Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Locked
Cp299
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:21 am

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by Cp299 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:05 pm

This mod almost works perfectly - if it wasn't for jumping to the reply box automatically! I know a "fix" has been posted, but it doesn't work for me, even when // out every textarea.focus(); in editor.js.

Please get a real fix for this! Evil Quick Reply doesn't have this issue so I'm half tempted to stick with that.

noregsson
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:01 pm

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by noregsson » Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm

Sorry if this problems been asked before. Skimmed thru but couldn't find anything.

Installed the mod with subsilver, get this nice little error. And I know I haven't changed anything in the file mentioned in the error, but it works fine if I turn the quick reply off, so any ideas?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_smilies() (previously declared in /home/content/.../html/forum/includes/functions_posting.php:22) in /home/content/.../html/forum/includes/functions_posting.php on line 22

abramelin
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:31 pm

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by abramelin » Thu May 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Cp299 wrote:This mod almost works perfectly - if it wasn't for jumping to the reply box automatically! I know a "fix" has been posted, but it doesn't work for me, even when // out every textarea.focus(); in editor.js.

Please get a real fix for this! Evil Quick Reply doesn't have this issue so I'm half tempted to stick with that.
i am using this mod too, what do you mean by "jumping to the reply box automatically" ?

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Posts: 2953
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Siberia, Russian Federation
Name: Ruslan
Contact:

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by rxu » Thu May 01, 2008 5:14 pm

noregsson wrote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_smilies() (previously declared in /home/content/.../html/forum/includes/functions_posting.php:22) in /home/content/.../html/forum/includes/functions_posting.php on line 22
Do you have any other MODs installed which are using posting functions?
abramelin wrote:i am using this mod too, what do you mean by "jumping to the reply box automatically" ?
It's IE feature :P When you open a topic the page scrolls down to the quick reply form.

Dustee
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:32 am
Location: Toowoomba AUS
Contact:

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by Dustee » Thu May 01, 2008 9:10 pm

rxu wrote:
Dustee wrote:I have no idea what I should have done with this file ------> modx.prosilver.en.xsl in the package I downloaded?
You have nothing to do with xsl (eXtended Style Language) file since it's a style for xml (eXtended Markup Language) one ;)
Dustee wrote:Also have this error come up when posting a reply whether using the quick reply or not, IS it due to something with quick reply or not?
Not I'm pretty sure, since QR doesn't affect message parsing in any way. Looks like you've got too much of smilies (a few tens of thousands) :)
Theres only a few hundred? LOL about 300 I beleive?

noregsson
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:01 pm

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by noregsson » Thu May 01, 2008 9:41 pm

rxu wrote:
noregsson wrote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_smilies() (previously declared in /home/content/.../html/forum/includes/functions_posting.php:22) in /home/content/.../html/forum/includes/functions_posting.php on line 22
Do you have any other MODs installed which are using posting functions?
Aw, that's right. Possible that something got left behind from before I updated forum. Guess I'll have to look into that...

abramelin
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:31 pm

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by abramelin » Thu May 01, 2008 9:48 pm

Cp299 wrote:This mod almost works perfectly - if it wasn't for jumping to the reply box automatically! I know a "fix" has been posted, but it doesn't work for me, even when // out every textarea.focus(); in editor.js.

Please get a real fix for this! Evil Quick Reply doesn't have this issue so I'm half tempted to stick with that.
open your editor.js, find "function initInsertions()"
and in this function look for the "textarea.focus();" line and remove it, thats all.

by the way there must be another fix for this issue because if we remove this line the bug fixes but when we want to write somethink by pushing the normal "reply" button, in the reply page, you have to focus manually to textarea by clicking on it ;)

Cp299
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:21 am

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by Cp299 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Exactly - there must be another way. A mod I used to use on PHPBB2 worked perfectly - very simple reply box with either "Submit" or "Preview" as the options!

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Posts: 2953
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Siberia, Russian Federation
Name: Ruslan
Contact:

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by rxu » Fri May 02, 2008 3:02 am

The goal of textarea.focus(); in function initInsertions is not to automatically get in focus reply form. As per the code comment, it's a part of a bug fix:
Fix a bug involving the TextRange object. From
http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... etBug.html
So, the textarea will get focused only in IE.

Please, test the following way to fix page scrolling on QR:

Code: Select all

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html

FIND
	var onunload_functions = new Array();

AFTER, ADD
var mode = <!-- IF QUICK_REPLY -->'quick_reply'<!-- ELSE -->''<!-- ENDIF --> ;

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/editor.js

FIND
   if (is_ie && typeof(baseHeight) != 'number')

REPLACE WITH
   if (is_ie && typeof(baseHeight) != 'number' && mode != 'quick_reply')
Then purge the cache/refresh prosilver template. Restart your IE if it was open, since old js code could be cached by browser.
Last edited by rxu on Sat May 03, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cp299
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:21 am

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by Cp299 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:14 am

rxu wrote:Please, test the following way to fix page scrolling on QR:

Code: Select all

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/quick_reply.html

FIND
		<!-- INCLUDE posting_buttons.html -->

BEFORE, ADD
		<script type="text/javascript">
		// <![CDATA[
		var mode = 'quick_reply';
		// ]]>
		</script>

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/editor.js

FIND
	if (is_ie && typeof(baseHeight) != 'number')

REPLACE WITH
	if (is_ie && typeof(baseHeight) != 'number' && mode != 'quick_reply')
Then purge the cache/refresh prosilver template. Restart your IE if it was open, since old js code could be cached by browser.
Is this as an alternative to // textarea.focus(); in editor.js, or as well as that?

abramelin
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:31 pm

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by abramelin » Fri May 02, 2008 11:20 am

rxu wrote:The goal of textarea.focus(); in function initInsertions is not to automatically get in focus reply form. As per the code comment, it's a part of a bug fix:
Fix a bug involving the TextRange object. From
http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... etBug.html
So, the textarea will get focused only in IE.

Please, test the following way to fix page scrolling on QR:

Code: Select all

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/quick_reply.html

FIND
		<!-- INCLUDE posting_buttons.html -->

BEFORE, ADD
		<script type="text/javascript">
		// <![CDATA[
		var mode = 'quick_reply';
		// ]]>
		</script>

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/editor.js

FIND
	if (is_ie && typeof(baseHeight) != 'number')

REPLACE WITH
	if (is_ie && typeof(baseHeight) != 'number' && mode != 'quick_reply')
Then purge the cache/refresh prosilver template. Restart your IE if it was open, since old js code could be cached by browser.
it works like a charm :P thank you rxu!

abramelin
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:31 pm

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by abramelin » Fri May 02, 2008 11:25 am

oh but in the normal reply page it give javscript error;
error: "mode" is undefined :o

Cp299
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:21 am

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by Cp299 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:55 pm

Edited... my mistake.
Last edited by Cp299 on Fri May 02, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Posts: 2953
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Siberia, Russian Federation
Name: Ruslan
Contact:

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by rxu » Fri May 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Cp299 wrote:Example here
I don't see any faults on the page you gave. What's the problem?

Cp299
Registered User
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:21 am

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by Cp299 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:18 pm

It was my mistake, well, Internet Explorers!

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”