NV advanced last topic titles

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Re: last post topic title

Post by nickvergessen »

styles/black_pearl/template/forumlist_body.html
find:

Code: Select all

<th>&nbsp;{L_LAST_POST}&nbsp;</th>
replace with:

<th width="175">&nbsp;{L_LAST_POST}&nbsp;</th>
find:

<!-- IF forumrow.LAST_POST_TIME --><dfn>{L_LAST_POST}</dfn>  <!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_LINK_NAME_SHORT --><a <!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_BOLD or forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ITALIC or forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ADV -->style="<!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_BOLD -->font-weight: bold;<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ITALIC -->font-style: italic;<!-- ENDIF --> <!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ADV -->{forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ADV2}<!-- ENDIF -->"<!-- ENDIF --> href="{forumrow.U_ALTT_LINK}" title="{forumrow.ALTT_LINK_NAME}">{forumrow.ALTT_LINK_NAME_SHORT}</a><br /><!-- ENDIF -->
replace with:

<!-- IF forumrow.LAST_POST_TIME --><!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_LINK_NAME_SHORT --><p class="topicdetails"><a <!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_BOLD or forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ITALIC or forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ADV -->style="<!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_BOLD -->font-weight: bold;<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ITALIC -->font-style: italic;<!-- ENDIF --> <!-- IF forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ADV -->{forumrow.ALTT_STYLE_ADV2}<!-- ENDIF -->"<!-- ENDIF --> href="{forumrow.U_ALTT_LINK}" title="{forumrow.ALTT_LINK_NAME}">{forumrow.ALTT_LINK_NAME_SHORT}</a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
No Support via PM
flexsingh

Post by flexsingh »

Hi mate,

thanks for that, it's improved the alignment, but it still isn't perfect. Is there a way to do this?

What I notice is for example in the 3rd forum, 'Diet and Nutrition' I've specified for the mod the length of title to be 20 characters, yet its displaying more then 20 'Homemade Egg Substitute'

Thank you for showing me how to remove the 'last post' wording...
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

flexsingh wrote:Hi mate,

thanks for that, it's improved the alignment, but it still isn't perfect. Is there a way to do this?

What I notice is for example in the 3rd forum, 'Diet and Nutrition' I've specified for the mod the length of title to be 20 characters, yet its displaying more then 20 'Homemade Egg Substitute'

Thank you for showing me how to remove the 'last post' wording...
you just got exactly the boarder. I added 3 characters as oversize limit. so 23 will display and 24 will be cut down to 20 and ...
No Support via PM
flexsingh

Post by flexsingh »

I made some changes to the title headings, and the colums still display out of alignment...It's not a major issue, but is there a fix for this?

Thanks
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/a4124373/public_html/includes/functions_display.php on line 101

Any fix or what did i do wrong? I don't think i did because i followed what it told me to copy + paste correctly. Im pretty sure of it.

I keep on fixing the errors, as they come but they seem to never stop, so if someone has a working functions_display.php with only this mod added to it can they be so kind to give it to me? Id be forever greatful, thanks.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

could you just view your includes/functions_display.php
No Support via PM
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

I did, i used programmers notepad to find the errors at their lines, but every error i fixed it practically made new ones :(.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

I mean you should post it :|
No Support via PM
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

Oh dammit, i removed it otherwise noone could access my board, so i uploaded a fresh functions_display.php :(. That's why i asked for a fresh one with the modifications for this mod. If you have it id love you so much :lol: .
Reiciel

Post by Reiciel »

Hello,

if I'd like to show last topics from just a few forums (not all of them) what should I do?

Thanks
brih

Post by brih »

Hi - this is a great little mod and it was easy to install. I've got it working with the subsilver2 and prosilver themes, but it doesn't work with the Serenity theme. Any tips?

I'm unable to link to the forum as it's currently only on a test server that isn't visible outside of my network, but I hope you are able to help me anyway. Thanks!
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

subsiolver2.xml should work for that style
No Support via PM
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

Nick, or anyone do you have a working functions_display.php? Thanks.
sunnylikbeckham

Post by sunnylikbeckham »

i did everything
edited files
template
and installed
cleared cache as well

but nothing happend
Anubis_The_Jackal

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal »

Mod works great! Absolutely a wonderful addition :)
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”