Activity Stats MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Spokane, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by Highway of Life » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:17 am

Open the install.xml file in your browser, the instructions are much easier to follow. At most, the MOD should take you 5 minutes to install, 10 minutes max, if you’re experienced, maybe 2-3 minutes.

Try AutoMOD for automatic installations of MODs. :)
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

User avatar
truepro2
Registered User
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 am

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by truepro2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:07 am

Highway of Life wrote:Open the install.xml file in your browser, the instructions are much easier to follow. At most, the MOD should take you 5 minutes to install, 10 minutes max, if you’re experienced, maybe 2-3 minutes.

Try AutoMOD for automatic installations of MODs. :)
I have no clue even how to instal an auto mod
I did down load it on my desktop but need to figure out how to install. As far as opening the install.xml I have no clue of what that is ?

sorry if I seem green but I am not to good with the code end of forums but want to learn


I will do some more research and try to figure it out.

as far as my MOD I tried to instal it still lacks the updates :(

User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Spokane, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by Highway of Life » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:45 am

Okay, the Modification comes with an install.xml file... that's the file you've been reading for instructions on installing it. You need to open that file in your browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc), not a code editor.

As for AutoMOD, it should contain instructions for installing, it’s pretty straight-forward. AutoMOD should make your modification installing life much easier, especially if it’s taking you days to install a 10 minute MOD. 8-)
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

User avatar
truepro2
Registered User
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 am

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by truepro2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 am

Highway of Life wrote:Okay, the Modification comes with an install.xml file... that's the file you've been reading for instructions on installing it. You need to open that file in your browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc), not a code editor.

As for AutoMOD, it should contain instructions for installing, it’s pretty straight-forward. AutoMOD should make your modification installing life much easier, especially if it’s taking you days to install a 10 minute MOD. 8-)
thanks
but it is taking me days to figure out how to get this auto mod set up

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1999025

I am about ready to throw the towel in on the forum thing

coogs
Registered User
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by coogs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:36 am

Where i can edit the setting in ACP ?

pixieloulou1982
Registered User
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by pixieloulou1982 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:24 am

Hey guys installed the actvity stats mod, all ok apart from the positioning, I think in some of the edits i put something in the wrong place

Image

Its going to be something simple isnt it? Thanks for those who take the time to help ;-)

User avatar
HGN
Former Team Member
Posts: 4706
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Alfred
Contact:

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by HGN » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:46 pm

It would make it easier if you provide a link to your board.

*** EDIT ***

I think I found a link to your board from an earlier post of you: http://sinful-ties.com/phpBB3/index.php

Open /styles/subsilver2/template/index_body.html

Find

Code: Select all

<table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1">
<tr>
	<td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4>{L_STATISTICS}</h4></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="row1"><img src="{T_THEME_PATH}/images/whosonline.gif" alt="{L_STATISTICS}" /></td>

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
	<h3 id="24hour_stats">{L_24HOUR_STATS}</h3>
	<p>{24HOUR_POSTS} &bull; {24HOUR_TOPICS} &bull; {24HOUR_USERS}</p>
	<!-- ENDIF -->

	<td class="row1" width="100%" valign="middle"><p class="genmed">{TOTAL_POSTS} | {TOTAL_TOPICS} | {TOTAL_USERS} | {NEWEST_USER}</p></td>
</tr>
</table>
Replace by

Code: Select all

<table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1">
<tr>
	<td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4>{L_STATISTICS}</h4></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="row1"><img src="{T_THEME_PATH}/images/whosonline.gif" alt="{L_STATISTICS}" /></td>
	<td class="row1" width="100%" valign="middle"><p class="genmed">{TOTAL_POSTS} | {TOTAL_TOPICS} | {TOTAL_USERS} | {NEWEST_USER}</p></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
	<br clear="all" />
	<table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1">
	<tr>
		<td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4>{L_24HOUR_STATS}</h4></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1"><img src="{T_THEME_PATH}/images/whosonline.gif" alt="{L_STATISTICS}" /></td>
		<td class="row1" width="100%" valign="middle"><p class="genmed">{24HOUR_POSTS} | {24HOUR_TOPICS} | {24HOUR_USERS}</p></td>
	</tr>
	</table>
<!-- ENDIF -->

User avatar
kenno
Registered User
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by kenno » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 pm

What do I need to include and put in my php to display last 24h users, new 24h posts, new 24h users and new 24h topics on a separate page ?
I tried only

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_activity_stats.' . $phpEx);
activity_mod(); 
with that code i get only the full list of last 24 users, but i cannot get new 24h posts, new 24h users and new 24h topics.
So how it could be done. Starting with:

Code: Select all

    <?php
    define('IN_PHPBB', true);
    $phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
    $phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
    include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

