install file from my PC, and can't remember the installation procedure from a few months ago. (Though everything should still work fine without deleting them.)

Edit: OK, I've downloaded the MOD and had a look at the SQL instructions.

You need to drop the field_view_profile column and the field_view_topic column from the $_profile_fields table. It's probably easiest to use phpMyAdmin.
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

Ilsagon

Post by Ilsagon » Wed May 20, 2009 10:07 pm

I just deleted it as well, but the code was

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_profile_fields ADD field_view_profile TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL ;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_profile_fields ADD field_view_topic TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL ;
Well, I just used phpmyadmin, went to the phpbb_profile_fields table and deletet the field_view_profile and the field_view_topic table / value. Think it worked without a command ;)

Edit: Thank you very much for your support, you really helped me out :) Have a nice evening ;)
Edit²: Thanks for your edit, that's just what I did :D Funny how we answer each others post in the same moment as he edits it :)

hww

Post by hww » Wed May 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Ilsagon wrote:Well, I just used phpmyadmin, went to the phpbb_profile_fields table and deletet the field_view_profile and the field_view_topic table / value. Think it worked without a command ;)
Yes, phpMyAdmin is just a graphical front-end, and runs the necessary SQL commands for you.

Just in case anyone else needs to know in the future, the 'manual' SQL query to remove the columns (after backing up your database) is:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_profile_fields DROP field_view_profile, DROP field_view_topic;

Edit: Thank you very much for your support, you really helped me out :) Have a nice evening ;)
No problem. (It's 8:19am here, though :) )
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

gillie2

Post by gillie2 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi
I have the same problem with custom profile fields. Show all or dont show. Seems like you have solved the probleme.
I can only make all of them visible or hide all of them, but no chance to make one visible and hide the other. If im wrong here, please just tell me how to make custom field 1 vis. in the topic and hide custom field 2...
Edit: Oh wow, in fact there is a new option in my php when I create a new custom profile field. Well, your right, I dont need this mod anylonger. I guess that I'm going to uninstall it :D Can anyone tell me the SQL-Command to delete the tables created by this mod?
Edit²: I finally figured the command out myself
Could you please tell me how you solved this for each profile field.
PLADS 9000 - BLOG - FORUM on FACEBOOK

lozt

Post by lozt » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:08 am

I can't figure out what I did wrong. I back tracked everything and it looks correct, but this code keeps showing up on the actual user profile.

$cp->vars['field_view_profile'] = request_var('field_view_profile', $field_row['field_view_profile']); $cp->vars['field_view_topic'] = request_var('field_view_topic', $field_row['field_view_topic']);

lozt

Post by lozt » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:28 am

i have no idea what i did, but some how i fixed it.

youngjediknight

Post by youngjediknight » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm

It would be great if along with the viewtopic and member profiles, this mod would offer a choice to show the custom field in the memberlist and perhaps a choice to have that field sortable.

hostel2forum

Post by hostel2forum » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\cache\tpl_prosilver_memberlist_view.html.php on line 27

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:00 pm

clear your cache and try again. If you get the error again, you have a bad edit in the prosilver memberlist_view.html template file.

youngjediknight

Post by youngjediknight » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Great mod. Exactly what I needed. Thanks for taking the time to write it!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”