Page 1 of 140

Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:24 pm
by Extensions Robot
Modification name: Quick reply for phpBB3
Author: rxu
Modification description: This mod adds quick post form at viewforum and quick reply form at viewtopic, fully customizable from ACP/UCP. Allows quick quoting of selected text and quick nick insertion at viewtopic.
Modification version: 1.6.7
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.0

Download file: Olympus_QR_1.6.7.zip
File size: 56398 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Modifications Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--

Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:24 pm
by Paul
Modification validated/released

Notes:

Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:24 pm
by rxu
Important:

Most reliable fix for the problem of a topic page jumping down to the quick reply box is here - thanks to dowelld. NOTE: this bug should be gone with the phpBB 3.0.5 version release (the fix is here).

For subsilver2 and subsilver2-based styles see MOD package /templates folder.

Some tips about the templates editing are here.

A way to resize the textbox can be found here.

A way to enable the MOD features by default for all newly and already registered users can be found here.

Here you can find a link to acidtechyellow style installation instruction (perhaps can be suitable for other acidtech themes).

Before using installation script (install.php) for MOD ver.1.6.7, please download and use bugfixed version from here (direct link) instead of install.php from the MOD package.

For ones wishing to uninstall the MOD:
  • Download bugfixed version from here (direct link) instead of uninstall.php from the MOD package.
  • Upload downloaded uninstall.php to your board root and run it in browser.
  • Undo the files changes you've made with the MOD.
NOTICE: although fixed versions of install.php and uninstall.php are provided, the ones includes in MOD release won't make any kind of database damage or corruption. There're only possible (not critical) bugs fixed those related to users display options settings.

Translations made by users:
hebrew by ttuu
Dutch by GoBieN
German by juport
Italian by antoscarface

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:22 pm
by Faisal Shah
Thanks..

I just wanted to install this plugins.

I am almost done perfectly (I believe)

But I am stuck into session.php

I get this when i run localhost/install.php to finalize the installation of MOD.

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in C:\server\htdocs\phpbb\includes\session.php on line 1278
Help Please...

FAISAL@

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:56 pm
by rma-web
screenshots please?

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:56 am
by OPs NaStY MoFo
I get this error message in session.php

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VAR, expecting ')' in /home/blank/public_html/forum/includes/session.php on line 1279
http://www.Team-OPs.com/forum

And I even get it on the install page this is where the error is

Code: Select all

	var $keyoptions = array('viewimg' => 0, 'viewflash' => 1, 'viewsmilies' => 2, 'viewsigs' => 3, 'viewavatars' => 4, 'viewcensors' => 5, 'attachsig' => 6, 'bbcode' => 8, 'smilies' => 9, 'popuppm' => 10, 'viewquickreply' => 11, 'viewquickpost' => 12

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:00 am
by psychedeliic
hi, i applyed this MOD to my melankolia theme, but I think something is not right.
My forum looks like this. Please tell me what to do.
Image

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:42 pm
by dreamsofthequill
I'm a huge fan of quick reply, and I feel like I should install this, but—

I must say, the number of failures described in this thread is somewhat daunting. Has anyone actually succeeded in installing this modification?

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:45 pm
by rxu
Faisal Shah wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in C:\server\htdocs\phpbb\includes\session.php on line 1278
Pastebin here line 1278, please.
OPs NaStY MoFo wrote:Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VAR, expecting ')' in /home/blank/public_html/forum/includes/session.php on line 1279
This is just incorrect MOD installation. Add ); at the end of the line.
psychedeliic wrote:hi, i applyed this MOD to my melankolia theme
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that theme. Could you give me a link to melankolia source code?
dreamsofthequill wrote:I must say, the number of failures described in this thread is somewhat daunting.
I must say that those failures is not up to this MOD but the way users install it ;)
Anyway, final decision is up to you.

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:17 pm
by dreamsofthequill
I shall install away; thanks for the reassurance :)

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:35 pm
by Moomje
dreamsofthequill wrote:I'm a huge fan of quick reply, and I feel like I should install this, but—

I must say, the number of failures described in this thread is somewhat daunting. Has anyone actually succeeded in installing this modification?
Yes, I did without errors and it works great.

Thank you rxu

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:42 pm
by Faisal Shah
rxu wrote:
Faisal Shah wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in C:\server\htdocs\phpbb\includes\session.php on line 1278
Pastebin here line 1278, please.
OPs NaStY MoFo wrote:Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VAR, expecting ')' in /home/blank/public_html/forum/includes/session.php on line 1279
This is just incorrect MOD installation. Add ); at the end of the line.
psychedeliic wrote:hi, i applyed this MOD to my melankolia theme
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that theme. Could you give me a link to melankolia source code?
dreamsofthequill wrote:I must say, the number of failures described in this thread is somewhat daunting.
I must say that those failures is not up to this MOD but the way users install it ;)
Anyway, final decision is up to you.
Thanks.> I just today again edited my session.php and it work..

BUt one thing i would like to know.. for quickreply it only gives one text box and Button or preview and post?

Because I can't see any control like resizing text etc...

FAISAL!

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:50 pm
by rxu
Faisal Shah wrote:I can't see any control like resizing text etc...
You mean bbcode buttons or something else? Could you give a screenshot of what did you get with quickreply form?

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:47 pm
by modbo
@rxu: Do you have some screenshots of your mod or a demo board?
THX

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:56 pm
by Moomje
I just noticed that the cursor jumps the page down to quick reply.

Fix for this:
comment this out in editor.js:
textarea.focus();
like //textarea.focus();