Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by rxu »

Works fine on 3.0.2 for me.
Lloydr

Post by Lloydr »

Hi All

I just installed the mod and am getting this error, any help would be great, thanks:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'config_value' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('allow_quick_reply_options', NULL, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 156
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_quick_reply.php
LINE: 134
CALL: set_config()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_quick_reply->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Darthmat

Post by Darthmat »

Yes.
TH_Buddy

Post by TH_Buddy »

How can you apply this to other themes do you just edit it like you would?
Ronie

Post by Ronie »

OK I installed this mod and it's enabled in the Admin panel but nothing is showing up in my forum ... what's going on?
rxu

Post by rxu »

TH_Buddy wrote:How can you apply this to other themes do you just edit it like you would?
phpBB3 styles mostly are based on prosilver or subsilver2. Hence, you can try to apply edits using prosilver or subsilver2 (see MOD package /templates folder) edits respectively.
Ronie wrote:OK I installed this mod and it's enabled in the Admin panel but nothing is showing up in my forum ... what's going on?
Did you apply it for all styles you're using? Is QR enabled in UCP?
Ronie

Post by Ronie »

rxu wrote:
Ronie wrote:OK I installed this mod and it's enabled in the Admin panel but nothing is showing up in my forum ... what's going on?
Did you apply it for all styles you're using? Is QR enabled in UCP?
I did apply it to all of my styles, right now I'm using the default prosilver. What do you mean enabled in the UCP? I tried looking in the panel but I didn't see anything for quick reply... it says though that I have to make SQL changes, but I didn't see that in the instructions?
rxu

Post by rxu »

Ronie wrote:it says though that I have to make SQL changes,
Hmm... Where does it say that?
Avtually, all SQL needed changes are to be performed within install.php script.
Ronie wrote:What do you mean enabled in the UCP?
There should be a respective option in User Control Panel/Board preferences/Edit display options.
Ronie

Post by Ronie »

So I ran the uninstall and then the install again, still nothing. Everything is enabled in the Admin and these are the only things I see in the UCP...
Attachments
Picture 3.png
Picture 3.png (59.24 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
kicky

Post by kicky »

zooper wrote:
Sandip_KingMobiles wrote: This LiNe I m Confused means what actually i need to do.........................how i will run it.............plz help me............................. :cry:
In the package you'll find a file called install.php . After you've changed all the files and uploaded them, make sure the install.php is in the root of your forum (example: http://www.yourforum.com/install.php or http://www.yoursite.com/forum/install.php). If you've done that, then you open internet and you go to the URL you've just uploaded (so, http://www.yourforum.com/install.php). If you've done everything right, you'll see a window with 'you've succesfully installed blahblah'.
If you've succeed, delete install.php from your server again.

Only after this step, the quick reply form will work. I hope I helped you out!
Actually, I almost confused why my mod doesn't work, but after read above posting, I found the problem.

Thanks Zooper.
Be a part of solution better than be part of problems
kicky

Post by kicky »

oh no, just found.....

Even I have locked a topic, with this mod we still can reply.
How to make it still locked??

Thanks
rxu

Post by rxu »

Ronie wrote:So I ran the uninstall and then the install again, still nothing. Everything is enabled in the Admin and these are the only things I see in the UCP...
Please check if you're properly edited includes/ucp/ucp_prefs.php and styles/prosilver/template/ucp_prefs_view.html. Perhaps it worth to try to purge the cache and/or refresh the template through ACP/Styles.
kicky wrote:Even I have locked a topic, with this mod we still can reply.How to make it still locked??
You're an admin, you can reply in locked topics ;)
prophious

Post by prophious »

hi i was woundering if there was an alternate code for the "black pearl" at http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?t=2659.

i really like this style and i like this mod but putting both together proves to be a challenge as my coding skills are not as good as i would like, maybe someone could help me out
Ronie

Post by Ronie »

rxu wrote:
Ronie wrote:So I ran the uninstall and then the install again, still nothing. Everything is enabled in the Admin and these are the only things I see in the UCP...
Please check if you're properly edited includes/ucp/ucp_prefs.php and styles/prosilver/template/ucp_prefs_view.html. Perhaps it worth to try to purge the cache and/or refresh the template through ACP/Styles.
I double checked the files and they were edited right, but the refresh of the templates worked! I should have known haha :roll: Thanks a lot!!!
kicky

Post by kicky »

rxu wrote:
kicky wrote:Even I have locked a topic, with this mod we still can reply.How to make it still locked??
You're an admin, you can reply in locked topics ;)
:oops: :oops: :oops: Shame on me.
Wellnoted. I have try with my normal registered user id, yes, I can not reply the locked topic.
Thanks rxu.

Rxu,
I have another issue, after I install this mod, then everytime user click the topic then the brower will show this quick reply box instead of top of the page.
You can see it here
Can you help me to change the browser to top of the topic? Thanks in advance

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”