tabulated survey at topic head

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
pinoDD

Re: tabulated survey at topic head

Post by pinoDD »

of course I navigated to www.[my address]/install_survey.php and all was right (apparently), in fact if I came back to it shows me the unisntall option only .

Anyway I Installed the mod by hand cause my automod (1.0.0-rc3) doesnt work with "tabulated survey..."

What doesnt work? I can't see any button or link, to survey.
indeed I cant see any "advanced permissions" at forum permissions too in ACP's permissions of the forums.

I have installed a fresh last version o f phpBB3 , the last version of automod, and last version of your nice mod.
Something must be gone wrong... Now I'm tired. Tomorrow I'll try again from the start.

Only one thing: where evil is this advanced permission??

Tx, have a nice day.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Are you saying that if you go to grant forum permssions for a user or a group, there is no 'survey' tab?
pinoDD

Post by pinoDD »

yes

edited:
It seems being a problem related to automod
After I installed another new fresh copy of phbBB3 and a new automod, I tried to install a diferent MOD : "ACP Add User MOD"
all seems fine... the .zip file is unzipped correctly and a copy of the files is uploaded in store/mods/
unfortunately when I call "install" from the ACP autoMOD panel I obtein this

Code: Select all

AutoMOD Configuration
One or more install actions failed. Please review the actions below, make any adjustments and retry. You may continue with the installation even though some of the actions failed. This is not recommended and may cause your board to not function correctly.
New Files
SOURCE	TARGET	STATUS
root/adm/style/acp_add_user.html	adm/style/acp_add_user.html	Error
root/includes/acp/info/acp_add_user.php	includes/acp/info/acp_add_user.php	Error
root/includes/acp/acp_add_user.php	includes/acp/acp_add_user.php	Error
root/language/en/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php	language/en/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php	Error
"ACP Add User MOD" is a "simple" mod, it doesnt require find, replace, add... just a copy of files into correct directories. No copy is done at all.
The same problem, of course, affetcts your mod and, I suspect, other ones.
To be sure, I changed writing permissions of all my phpbb directories and files to writable, but... nothing to do.

When I try to install (with autoMOD) your mod automod says:

New Files
SOURCE	TARGET	STATUS
root/*.*	*.*	Success
File edits
posting.php

Find
// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
Add After
// start mod tabulated survey at topic
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_survey.' . $phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/constants_survey.' . $phpEx);
// end mod tabulated survey at topic head
Success
But these successes are not true ones! No file is copied correctly, no file is altered correctly.
So, sorry for my long explaining: this is not a problem of yours. Anyway I cant be able to solve it. :(

PS: you, or I, can delete this message, if you want to dont mess your board.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

pinoDD wrote:It seems being a problem related to automod...
Thanks for letting me know. There is another topic for problems with automod that you can ask questions in. But I thought that you also tried installing this manually? You should be able to get it to work manually (but it is MUCH easier to do with automod once you have automod working and automod won't make the same mistakes we all make.)
pinoDD

Post by pinoDD »

Hello, asinshesq

I manually installed your mod. It works. I would ask if it's possible to see the total answears and name of responders after only one has voted-answered.
Tx.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

pinoDD wrote:...I would ask if it's possible to see the total answears and name of responders after only one has voted-answered.
Yes, that's possible if you know your way around php, but since I don't need that functionality for my board I don't plan to code it myself. The mod does allow you to hide the answers from anyone other than the poster and people with special permission, so you could run the survey with the answers hidden and then when you are done you (as the poster) could edit your post to unhide the answers.
vasilt

Post by vasilt »

Hello,
Great MOD. I made it work on my local server though. I tried the AutoMOD with the remote server but it didn't work, the files were not changed. Anyways, I manually edited them and I edited the permissions for the survey. Unfortunately, when I start a new topic, the design tab doesn't show up. I have no clue why. Any help would be appreciated. Tnx.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

vasilt wrote:Hello,
Great MOD. I made it work on my local server though. I tried the AutoMOD with the remote server but it didn't work, the files were not changed. Anyways, I manually edited them and I edited the permissions for the survey. Unfortunately, when I start a new topic, the design tab doesn't show up. I have no clue why. Any help would be appreciated. Tnx.
It would be worth your time to get automod working on your setup (since otherwise you may wastea a lot fo time correcting small errors that we all make when we try to install long mods by hand).

