tabulated survey at topic head

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Avdon
Name: Danny Alkhaldy

Re: tabulated survey at topic head

Post by Avdon »

First of all thank you for the great mod!
I made arabic translation for my board and arabic buttons for subsilver too. I can post it here later if there is any one interested.
The mod is running fine on my board but today I've noticed that if I fill the field "Number of days to run survey (leave blank for no limit)" with any number, user will not be able to fill out the survey!

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Avdon wrote:...I made arabic translation for my board and arabic buttons for subsilver too. I can post it here later if there is any one interested...
Thanks, it would be great if you could post that so that others can benefit.
The mod is running fine on my board but today I've noticed that if I fill the field "Number of days to run survey (leave blank for no limit)" with any number, user will not be able to fill out the survey!
I can't replicate that problem. Are you using the most recent version of the mod (version 1.0.9) on phpbb3.0.6?

(There was a problem with this feature in earlier versions of the mod but I fixed it in 1.0.9 and it appears to work fine on my board.)

ddaddy

Post by ddaddy »

Thanks for the update. I've finally got round to updating from 1.07 to 1.09 firstly going through 1.08.

I noticed that your 1.09 download doesnt include the amended line to not show inactive users. I had to add the line from the 2nd post in this thread.

Also, going from 1.08 to 1.09 you dont mention changing the version number that the 1.07 to 1.08 upgrade added to the database.

Cheers

Daz

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

ddaddy wrote:...I noticed that your 1.09 download doesnt include the amended line to not show inactive users. I had to add the line from the 2nd post in this thread....
You're right, I forgot to add that. So I am keeping that reference in the second post of this thread to remind people to make that extra change.
ddaddy wrote:...Also, going from 1.08 to 1.09 you dont mention changing the version number that the 1.07 to 1.08 upgrade added to the database.
I forgot to mention that when you are done with doing an upgrade you need to go to [your_address]/install_survey.php when you are done and umil should give you the option to upgrade to the new version (in the case of an upgrade from 1.0.8 to 1.0.9 that does nothing other than to increment that version number and so it's no big deal if you don't do it). Make sure that you don't click the uninstall option, though, since that would drop all the old surveys you have on your board ;)

Thanks for the input.

Avdon

Post by Avdon »

asinshesq wrote:
Avdon wrote:...I made arabic translation for my board and arabic buttons for subsilver too. I can post it here later if there is any one interested...
Thanks, it would be great if you could post that so that others can benefit.
I can't replicate that problem. Are you using the most recent version of the mod (version 1.0.9) on phpbb3.0.6?

(There was a problem with this feature in earlier versions of the mod but I fixed it in 1.0.9 and it appears to work fine on my board.)
Yes, you are right, I was using 1.0.8 and now with 1.0.9 there is no problems.

Arabic:

Included files:
root/language/ar/acp
permissions_survey.php
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
root/language/ar/mods
survey.php
(8.98 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
root/styles/subsilver2/imageset/ar
button_survey_fillout.gif
button_survey_fillout.gif (2.49 KiB) Viewed 559 times
button_survey_changeanswers.gif
button_survey_changeanswers.gif (3.14 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Files to edit:
Open: language/ar/acp/styles.php
Find

Code: Select all

'IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY'	=> 'الرد على الموضوع',
Add after

// start mod tabulated survey at topic head
	'IMG_BUTTON_SURVEY_FILLOUT'			=> 'ملئ الاستبيان',
	'IMG_BUTTON_SURVEY_CHANGEANSWERS'	=> 'غيّر إجاباتك',
	// end mod tabulated survey at topic head
Open: language/ar/common.php
Find

'VIEW_TOPIC_STICKY'	=> 'مثبت: ',
Add after

// start mod tabulated survey at topic head
	'VIEW_TOPIC_SURVEY'			=> 'استبيان: ',
	// end mod tabulated survey at topic head
Open: styles/subsilver2/imageset/ar/imageset.cfg
Find

img_button_topic_reply = button_topic_reply.gif
Add after

/* start mod tabulated survey at topic head */
img_button_survey_fillout = button_survey_fillout.gif
img_button_survey_changeanswers = button_survey_changeanswers.gif
/* end mod tabulated survey at topic head */

Avdon

Post by Avdon »

I don't know if you want to release a new version of the mod, some changes and maybe new features?

On my board I want to allow guests to fill out the survey, but now when creating a survey group "guests" will not be an available option like the other groups are showen under "Select the groups that will be allowed to answer this survey "

And I'm thinking about a very important and useful feature:
To make a connection with some basic users info, like: gender, age...etc
So if the results now could tell something like 57 users chose "yes", with this feature the results will also be able to tell some advanced info like: 35% of users who chose "yes" are females.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Avdon wrote:On my board I want to allow guests to fill out the survey, but now when creating a survey group "guests" will not be an available option like the other groups are showen under "Select the groups that will be allowed to answer this survey "
I don't think it would work sensibly to allow guests to answer surveys. Guests are all the same, so how would the software be able to distinguish between one guest answering many times and another guest answering only once?
And I'm thinking about a very important and useful feature:
To make a connection with some basic users info, like: gender, age...etc
So if the results now could tell something like 57 users chose "yes", with this feature the results will also be able to tell some advanced info like: 35% of users who chose "yes" are females.
I'm not sure how you would figure out what to display in each case. In any event, I don't plan to write another version that would do what you suggest. Sorry.

Thanks for the translation, by the way.

awm34

Post by awm34 »

I just Installed 1.0.9 atop 3.0.7-PL1 and while it appeared to be successful, it doesn't appear on the .MODS tab nor does a Survey tab appear alongside Poll Creation.

I've double checked the edited files and the included files and all seems ok with the following exceptions:

1. The install.txt lists an install_permissions.php file that is not present in the mod package.
2. It also lists viewforum_body.html as a file to be edited but no change is included.
3. As I'm using en-us language I applied all the language changes to both en and en-us.

The install_survey.php process indicated success. Upon re-executing it the only available choice is Uninstall.

I could really use some help here!

Thanks in advance.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

awm34 wrote:I just Installed 1.0.9 atop 3.0.7-PL1 and while it appeared to be successful, it doesn't appear on the .MODS tab nor does a Survey tab appear alongside Poll Creation.
Did you give yourself permission to design surveys? In a given forum, only people or groups who have been granted permission to design surveys will see the survey tab. (And there is no tab in the ACP so it''s correct that you do not see any there.)

awm34

Post by awm34 »

I followed the directions you provided in a reply to an earlier post but could find no permissions relating to your mod. I'm marked as having "Full Access" to all forums and the dropdowns do not mention surveys.

Cheers,
(Another) Alan

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

awm34 wrote:I followed the directions you provided in a reply to an earlier post but could find no permissions relating to your mod. I'm marked as having "Full Access" to all forums and the dropdowns do not mention surveys.
'Full access' has nothng to do with it since that is a 'role' that is defined however you happen to define it (though you can certainly change the full access role to include this).

If you go to permissions for a forum and then click advanced permissions, do you see a tab called survey which allows you to set permissions for this mod?

And again, if you prefer to add survey permissions to 'full access' role so that you don't have to do this on a forum by forum basis, you can do that. Just go to permissions in the acp, then click the 'forum roles' link that appears at the left, then click the icon for editing 'full access', and then scroll down to the bottom, click the survey tab and set survey permissions however you want for full access.

awm34

Post by awm34 »

Aha! Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to design my survey.

The other Alan

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

awm34 wrote:The other Alan
At least you spell it the right way ;)

pinoDD

Post by pinoDD »

I just dowloaded tabulatated.... 1.0.9 and tried to install in phpBB3 v.3-0.7 PL1 but...

the file install.txt says :
Included Files: survey.php
## includes/constants_survey.php
## includes/functions_survey.php
## install/install_permissions.php

this last file (install_permissions.php) lacks!
instead I saw at root level there is a "install_survey.php" file so... what?

However I installed what I found in 1.0.9 and... It doesnt work.
Is me too much stupid, or something is wrong in this last version?

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

1.0.9 works fine with phpbb3.0.7-PL1. I suggest you install with automod so you don't make a mistake.

The install.txt file is in an extra file I include in the contrib folder and is not formally part of the mod - the actual mod is in install.xml (located in the top folder of the download) - but I don't think there are any mistakes in install.txt other than the list of included files that I have not kept up to date.

What does 'it doesn't work' mean? Did you ever run www.[your_address]/install_survey.php?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”