Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
indecisive311

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by indecisive311 »

Are there any instructions for installing this on another template other than prosilver. I have just installed prosilver_se (special edition) where there isn't a viewforum_body.html or viewtopic_body.html in the template folder of the style.

Thanks!
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

indecisive311 wrote:I have just installed prosilver_se (special edition) where there isn't a viewforum_body.html or viewtopic_body.html in the template folder of the style.
As far as I know (but it may be wrong point, of course), prosilver_se hasn't it's own template but inherits one from the prosilver. Hence, if you need to install some MOD with template edits on prosilver_se, I guess you'll have to just edit prosilver template.
indecisive311

Post by indecisive311 »

Ah ok I pulled this from the prosilver SE page....
Before installing prosilver Special Edition, your board must have the prosilver template component installed and activated. This style inherits most of its template files from prosilver and as such relies on it in order to function properly. Please note that this style will only work for boards running phpBB 3.0.3 or higher due to the use of template inheritance.
So I'll try to edit this when I get home. Thanks!
ltunnicliffe

Post by ltunnicliffe »

After installing this mod and getting the "installation Success" message, I don't see the quick reply form at the bottom of the topics nor do I see anything in the ACP about QuickReply. Your help is certainly appreciated.

EDIT: I found my problem. I didn't have them turned on and could find it in the ACP. But now another problem has crept up. I apparently have a custom template. I modified my template according to the install .xml and ran the install. Now when I enter a topic I get this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\distribution\cache\tpl_mtsoftexas_viewtopic_body.html.php on line 169

Thanks,

Loren
rxu

Post by rxu »

ltunnicliffe wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\distribution\cache\tpl_mtsoftexas_viewtopic_body.html.php on line 169
It's obviously some error in viewtopic_body.html edits. Please, recheck the changes you've made in it.
ltunnicliffe

Post by ltunnicliffe »

I think I found my mistake, but now I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\distribution\cache\tpl_mtsoftexas_viewtopic_body.html.php on line 169

EDIT: Sorry wrong error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in \distribution\includes\template.php(187) : eval()'d code on line 169
rxu

Post by rxu »

I guess there're more errors in template files edits, please recheck them once more.
spoda-b.com

Post by spoda-b.com »

I can't get this to work on any version of prosilver, sub silver nor my default theme/template which is hermes gray.

I'm tryin to install using AutoMOD...
rxu

Post by rxu »

Did you run install.php script (see DIY instructions) after installation?
Did you get any errors with this MOD?
spoda-b.com

Post by spoda-b.com »

rxu wrote:Did you run install.php script (see DIY instructions) after installation?
Did you get any errors with this MOD?
I'll try that.
spoda-b.com

Post by spoda-b.com »

uploaded the install.php file, ran it. I got a message saying module installed correctly.

When I try to run automod, I get these errors.

rxu

Post by rxu »

AutoMOD is beta for now yet :)
Try to manually edit those files (and don't forget to purge the cache/refresh templates after that).
spoda-b.com

Post by spoda-b.com »

rxu wrote:AutoMOD is beta for now yet :)
Try to manually edit those files (and don't forget to purge the cache/refresh templates after that).
I'll try it again I guess. I've tried manually doing it... but couldnt get it to work then either.
phatphish

Post by phatphish »

ltunnicliffe wrote:After installing this mod and getting the "installation Success" message, I don't see the quick reply form at the bottom of the topics nor do I see anything in the ACP about QuickReply. Your help is certainly appreciated.

EDIT: I found my problem. I didn't have them turned on and could find it in the ACP. But now another problem has crept up. I apparently have a custom template. I modified my template according to the install .xml and ran the install. Now when I enter a topic I get this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp\www\distribution\cache\tpl_mtsoftexas_viewtopic_body.html.php on line 169

Thanks,

Loren
i'm having the same problem in that it doesn't seem to be appearing in the acp, yet didnt receive any error messages during the installation
Koluda

Post by Koluda »

Can anyone help me with where to insert the code in the N.Design template ?

Here is the site www.spille-maskiner.dk

It´s the viewtopic_body thats giving me some trouble.

Is testet and working on the prosilver template, but can´t get it to work on the N.Design becourse i don´t know where to put the codes.

Regards, René

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”