What do you mean when you say you edited the permissions for the survey? Are you 100% sure that you granted yourself permission in the forum in question to design surveys? (One thing people sometimes get wrong is to fail to grant permissions in the category under which the forum appears.)

Try this:

- go to acp->permissions->permission masks->view forum based permissions

- select a forum that you think you granted yourself permissions for

- look up yourself as a user and click 'view permissions' (this is not the same as looking at a group)

- click the surveys tab and then click the odd circle with an arrow icon that appears to the left of 'can design surveys in posts'

At the bottom, does the trace result say yes?
vasilt

Post by vasilt »

Thank you asinshesq,
I figured it out. In case, somebody else forgets, after installation it is necessary to refresh the styles.
By the way, is there a tool or sql queries to analyze the results of the survey?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

vasilt wrote:Thank you asinshesq,
I figured it out. In case, somebody else forgets, after installation it is necessary to refresh the styles.
By the way, is there a tool or sql queries to analyze the results of the survey?
Ah, of course. The old refresh trick ;)
I don't generally tell people to do that anymore because the umil installer does that automatically when you run the script, but maybe you changed or uploaded the changed template files after you ran the install_survey.php script and that would explain it.

Not sure what kind of result analysis you are wondering about. If you just mean tabulating the numbers in a numerical survey or tabulating the number of respondents who gave a particular answer, the survey design feature gives you that ability. But that's not very sophisticated so if you need something more complex you would have to write it yourself. If you know your way around mysql it wouldn't be too hard to run particular queries on particular survey results.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

As a result of one of the upgrades, I see that my save full drafts mod no longer works properly with surveys (it allows you to save surveys as drafts but when you then submit them live the survey disappears). Here's the fix (which you can make regardless of whether you use my save full drafts mod):

OPEN
includes/functions_posting.php

FIND
		insert_or_update_survey($survey_data, $data['topic_id'], $current_time);

REPLACE WITH
		insert_or_update_survey($survey_data, $data['topic_id'], $current_time, $post_mode);

OPEN
includes/functions_survey.php

FIND
function insert_or_update_survey($survey_data, $topic_id, $current_time)

REPLACE WITH
function insert_or_update_survey($survey_data, $topic_id, $current_time, $post_mode)

FIND
		if (empty($survey_data['survey_id']))

REPLACE WITH
		if (empty($survey_data['survey_id']) || $post_mode === 'post')
vasilt

Post by vasilt »

Will it be easy to change the MOD so one user can fill the survey more than once and if so where should I look for. Thanks.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

vasilt wrote:Will it be easy to change the MOD so one user can fill the survey more than once and if so where should I look for. Thanks.
I'm not following you. Please explain more fully what you are trying to do and why. What kind of survey are you trying to run with what kinds of questions and answers and why would you want a user to be able to register more than one response?
vasilt

Post by vasilt »

OK, the survey is intended to gather information from users on a daily (or weekly) basis for air pollution e.g. today JOHN saw air pollution so he fills the survey answering the questions about his experience. In three days the very same JOHN experiences another air pollution so he wants to fill the same survey with the same user name only the date (which might be one of the questions to fill) and his perceptions of the events will be different. So the survey is intended to measure events in the timeline so conclusions can be made based on the aggregate data no matter if it was filled a number of times from one person. Thank you.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

I see. Vasilt, do you know your way around php? Since I don't need that for my board I don't want to code it myself but if you know what you are doing, it wouldn't be that hard and I can point you in the right direction. In fact, an earlier version of the mod used to allow guests to take surveys and as applied to guests it would be the same thing you are talking about: all guests have user_id of -1 and it allowed them to respond over and over. You could etiehr kludge the change to always allow people to fill out a multiple times or you could do something more elegant where the survey designer could decide for each survey whether to allow a user to answer multiple times.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”