Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mpolito1969
Name: Massimililano Polito

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by mpolito1969 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:32 pm

I need a MOD for a quick reply and according to the users rating this seems to be the best one.

I've got only one doubt. Does it have an impact on performance? What increase in the loading time of a page am I likely to see? 10%, 30%, 50%?

Regards,
Max

fegul

Post by fegul » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:30 pm

mpolito1969 wrote:I need a MOD for a quick reply and according to the users rating this seems to be the best one.

I've got only one doubt. Does it have an impact on performance? What increase in the loading time of a page am I likely to see? 10%, 30%, 50%?

Regards,
Max
I have the same question too. I've been testing it in a special test installation that I setup just for testing purposes and so far it still seems pretty quick (I didn't take any time measurements before I installed it though) My pages load in around 0.092 seconds (this is with no load pretty much though)

Socialoutcast

Post by Socialoutcast » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:56 pm

This MOD won't work with the latest update to phpBB. I did have it installed and it even worked on subsilver but now I can't reinstall it at all because various files have changed like common.php and viewtopic_body.html in the subsilver style :cry:

An update for this great MOD would be appreciated please :?:

Grustni

Post by Grustni » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:55 am

Hi all,
I have a question:

How can I make my other themes (incl. Subsilver2) have quick reply function? I have tried to search for a tutorial and I did manage to find some hints...But since I am not 'code' llitirate, I could not make much sense out of it. Could you please help me with that?

Thanks,

Dre

dowelld

Post by dowelld » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:45 pm

Socialoutcast wrote:This MOD won't work with the latest update to phpBB. I did have it installed and it even worked on subsilver but now I can't reinstall it at all because various files have changed like common.php and viewtopic_body.html in the subsilver style :cry:

An update for this great MOD would be appreciated please :?:
I don't know what you did when you updated, but I can assure this mod works fine on phpBB3.0.2

My board started at 3.0.0 was updated to 3.0.1 and now to 3.0.2 and this mod is working for me.

dowelld

Post by dowelld » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Grustni wrote:Hi all,
I have a question:

How can I make my other themes (incl. Subsilver2) have quick reply function? I have tried to search for a tutorial and I did manage to find some hints...But since I am not 'code' llitirate, I could not make much sense out of it. Could you please help me with that?

Thanks,

Dre
Wherever you unzipped the mod files to there should be a directory called templates in which you'll find a file called subsilver2.xml, open that with your web browser. It's the installation instructions for subsilver2.

Grustni

Post by Grustni » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:47 am

Wherever you unzipped the mod files to there should be a directory called templates in which you'll find a file called subsilver2.xml, open that with your web browser. It's the installation instructions for subsilver2.
So if i made changes to prosilver, all the other tepmplates based on prosilver, would have this MOD automaticly?
Also, does this mod include, quick "topic"? A feature to make new topics, 'quickly'? :)

dowelld

Post by dowelld » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:15 am

No you'll have to apply the mod (the template file changes at least) to every prosilver based style you want it to work on.

Yes it does contain a quick post at the topic level.

king007

Post by king007 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:56 pm

will this work on the template prosilver ?

timsweb

Post by timsweb » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:02 pm

I copied all the files needed and made all the file edits, and quick reply shows up in admin control panel and set it to be on for replys to posts, when when i go to a topic and look it theres no quick reply button popping up? how do i fix this?

Thanks Tim

dowelld

Post by dowelld » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:36 pm

There won't be a button, the quick reply should be at that bottom of the thread when you view it.

Did you purge the cache after completing the edits ?

timsweb

Post by timsweb » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:37 pm

ah i fixed it

it was cause templete was held in database while i was editing file system one!

Cheers :)

govinda

Post by govinda » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:24 am

Any information on how to add a few smileys to the quick reply boX?

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 pm

You have an options (in ACP) what to show with Quick reply for phpBB3.
There is also options to show or not show smilies

Bruneski

Post by Bruneski » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:32 pm

Hope someone can help?

I installed this mod but it was producing a small format error on the quick reply. I decided to un-install and restored all the edited files.

Everything works but in the posts the usernames are displayed twice? I'm using the Playstation style based on subsilver. I though I might have missed something so I reloaded the orginal style under a different name and the problem still exists! If I change to prosilver it fine.

Any ideas please??

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”