Forum Title Colour

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Re: Forum Title Colour

Post by muggins »

Very nice mod! Thank you. :D
Muggins
jerryT

Post by jerryT »

Anyone got this working on 3.0.2 ?? I couldn't find a lot of the entries to edit !!
jerryT

Post by jerryT »

Managed to get this partly working.

No errors or warnings... but no new colours on the index.php
SubForum colours work, but not forums.

Any ideas ??
jerryT

Post by jerryT »

Anyone.. ? I would really like to get this working ! :)
jerryT

Post by jerryT »

Anyone using this ?? can youhelp ?
hww

Post by hww »

jerryT wrote:Anyone got this working on 3.0.2 ??
Yes, I'd also like to know if this MOD works with 3.0.2.

Is anyone who has successfully installed it able to comment?
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.
oddfish

Post by oddfish »

yes it works fine on 3.0.2

here are a couple of changes that will help you :

Open: adm/style/acp_forums.html
Original Find

Code: Select all

<h1>{L_TITLE} :: {FORUM_NAME}</h1> 
Find

<h1>{L_TITLE} <!-- IF FORUM_NAME -->:: {FORUM_NAME}<!-- ENDIF --></h1> 
Replace with

<h1>{L_TITLE} <!-- IF FORUM_NAME -->:: <!-- IF S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{FORUM_NAME_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{FORUM_NAME}<!-- IF S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --></h1> 
Open functions_display.php
Original Find

$s_subforums_list[] = '<a href="' . $subforum['link'] . '" class="subforum ' . (($subforum['unread']) ? 'unread' : 'read') . '">' . $subforum['name'] . '</a>'; 
Find

$s_subforums_list[] = '<a href="' . $subforum['link'] . '" class="subforum ' . (($subforum['unread']) ? 'unread' : 'read') . '" title="' . (($subforum['unread']) ? $user->lang['NEW_POSTS'] : $user->lang['NO_NEW_POSTS']) . '">' . $subforum['name'] . '</a>'; 
Replace with

//-- mod : forum title colour --------------------------------------------------
//-- delete
/*-MOD
            $s_subforums_list[] = '<a href="' . $subforum['link'] . '" class="subforum ' . (($subforum['unread']) ? 'unread' : 'read') . '" title="' . (($subforum['unread']) ? $user->lang['NEW_POSTS'] : $user->lang['NO_NEW_POSTS']) . '">' . $subforum['name'] . '</a>';
MOD-*/
//-- add
            $subforum_name_colour = $subforum['colour'] ? 'style="color: #' . $subforum['colour'] . '"' : '';
            $s_subforums_list[] = '<a href="' . $subforum['link'] . '" class="subforum ' . (($subforum['unread']) ? 'unread' : 'read') . '" title="' . (($subforum['unread']) ? $user->lang['NEW_POSTS'] : $user->lang['NO_NEW_POSTS']) . '" ' . $subforum_name_colour . '>' . $subforum['name'] . '</a>';
//-- fin mod : forum title colour ----------------------------------------------    
cheers,
oddfish.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net
hww

Post by hww »

oddfish wrote:yes it works fine on 3.0.2

here are a couple of changes that will help you :
Thank you, oddfish.

Finally, what do the installation instructions mean when they say "[r]efresh your Styles, clear your cache, set your settings, and apply the 'prosilver' XML file" (italics added)?

I've tried opening the prosilver XML file in my web browser, but just get a long, difficult to read, HTML string.
oddfish

Post by oddfish »

hww wrote:...

Finally, what do the installation instructions mean when they say "[r]efresh your Styles, clear your cache, set your settings, and apply the 'prosilver' XML file" (italics added)?

I've tried opening the prosilver XML file in my web browser, but just get a long, difficult to read, HTML string.
Firstly, copy the modx.prosilver.en.xsl into the template folder (where prosilver.xml is). Edit the prosilver.xml file with your good text editor and about line #2 change ../modx.prosilver.en.xsl to just one dot : ./modx.prosilver.en.xsl and save. Now you should be good to go opening that in your browser and make the edits required to your prosilver style.

In the ACP -> General, select "Load settings" on the left and set "Recompile stale style components:" to yes and Submit.

Now hit the General tab up top and hit "Purge the cache". This will refresh the changes made. Now edit any forum you want to have a different title colour and you'll see the field in the top section.

you should be sorted,
oddfish.

hww

Post by hww »

Thanks again.
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

What about a subsilver code?
oddfish

Post by oddfish »

why not ;)

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/forumlist_body.html

Find
<td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4><a href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a></h4></td>

Replace with
<td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4><a href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}"><!-- IF forumrow.S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{forumrow.FORUM_NAME_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}<!-- IF forumrow.S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a></h4></td>

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/jumpbox.html

Find
<option value="{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_ID}"{jumpbox_forums.SELECTED}><!-- BEGIN level -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<!-- END level -->{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_NAME}</option>

Replace with
<option value="{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_ID}"<!-- IF jumpbox_forums.S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --> style="color:#{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_NAME_COLOUR}; font-weight: bold;"<!-- ENDIF -->{jumpbox_forums.SELECTED}><!-- BEGIN level -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<!-- END level -->{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_NAME}</option>

