Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
dowelld

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by dowelld » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:43 am

Renodil wrote:
Renodil wrote:I already have evil quick reply installed on my board. This better/worse/same as that one. Should I prefer this one over the one I already got? Any opinions? Thanks.
No one answered me yet, so here's my questions again.
It would seem no one has tried that one and then switched to this one to be able to give you an opinion.

malibusurfer93

Post by malibusurfer93 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:25 am

can anyone install this for me?

Ronk15

Post by Ronk15 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:14 am

Renodil wrote:
Renodil wrote:I already have evil quick reply installed on my board. This better/worse/same as that one. Should I prefer this one over the one I already got? Any opinions? Thanks.
No one answered me yet, so here's my questions again.

I had Evil Quick Reply, but today I installed this mod and I can tell you that this is a lot better. With Evil quick reply I had problems with some bbcodes and it was a very simple mod, this is more complete and useful.
Olympus quick reply is harder to install than evil quick reply, but worth the effort.

Sorry for my english.

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:59 am

Personally, I think that there're no MODs which would be better than another MODs. Somebody has problems with MOD "a", somebody - with MOD "b", and somebody else doesn't have any problems at all :)
The things are different for the different users, imho.
But this discussion is not for this topic really ;)

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:25 pm

OK. I'll reverse engineer the evil quick reply on my local host test forum and try it out.
malibusurfer93 wrote:can anyone install this for me?
Why do you ask? It's not hard to install mods. If you can follow directions then you can install mods. If you want I can do it for ya. email me the files that need to be edited and I'll edit them for ya and email them back. Sound good?

bigcal

Post by bigcal » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi. I get this when I try to install it:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in /home/wrestlin/public_html/forum/includes/session.php on line 1392
Can anyone help me please? :)

Edit:

I noticed there was an extra ) in the middle of the code, so i removed it, and now I get:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/wrestlin/public_html/forum/includes/session.php on line 1392
This is the line of code I have:
var $keyoptions = array('viewimg' => 0, 'viewflash' => 1, 'viewsmilies' => 2, 'viewsigs' => 3, 'viewavatars' => 4, 'viewcensors' => 5, 'attachsig' => 6, 'bbcode' => 8, 'smilies' => 9, 'popuppm' => 10, 'viewquickreply' => 11, 'viewquickpost' => 12;);
Edit again :P :

When I pasted that line of code in, I noticed the extra ;. Everything has installed now :). Thanks anyway, since I found out the problem while trying to get help on here :D

Linda Carter

Post by Linda Carter » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:01 am

Any idea if this MOD is showing all emoticons in place like other phpBB 2 MODs were doing? :)
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."

rxu

Post by rxu » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:20 pm

What do you mean, Linda? :)
The quick reply box behaves exactly like the standard posting page (titled "Post a reply") does.

*Christian*
I've Been Banned!

Post by *Christian* » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:17 am

Hey, just installed on a demo board and got the following error:

Code: Select all

General Error
Module file ./../includes/acp/acp_quick_reply.php does not contain correct class [acp_quick_reply]
Any ideas what's up? :?

Also, smilies aren't showing on the quick reply box.
Proud owner of Bertie 3.0
:: No support via PM or IM ::

dylanhayward

Post by dylanhayward » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Thats Strange.

rxu

Post by rxu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Really. What phpBB version exactly? What action leads to this error?

dylanhayward

Post by dylanhayward » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:05 pm

I am staff on the same foum
Its phpbb3.2

*Christian*
I've Been Banned!

Post by *Christian* » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:08 pm

phpBB 3.0.2

This occurs when i click the ".MODs" tab
Proud owner of Bertie 3.0
:: No support via PM or IM ::

The Cadet

Post by The Cadet » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Uh... do you have to mess around with the ACP at all? I installed the root/language and /additions file, and edited the file mentioned in the install.xml document... what else do I need to do? I cleared the cache too.

Mishkin

Post by Mishkin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi, I'm working on a forum that has recently been converted from smf 1.3. I've followed the xml files directions to the letter, but the install won't run due to this error:

Code: Select all

Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/contrib/install/install.php on line 17

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/forums/contrib/install/install.php on line 17

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /var/www/forums/contrib/install/install.php on line 20
we are otherwise a clean installation of 3.0.2. Our root is forums as opposed to phpBB3 is that an issue?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”