Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Aleksandar

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by Aleksandar »

Well, I just attempted to install this mod in my forum. When I ran the edited version of install.php I got a page with the following the code at top, saying the module was successfully added:

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/common.php:1) in /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 3545

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/common.php:1) in /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 3547

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/common.php:1) in /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 3548

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/common.php:1) in /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 3549
When I went to a thread in my forum I saw nothing new at the bottom. When I tried to go to the admin panel all I got was a page with the above code on it. I had to restore the original files and delete the copied files in order to gain access to the panel again. Anyone have any suggestions?
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

Aleksandar wrote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bears7/public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/common.php:1)
Either you didn't save the language file in proper (UTF-8 without BOM) encoding or there're empty space before <?php opening tag in it (or both of the reasons are possible as well).
Aleksandar

Post by Aleksandar »

That's possible since I used Notepad to make the changes. I'll make another attempt with Notepad++ and see if the results are different.
Last edited by Aleksandar on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaptnk

Post by kaptnk »

kaptnk wrote:I'm using a style called 2Unilever that can be found here : http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8679

I modified 3 files of that theme :

viewtopic_body.html
viewforum_body.html
ucp_prefs_view.html

Thanks
So, did you find my problem rxu?
You want me to paste the code I used ?

Thanks
rxu

Post by rxu »

kaptnk, 2unilever is subsilver2-based style, so you have to use subsilver2 MOD's installation instruction from the MOD package (/templates/subsilver2.xml) and corresponding file copy (/templates/root/styles/subsilver2/template/quick_reply.html).
Did you do that way? :)
faqbch99

Post by faqbch99 »

HI, 1st thank you for the mod, it installed fine and it working. But there is 1 thing that is driving me nuts and i need help to fix it. When a thread loads, it jumps to the bottom to the quick reply box and the focus is set to the blinking curser in the text box.

Is there a way to fix this?

THanks.
Aleksandar

Post by Aleksandar »

faqbch99 wrote:HI, 1st thank you for the mod, it installed fine and it working. But there is 1 thing that is driving me nuts and i need help to fix it. When a thread loads, it jumps to the bottom to the quick reply box and the focus is set to the blinking curser in the text box.

Is there a way to fix this?

THanks.
That was addressed in the third post on the first page. Here's the link it gave:

Solution to jumping problem
maxether

Post by maxether »

I GOT THE FOLLOWING ERROR.......
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in /home/dsetrade/public_html/forum/includes/session.php on line 1392

my phpBB version is 3.0.2
rxu

Post by rxu »

maxether wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in /home/dsetrade/public_html/forum/includes/session.php on line 1392
You've sertainly committed some error in session.php edit. Please, show me the line 1392 and +-3 lines around it.
R4yMoNd

PLS HELP ME!!!!

Post by R4yMoNd »

pls help me out.. i installed the quickreply according to the instruction but somehow my forum appear weird, and i cant access some feature in the acp.

sample:
{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } Raymond VIEW_LATEST_POST
{ POSTED_ON_DATE } Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:19 am

* { SEARCH_UNANSWERED } • { SEARCH_NEW } • { SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS } :?

how to fix this??? thank you
Last edited by R4yMoNd on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rxu

Post by rxu »

It looks like something's wrong with your language common.php file. Try to save it in UTF-8 without BOM encoding, and recheck the MOD installation again.
R4yMoNd

Post by R4yMoNd »

i replace all files except config, images and style and then restore my database, clear all cache, now work normal again

case closed!! thanks for the effort to help me out.. really appreciate it
Humanrag3

Post by Humanrag3 »

how do i remove the color template from the quick reply? :(
rxu

Post by rxu »

Humanrag3
Please, read this post.
Humanrag3

Post by Humanrag3 »

How about if i want to disable the bbcodes and the font size part of the quick reply? how would i do that?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”