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/memberlist_view.html

Find
<td><!-- IF ACTIVE_FORUM --><b><a class="gen" href="{U_ACTIVE_FORUM}">{ACTIVE_FORUM}</a></b><br /><span class="genmed">[ {ACTIVE_FORUM_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_FORUM_PCT} ]</span><!-- ELSE --><span class="gen">-</span><!-- ENDIF --></td>

Replace with
<td><!-- IF ACTIVE_FORUM --><b><a class="gen" href="{U_ACTIVE_FORUM}"><!-- IF S_ACTIVE_FORUM_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{ACTIVE_FORUM_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{ACTIVE_FORUM}<!-- IF S_ACTIVE_FORUM_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a></b><br /><span class="genmed">[ {ACTIVE_FORUM_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_FORUM_PCT} ]</span><!-- ELSE --><span class="gen">-</span><!-- ENDIF --></td>

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/search_results.html

Find
<p class="gensmall">{L_IN} <a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE}</a></p>

Replace with
<p class="gensmall">{L_IN} <a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_FORUM}"><!-- IF searchresults.S_FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE}<!-- IF searchresults.S_FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a></p>

Find
<!-- IF searchresults.FORUM_TITLE -->{L_FORUM}: <a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE}</a>

Replace with
<!-- IF searchresults.FORUM_TITLE -->{L_FORUM}: <a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_FORUM}"><!-- IF searchresults.S_FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE}<!-- IF searchresults.S_FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a>

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/viewforum_body.html

Find
<h2><a class="titles" href="{U_VIEW_FORUM}">{FORUM_NAME}</a></h2>

Replace with
<h2><a class="titles" href="{U_VIEW_FORUM}"><!-- IF S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{FORUM_NAME_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{FORUM_NAME}<!-- IF S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a></h2>

cheers,
oddfish.

DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

Thanx Much :D
autinhyeu

Post by autinhyeu »

oddfish wrote:why not ;)

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/forumlist_body.html

Find
<td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4><a href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a></h4></td>

Replace with
<td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4><a href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}"><!-- IF forumrow.S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{forumrow.FORUM_NAME_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}<!-- IF forumrow.S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a></h4></td>

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/jumpbox.html

Find
<option value="{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_ID}"{jumpbox_forums.SELECTED}><!-- BEGIN level -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<!-- END level -->{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_NAME}</option>

Replace with
<option value="{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_ID}"<!-- IF jumpbox_forums.S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --> style="color:#{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_NAME_COLOUR}; font-weight: bold;"<!-- ENDIF -->{jumpbox_forums.SELECTED}><!-- BEGIN level -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<!-- END level -->{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_NAME}</option>

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/memberlist_view.html

Find
<td><!-- IF ACTIVE_FORUM --><b><a class="gen" href="{U_ACTIVE_FORUM}">{ACTIVE_FORUM}</a></b><br /><span class="genmed">[ {ACTIVE_FORUM_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_FORUM_PCT} ]</span><!-- ELSE --><span class="gen">-</span><!-- ENDIF --></td>

Replace with
<td><!-- IF ACTIVE_FORUM --><b><a class="gen" href="{U_ACTIVE_FORUM}"><!-- IF S_ACTIVE_FORUM_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{ACTIVE_FORUM_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{ACTIVE_FORUM}<!-- IF S_ACTIVE_FORUM_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a></b><br /><span class="genmed">[ {ACTIVE_FORUM_POSTS} / {ACTIVE_FORUM_PCT} ]</span><!-- ELSE --><span class="gen">-</span><!-- ENDIF --></td>

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/search_results.html

Find
<p class="gensmall">{L_IN} <a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE}</a></p>

Replace with
<p class="gensmall">{L_IN} <a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_FORUM}"><!-- IF searchresults.S_FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE}<!-- IF searchresults.S_FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a></p>

Find
<!-- IF searchresults.FORUM_TITLE -->{L_FORUM}: <a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE}</a>

Replace with
<!-- IF searchresults.FORUM_TITLE -->{L_FORUM}: <a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_FORUM}"><!-- IF searchresults.S_FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{searchresults.FORUM_TITLE}<!-- IF searchresults.S_FORUM_TITLE_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a>

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/viewforum_body.html

Find
<h2><a class="titles" href="{U_VIEW_FORUM}">{FORUM_NAME}</a></h2>

Replace with
<h2><a class="titles" href="{U_VIEW_FORUM}"><!-- IF S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --><span style="color:#{FORUM_NAME_COLOUR};"><!-- ENDIF -->{FORUM_NAME}<!-- IF S_FORUM_NAME_COLOUR --></span><!-- ENDIF --></a></h2>

cheers,
oddfish.
Thanks so much ;)
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible
Smog

Post by Smog »

sids23 wrote:This mod is good

I got the same problem as many other people have, that the normal colors are showing up on the index page. Its working on the search page and in the admin cp.

Ill go through the code again but any ideas why its not working...?
@MOD author: your MOD is working fine with exception of the index: normal colors.
Any idea when this will be added/fixed?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”