Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Apocalypso

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by Apocalypso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:26 am

After half hour it still only shows blank page with "Web site found. Waiting for reply" in status bar.
:arrow: www.symbian-freak.com - Your Ultimate Symbian Destination

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Actually, install.php from the MOD package hangs on the large boards. Please read this information post, you can find a link to bugfixed install.php there :)

glowboy

Post by glowboy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:01 pm

hello everyone.. am done with the installation of the mod by automod.. but i have a problem now.. i am using ca_black style and the changes i have to make in template/viewtopic_body.html are not same

Code: Select all

Open: styles/prosilver/template/viewforum_body.html
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.
CODE: SELECT ALL
<!-- INCLUDE jumpbox.html -->
Add before
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line before the preceding line(s) to find.
<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><!-- INCLUDE quick_reply.html --><!-- ENDIF -->

should be replaced by the above code.. this code does not exist how can i make changes in ca_lack style now?

the same problem is with the following edits

Open: styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html
Find
				<!-- IF not postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><strong>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}<!-- ENDIF -->
Replace With
Tip: Replace the preceding line(s) to find with the following lines.
<!-- We use "\r\n" newline here because insert_text() JS function doesn't insert newline with "\n" (at least in Windows) -->
				<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><a href="#postform" onclick="insert_text('[b]{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}[/b]\r\n'); return false;"<!-- IF postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR --> style="color: {postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR}" <!-- ENDIF -->>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR}</a><!-- ELSE --><!-- IF not postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><strong>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
Find
			<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG --><dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.RANK_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Replace With
Tip: Replace the preceding line(s) to find with the following lines.
<!-- We use "\r\n" newline here because insert_text() JS function doesn't insert newline with "\n" (at least in Windows) -->
			<!-- IF not postrow.RANK_TITLE --><br /><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><dd><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG --><dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><br /><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.RANK_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Find
Add before
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line before the preceding line(s) to find.
<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><!-- INCLUDE quick_reply.html --><!-- ENDIF -->

DBpbg

Post by DBpbg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:31 pm

I just installed the mod and it works great.

But there is still a question for me:
Is it possible to "hide" the form, so that there is only a small button to click on? When the user clicks on it, the form should appear complete.

I did not read the whole 124 pages, if there should be a solution, I apologize for this. :D
Dennis

Apocalypso

Post by Apocalypso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

rxu wrote:Actually, install.php from the MOD package hangs on the large boards. Please read this information post, you can find a link to bugfixed install.php there :)
Hmm, it work just fine and I'm not sure if I need to run bugfixed install.php or leave it as is?

Apocalypso

Post by Apocalypso » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:49 am

Apocalypso wrote:
rxu wrote:Actually, install.php from the MOD package hangs on the large boards. Please read this information post, you can find a link to bugfixed install.php there :)
Hmm, it work just fine and I'm not sure if I need to run bugfixed install.php or leave it as is?
and forum is soemhow slower after adding QR mod?
http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/

rxu

Post by rxu » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm

Apocalypso wrote:and forum is soemhow slower after adding QR mod?
Generally QR shouldn't slow down the board because it doesn't involve any SQL queries. But certainly it adds additional content to every viewtopic page ;)
DBpbg wrote:Is it possible to "hide" the form, so that there is only a small button to click on?
Actually, there's a kind of toggle button addon here, but I can't guarantee it's problem-free workability.

DBpbg

Post by DBpbg » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:26 pm

rxu wrote:
DBpbg wrote:Is it possible to "hide" the form, so that there is only a small button to click on?
Actually, there's a kind of toggle button addon here, but I can't guarantee it's problem-free workability.
Ah, thank you. But you are right, it does not work fine for me. I installed the mod correct I think, but the "Quick-Reply"-Button does not appear. (I inserted the button also in my german imageset and added it to the imageset.cfg)

If I should find the reason for this, I will edit this post. ;)
Dennis

glowboy

Post by glowboy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:34 am

can anyone telme how can i make the template changes in ca_black style..? i cannot find the posible edits mentioned in ca_black style

Apocalypso

Post by Apocalypso » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:47 am

It si pretty much the same with ally styles... .. .

glowboy

Post by glowboy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 am

noo.. i am trying to edit the code as given in template changes but i cannot find the same text to edit..

Apocalypso

Post by Apocalypso » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:18 am

Well if I managed to add it to weird Mynxx template than I can't see any reason why it will not be possible to add it to your template as well.

Of course with such templates it requires more work and you'll not be able to find exact code and therefore you'll need to look for partial match and then inspect the code around to see what to change and what to leave as is.

neobl4de

Post by neobl4de » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:11 am

Is there an option or a workaround so that the quick reply is enabled by default? :D

rxu

Post by rxu » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:35 pm

neobl4de
It's three pages earlier ;)

mbreezy

Post by mbreezy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:31 pm

nevermind, figured it out
Last edited by mbreezy on Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”