Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
jmmcjohn

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by jmmcjohn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Ok i uploaded all my backup files and i now get this.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'howsite.MPREFIXuser' doesn't exist [1146]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
EDIT: I fixed this and it goes back to the other page that posted before. Please help!

jmmcjohn

Post by jmmcjohn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:03 pm

All fixed. I forgot to re-upload the language/en/acp files. When i did, *PRESTO BLAMO* it was all better. I don't think i will be trying that one again. Thanks for all your help :)

-John

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:19 pm

jmmcjohn wrote:Thanks for all your help
it's nothing :) Just there're some things those hard to fix, like if user forgot to do something :D

Thanks.

ProSmash

Post by ProSmash » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:20 am

8-) Hi rxu.

I have installed the mod as the instructions said, but now I have this message when I enter to a forum:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/quick_reply.php on line 29: Undefined variable: topic_data
The code of that line is:

$main_data = ($mode == 'reply') ? $topic_data : $forum_data;
And if I try to enter to a topic, there is a lot of code:

This happens in prosilver and in subsilver2, I can see the configuration of the mod in the ACP and in UCP, so, how can i solve this problem?

rxu

Post by rxu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:58 am

By default $topic_id variable shouldn't be set in viewforum.php before quick_reply.php inclusion unless you've some else MODs installed... Try to do the following with includes/quick_reply.php:

FIND
$mode = (isset($topic_id)) ? 'reply' : 'post';

REPLACE WITH
$mode = (isset($topic_data)) ? 'reply' : 'post';
ProSmash wrote:And if I try to enter to a topic, there is a lot of code
Are you sure you've saved all edited files in UTF-8 without BOM encoding? The same is for quick_reply.php edit, by the way ;)

ProSmash

Post by ProSmash » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:18 am

Well, that solved it, thanks a lot rxu. I replaced the code in includes/quick_reply.php with the one you suggested and re-edit the viewtopic.php, maybe I got some mistake in the process, but the "<php" tag in the beginning of the file was incomplete.

This mod is awesome 8-) Thanks again

TheBuzzSaw

Post by TheBuzzSaw » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:24 am

Does anyone have a forum with this mod functioning? I'd like to see it.
Amateurs go until they get it right.
Professionals go until they never get it wrong.

ProSmash

Post by ProSmash » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:27 am

Well, I have it, i dont know if it's ok posting it here, but:

http://foro.freekinet.net/index.php

It's in Spanish because i'm from Mexico, and the mod is running perfectly in prosilver and subsilver2

rampal

Post by rampal » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi rxu, to begin with many thanks for preparing this MOD and for posting all these replies. I have carefully read all details, edited the required files, copied the requested ones, run the instal (the one last recommended, with the bug fixed) and... nothing happens. I did not get any message after running the install. I have purged the cache too. I have deleted the install file, relog into my forum and... nothing happend. I am running a phpBB 3.0 forum with the "Spanish" language, even though I have uploaded all requested files into the "english" corresponding folders and placed a copy of the same files into the MODs subfolder of the Spanish language and also edited the common.php found in language/en/acp/common.php, and in the same way the common.php found in language/es/acp/common.php
The forum runs perfectly, no errors, no malfunctions.... but no quick-reply box anywhere.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:08 am

rampal
Did you get at least Quick Reply ACP module after installation and "Display quick reply panel at topic view" option in UCP/Board preferences/Edit display options?

sherylls

Post by sherylls » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:25 am

I'm having an odd error in prosilver. Everything's working fine with the exception of the user control panel. The text is off - I can't figure out how to fix it. I double and triple checked all the files that were modified and everything is as it should be according to the install instructions. The subsilver UCP doesn't have this problem. Any clue as to where I went wrong?

traderttz

Post by traderttz » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:08 am

I am using the classydark template but i can't seem to make it work. :(

Its using subsilver as the base and I have followed the instruction from QR_pbpBB3.xml and subsilver2.xml but it just don't appear.

I have also purged the cache and nothing seems to work.

Here is what I have done so far. Maybe someone can assist me here.

I have followed the intructions from QR_phpBB3.xml and subsilver2.xml and ran the install.php. Instead of pasting the quick_reply.html into the subsilver folder, I pasted it into my classydark template folder. In addition, I edited the files (ucp_prefs_view.html, viewforum_body.html, viewtopic_body.html) in the classydark template folder in accordance to the instruction found in subsilver2.xml as my template uses subsilver as the base.

Is there anything that I missed out?

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:31 am

sherylls wrote:Any clue as to where I went wrong?
Please, paste here the edited part of ucp_prefs_view.html for prosilver.

traderttz
Did the quick reply options appear in UCP and ACP?

traderttz

Post by traderttz » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:43 am

only in acp but no in ucp...

sherylls

Post by sherylls » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 am

rxu wrote:
sherylls wrote:Any clue as to where I went wrong?
Please, paste here the edited part of ucp_prefs_view.html for prosilver.
Here it is - I didn't know if you wanted the whole thing, so I grabbed the code above and below the mod as well. The quick post shows up the same way if I enable it in the ACP, too.

<dt><label for="avatars1">{L_VIEW_AVATARS}:</label></dt>
			<dd>
				<label for="avatars1"><input type="radio" name="avatars" id="avatars1" value="1"<!-- IF S_AVATARS --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_YES}</label> 
				<label for="avatars0"><input type="radio" name="avatars" id="avatars0" value="0"<!-- IF not S_AVATARS --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_NO}</label>

<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY -->
		<dl>
			<dt><label for="quickreply1">{L_QUICK_REPLY_DISPLAY}:</label></dt>
			<dd>
				<label for="quickreply1"><input type="radio" name="quickreply" id="quickreply1" value="1"<!-- IF S_QUICKREPLY --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_YES}</label> 
				<label for="quickreply0"><input type="radio" name="quickreply" id="quickreply0" value="0"<!-- IF not S_QUICKREPLY --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_NO}</label>
			</dd>
		</dl>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF QUICK_POST -->
		<dl>
			<dt><label for="quickpost1">{L_QUICK_POST_DISPLAY}:</label></dt>
			<dd>
				<label for="quickpost1"><input type="radio" name="quickpost" id="quickpost1" value="1"<!-- IF S_QUICKPOST --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_YES}</label> 
				<label for="quickpost0"><input type="radio" name="quickpost" id="quickpost0" value="0"<!-- IF not S_QUICKPOST --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_NO}</label>
			</dd>
		</dl>
		<!-- ENDIF -->

</dd>
		</dl>
		<!-- IF S_CHANGE_CENSORS -->
			<dl>
				<dt><label for="wordcensor1">{L_DISABLE_CENSORS}:</label></dt>
				<dd>
					<label for="wordcensor1"><input type="radio" name="wordcensor" id="wordcensor1" value="1"<!-- IF S_DISABLE_CENSORS --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_YES}</label> 
					<label for="wordcensor0"><input type="radio" name="wordcensor" id="wordcensor0" value="0"<!-- IF not S_DISABLE_CENSORS --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_NO}</label>
				</dd>
			</dl>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		<hr />
		<dl>

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”