Email on Birthday

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
abhishek1711

Re: Email on Birthday

Post by abhishek1711 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 am

will this also require me to create a custom field for users to enter birthday while registrations

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:57 am

no, not really. they can put their birthday in the already existing birthday field via the UCp.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 am

hmm bt its not part of the registration fields, is it

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 pm

no, not by default but there is a mod in the database that does just that.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

vlamis.gr

Post by vlamis.gr » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:37 am

Is there any tutorial "how to update" the email on birthday with a new version, because if simply you delete the old "chat" folder replacing with the new one, you may take this error runing install.php :

Query: CREATE TABLE ajax_chat_online ( userID INT(11) NOT NULL, userName VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, userRole INT(1) NOT NULL, channel INT(11) NOT NULL, dateTime DATETIME NOT NULL, ip VARBINARY(16) NOT NULL ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin; Error-Report: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8 Error-Code: 1064

Any idea why this hapens?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:12 pm

?

i do not understand what a chat/shoutbox mod has to do with my mod?

i do not believe they are linked
lefty74

vlamis.gr

Post by vlamis.gr » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Sorry lefty74

I hope the forum admins will delete this post. Or if you can, please do so

wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Ok, I've installed this mod, but I'm wondering where the settings are to turn it on in the admin panel?

Or where is it enabled?

wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:32 pm

Nevermind........ :oops:

karks88

Post by karks88 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:15 pm

I love this mod, it's exactly what I've been looking for! I do have a little problem and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help.

I'm actually using my board mainly for the birthday emails (we're a restaurant that sends out email coupons to customers on their birthday). Probably not the normal way to do it, but this mod fit our needs :)

My issue is that the emails don't send out unless I physically go in and visit my board's index page. I have tried several different ways to run a cron that would simply visit the index so the emails in the queue would be sent out. Unfortunately, while I can get the cron to visit the page, the emails do not send out.

Is there a way to automate the email queue of the board so that the emails send out daily?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:21 pm

i am not very familiar with cron but can tell you that the emails are only sent if a user with the same timezone and dst as the board config visits the index page it will send the mails. maybe that will help you with the cron set up.
lefty74

karks88

Post by karks88 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks for your help! I checked and the timezone and dst appears to match up with the board.

One thing I've noticed is that the cron.php file that comes with phpBB loads a 1x1 gif image when the page is accessed through the browser. When I've run the cron jobs through Lynx and WGET, the output either comes through as HTML/PHP code or with Lynx it's obviously plain text.

I think that if I can get the output to be real HTML, it would load the image and send the mail. But that's been a big challenge so far.

coconutccg

Post by coconutccg » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:54 am

lefty74 wrote:hi, you can find it under Board Features with the rest of the birthday options.
it is point..
Thanks for ur mod

gcaramaliu

Post by gcaramaliu » Wed May 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello,
Is it working also on 3.0.4? Did anyone tried it?

DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 » Wed May 13, 2009 2:07 pm

gcaramaliu wrote:Hello,
Is it working also on 3.0.4? Did anyone tried it?
Working on my 304

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”