    // Start session management
    $user->session_begin();
    $auth->acl($user->data);
    $user->setup();

    page_header('Activity');

    $template->set_filenames(array(
        'body' => 'activity.html',
    ));


    page_footer();
    ?>

User avatar
truepro2
Registered User
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 am

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by truepro2 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:40 am

where do you locate the php?
this is how mine looks

O cant get any updates
stats.jpg
stats.jpg (39.87 KiB) Viewed 811 times

User avatar
truepro2
Registered User
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 am

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by truepro2 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:00 am

truepro2 wrote:ok I dont know where to find this at so I can edit it open src="index.php <<<<<< ?

man it says a few min to instal and it takes me days to get it right :(

Code: Select all

<copy>
               <file from="root/includes/functions_activity_stats.php" to="includes/functions_activity_stats.php" />
               <file from="root/language/en/mods/activity_stats.php" to="language/en/mods/activity_stats.php" />
            </copy>

            <open src="index.php">
               <edit>
                  <find><![CDATA[// Output page
page_header($user->lang['INDEX']);]]></find>
                  <action type="before-add"><![CDATA[include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_activity_stats.' . $phpEx);
activity_mod();
]]></action>
               </edit>
            </open>
bump to this

iftitaj
Registered User
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:21 am
Location: Karachi, Pakistan

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by iftitaj » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:16 am

truepro2 wrote:
truepro2 wrote:ok I dont know where to find this at so I can edit it open src="index.php <<<<<< ?

man it says a few min to instal and it takes me days to get it right :(

Code: Select all

<copy>
               <file from="root/includes/functions_activity_stats.php" to="includes/functions_activity_stats.php" />
               <file from="root/language/en/mods/activity_stats.php" to="language/en/mods/activity_stats.php" />
            </copy>

            <open src="index.php">
               <edit>
                  <find><![CDATA[// Output page
page_header($user->lang['INDEX']);]]></find>
                  <action type="before-add"><![CDATA[include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_activity_stats.' . $phpEx);
activity_mod();
]]></action>
               </edit>
            </open>
bump to this
Highway of Life had replied to you right when you asked it. I'm quoting his reply here:
Highway of Life wrote:Open the install.xml file in your browser, the instructions are much easier to follow. At most, the MOD should take you 5 minutes to install, 10 minutes max, if you’re experienced, maybe 2-3 minutes.

Try AutoMOD for automatic installations of MODs. :)

User avatar
truepro2
Registered User
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 am

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by truepro2 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 pm

I cant get the auto mod to load in
I installed it in my FTP then tried to go to the link to uplad it to my board but it did not work

I am lost when it comes to codes and such

I have started a thread asking for help and willing to donate to sombody if they choose to help

iftitaj
Registered User
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:21 am
Location: Karachi, Pakistan

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by iftitaj » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:52 pm

truepro2 wrote:I cant get the auto mod to load in
I installed it in my FTP then tried to go to the link to uplad it to my board but it did not work

I am lost when it comes to codes and such

I have started a thread asking for help and willing to donate to sombody if they choose to help
If you simply open install.xml file (from downloaded zip file after unzipping) in any browser like Internet Explorer, you will get very detailed instructions of what you are supposed to do.

User avatar
truepro2
Registered User
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 am

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by truepro2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:33 am

iftitaj wrote:
truepro2 wrote:I cant get the auto mod to load in
I installed it in my FTP then tried to go to the link to uplad it to my board but it did not work

I am lost when it comes to codes and such

I have started a thread asking for help and willing to donate to sombody if they choose to help
If you simply open install.xml file (from downloaded zip file after unzipping) in any browser like Internet Explorer, you will get very detailed instructions of what you are supposed to do.
in the auto mod zip I see nothing that has an extention .XML

iftitaj
Registered User
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:21 am
Location: Karachi, Pakistan

Re: Activity Stats MOD

Post by iftitaj » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:21 am

truepro2 wrote:
iftitaj wrote:
truepro2 wrote:I cant get the auto mod to load in
I installed it in my FTP then tried to go to the link to uplad it to my board but it did not work

I am lost when it comes to codes and such

I have started a thread asking for help and willing to donate to sombody if they choose to help
If you simply open install.xml file (from downloaded zip file after unzipping) in any browser like Internet Explorer, you will get very detailed instructions of what you are supposed to do.
in the auto mod zip I see nothing that has an extention .XML
I'm not talking about AutoMod ....... I've not tried it ever ........ it still has many problems. I prefer manual MODification.

Open install.xml from the downloaded zip file from this topic's first post - The download file of this MOD.

Or if you can, give me FTP access to your forum's directory. I'll try to modify your files accordingly.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests