Enable Browser Language Detection

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MartectX
Translator

Re: Enable Browser Language Detection

Post by MartectX »

Ariane A wrote:Is someone using this mod with version 3.0.5? Still working fine?
No complaints.
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

3.0.5 here, still working fine !
Ariane A

Post by Ariane A »

Thank you !
Ariane
https://www.zeldaspalace.com - About the Legend of Zelda video games
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello @ all,
thank you very much for your feedback! :)

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
Ariane A

Post by Ariane A »

Hi,

I have a problem : I have just installed German (de_x_sie) on my forum, but this language is not detected for guests (even with German on top of the language list).
I guess this is because of the difference between "de" and "de_x_sie".
What can I do?
Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Sorry, it's OK, forgot to empty the cache ;-)
Ariane
https://www.zeldaspalace.com - About the Legend of Zelda video games
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
in phpBB 3.0.6 the feature
Add language selection to the registration terms page. (Patch by leviatan21)
has been added. So IMO the feature of this MOD here to phpBB3 is much more important as before. We will see what the future is bringing for the phpBB community. :?:

One good news: The MOD still is compatible with phpBB 3.0.6, too. :)

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
renefeli

Post by renefeli »

Hi,

I've almost completed my forum. I had installed this great MOD and works GREAT ! :P
But, I don't only want have it working for Guest, but for all users types.
How to "open" this function to any users of the forum (guest, registered, logged on)???? I can't find the solution, I really need your help !! :o

Thanks in advance !
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

why would you want to do that ?
Registered users can choose their language in the User Control Panel.
renefeli

Post by renefeli »

GoBieN wrote:why would you want to do that ?
Registered users can choose their language in the User Control Panel.
Sorry ? I may miss something here, but which User Control Panel ? I don't think I have activated this UCP ?
What I want is the Registered user to get all the forum's buttons in their browser language (for Reply, New Topic, etc....).
How to adapt/change to the MOD for this request ?

Thks
renefeli

Post by renefeli »

Why my UCP is not displayed ? Users don't have access to this panel, what wrong did I do ?
It seems to be there in the ACP, in the System tab, in Manage Module, but not diplayed.
Which options should I activate in the ACP to get this UCP displayed ?

Thanks.
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
the User Control Panel is the thing where users can set their profile settings, their preferences or manage their PMs and so on.

Perhaps you should set your own language to English. Then you will find it. Perhaps some translations are done a little strange, not word-by-word.

Or look at this board here. You will find the User Control Panel directly under the Board index.

The trick of this MOD is that the languge will be found for guests automatically. And this languge will be used for the account registration for the guests as their default, too.
Only if your are installing new language packs to your board perhaps you want to inform your registered users about the new language pack. So they can change their setting if they want.

Bye Martin
My MODs
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

I think it would be best to read some documentation before installing mods in the wild.
phpBB3 is perfectly capable of multi languages. You have to install the language packs you want to add and activate them trough ACP.

User Control Panel can't be disabled, it is always present on every page just below the header logo. It's the same place where you can read your PM's adjust your signature.

I suggest you use the normal support forum to learn about these things, but most off all read some documentation, look around the software before you go installing mods !
renefeli

Post by renefeli »

Martin Truckenbrodt wrote:Hello,
the User Control Panel is the thing where users can set their profile settings, their preferences or manage their PMs and so on.

Perhaps you should set your own language to English. Then you will find it. Perhaps some translations are done a little strange, not word-by-word.

Or look at this board here. You will find the User Control Panel directly under the Board index.

The trick of this MOD is that the languge will be found for guests automatically. And this languge will be used for the account registration for the guests as their default, too.
Only if your are installing new language packs to your board perhaps you want to inform your registered users about the new language pack. So they can change their setting if they want.

Bye Martin
Hi,

Thanks for your both answers.
I know I'm a beginer, and I try to read what I find about the PhPBB configuration. Sorry for that.

I have already installed the English, Spanish and French language packs. It all works fine, except for buttons' forum. They don't change accordingly to the selected browser language for Registered user as it does for Guests, and I wish I could do that, any idea ? It may be done in another way, I agree, but it is really by the browser detection I'd like to have this MOD also working for the Registered users.

Thanks for your imputs or ideas for coding change ?!

Cheers.
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

The buttons is a different download. Look for the prosilver/subsilver buttons for your language, they are probably also available.

I have dutch/english language packs and i also have the dutch and english buttons. But you have to install the buttons seprately, they don't come standard with the language packs because the buttons are located in the styles folder.This mod can't create buttons that are not available on your site.

If you have uploaded the buttons for the diferent language but you can't get them to work, open a support topic in the correct part of this forum. This topic is for the mod Martin made and support only for that.
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello renefeli,
here's the code for you: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/cgi/ ... f=25&t=232

Bye Martin
My MODs

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”