Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
sterlinron

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by sterlinron » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Demoney420 wrote:
rxu wrote:Please show the line 1475 of /includes/session.php.
I checked that and I redid it like it told me to still the same thing
I had this error, the copy paste didn't have a comma after it. So past it in (make sure there is only one comma in front of the pasted text, then add a comma to the very end of the pasted text.

I feel so smart :lol:

sterlinron

Post by sterlinron » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 pm

But not smart enough. I still need help.

I have the mod installed correctly I think. And after reading pretty much this whole topic, I cannot find a solution to my problems. It appears that winrider07 experienced the smiley problem I am having as well, but i don't see where anyone was able to resolve it.

Problem one:

I have two quick reply boxes. Both at the bottom of the screen. The second one appears to be the one that comes with 3.06. I tried turning it off in the ACP, but it turns off both of them. The second one does not have smilies, nor do I want it to. I just want the QR that this mod provides.

Problem two:

Under the following scenarios, when users click on smilies it does not enter the emoticode, it sends the user to the top of the page. Note: the only scenario where this does work properly is using Firefox with Subsilver 2.

Does not work when:
Using Internet Explorer with Prosilver or Subsilver 2
Using Firefox with Prosilver.

PLEASE HELP!

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:15 am

sterlinron wrote:Problem one:
The cause is that you have current QR and built-in QR enabled at the same time. Just leave built-in QR switched on globally, but turn it off on per-forum level.
sterlinron wrote:when users click on smilies it does not enter the emoticode, it sends the user to the top of the page.
If we're talking about phpBB version earlier than 3.0.7, then that's a phpBB bug that was fixed in 3.0.7. In this case you'll experience the same problem with the full post editor. Please be up to date ;)

sterlinron

Post by sterlinron » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:39 am

I am using 3.0.7 I think I just figured out the smilies thing. I had a bbcode mod installed before I found your wonderful mod. I just uninstalled it and they seem to be working now. I thought I tried what you just posted about the second QR, but I am going to review your instructions and try again. I did notice that it is only showing up on subsilver2

sterlinron

Post by sterlinron » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:50 am

I am still looking, but can you tell me how to turn of the QR on the forum level if you are still on-line please?

sterlinron

Post by sterlinron » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:56 am

Nevermind I found it!!!! Wooo Hoooo It is finally perfect. Thanks so much for the ultimate QR mod!!!!

MazdaY

Post by MazdaY » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:12 pm

where to download the latest version?

ravikum

Post by ravikum » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:38 pm

rxu wrote:
kevb8ll wrote:Does it mean I can't use CAPTCHA at all?
No, you can use CAPTCHA of course.
But if you use it for guest posting for example, something like Q&A CAPTCHA just won't be displayed in quickreply box.

Hi,
I desperately need to display the question and answer captcha for guests on the 'quick reply" and "quick post" forms.

Please make the appropriate modification so that the Q&A CAPTCHA works for your mod.

Thanks a lot

Kein

Post by Kein » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:46 pm

How to remove all changes/data this mod have stored in DB?

Neil Fitzgerald

Post by Neil Fitzgerald » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:54 am

My pages with this mod wouldn't validate, so in my style's viewtopic.html I found

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not postrow.RANK_TITLE --><br /><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><dd><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
and replaced it with

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not postrow.RANK_TITLE --><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><dd><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
This seems to have fixed it. Not sure if this is a problem with this mod, or my site (in which case I've probably just wrecked it further). Perhaps someone else can comment.

robochimp808

Post by robochimp808 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Have install the mod after reading the instructions - it appears to work great except.......the smilies aren't showing up :(

have attached a screenshot, thanks for any help!
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-04-27 at 14.50.11.png
no smilies :(
Screen shot 2010-04-27 at 14.50.11.png (252.19 KiB) Viewed 4175 times

rxu

Post by rxu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:07 pm

robochimp808 wrote:the smilies aren't showing up
Did you try to enable them in ACP Quick reply module?

robochimp808

Post by robochimp808 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:44 pm

ah ha! didnt realise that was there :)

what about the other quick reply box thats above your mod? how do i get rid of that?

thanks again!

rxu

Post by rxu » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:26 pm

robochimp808 wrote:what about the other quick reply box thats above your mod?
If you mean the built-in QR box, so just disable it on per-forum level (in all forums).

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”