Multi-Race Rank Themes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Dragonwolf

Re: MultRace Rank Themes

Post by Dragonwolf »

This seems like a great mod, but is there any way to have the discription of Rank themes above the drop down box in the user control panel and the registration form, without the links to the list of ranks? I think most people would asume the button on the control panel is to let you chose your theme, when it isn't.
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Does anyone know if I could make one by putting some code over the stuff in the styles edits to link to the mod's text discription?
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Can anyone help? The discription doesn't do much good in the header, and everyone will think it's broken..
Greylock3491

Post by Greylock3491 »

First I would like to say this is a very cool mod - thanks and appreciation to the author! :)
BarryARob wrote:can someone please look at this code it seams like it is wrong

Code: Select all

<dl>
		<dt><label for="rank_theme">{L_RANK_THEME}:</label></dt>
		<dd><select name="rank_theme" id="rank_theme" onchange="if (this.selectedIndex > 0) { dE('posts', 1) } else { dE('posts', -1) }">{S_RANK_THEME_LIST}</select></dd>
	<dl>

shouldnt the last <dl> be like this </dl> ?
Yes - I just ran into that too - took awhile to find out why the "add rank" acp looked weird.

I also made the following change to make each rank in the "rank themes listing" bigger:

Open \styles\prosilver\template\memberlist_ranks.html

find

<li><a href="{rankset.RANKSET_URL}">{rankset.RANKSET_NAME}</a></li>
replace with

<li><a href="{rankset.RANKSET_URL}"><h4>{rankset.RANKSET_NAME}</h4><br /></a></li>
Last edited by Greylock3491 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarryARob

Post by BarryARob »

yeah I have had problems and have not had the pleasure of acually seeing this mod in action and I cant figure out why I have the author trying to help me in his spare time but it is going abit slow
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Does anyone know how I could just make a text box? Would

{RANKTHEME_TEXT}
Do it?
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Hold on, no, what about this?

<tr>
<td class="row2"><b class="genmed">{L_RANKTHEME_TEXT}</b></td>
</tr>
or

<tr>
<td class="row2">
			<p class="postbody">{L_RANKTHEME_TEXT}</p>
</td>
</tr>
Last edited by Dragonwolf on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

I've got a {RANKTHEME_TEXT} on my registration form in the right place, do I have to add code to includes/ucp/ucp_register.php as well? :?
Neu71

Post by Neu71 »

Hi.
Is it possible to see the ranks of the private messages?
I can only see the user's default rank.

Thanks
BarryARob

Post by BarryARob »

I am still having problems with this mod I have reinstalled it again and again hoping it was just me missing something but In all the reinstalls I get the exact same problem!!!!@@@@##@@!!!!
The problem I am having for those who wish to try and help me out here is that I can create new themes but I can no longer use ranks at all even the ones I already had not sure why though any help would be appreciated
IBBoard

Post by IBBoard »

Holy hell, what is it with phpBB and me not getting the notifications of new posts? Sorry to everyone from about December onwards - I didn't purposefully ignore you, I just thought no-one was interested in my mods because I wasn't getting notifications.

JeRicHoOL: I'll see what I can do about the feature, but I've got a couple of other projects on at the moment. It'd need a bit of a restructure to make it assign rank themes to forums instead of people. It may be as well getting someone else to make an add-on mod (or a completely new mod).

Anti-Clovis: Did you get it fixed in the end? From those screenshots I'd say that the most likely cause is that the code changes in the viewtopic.php file.

EpsilonX5: Glad you got it sorted. When I said about not being able to edit the default and special themes it wasn't "how did you get the edit form?", because I assumed it'd be URL hacking, it was more "you're not supposed to be able to edit them", which is why it errored :)

robtotmedia: Thanks for using the mod. I'm glad you got the issues sorted :)

Anyasha and MasterZ: It sounds like the same problem as EpsilonX5. Unless one of my instructions isn't in quite the right place now because of a later change (which it should all still be okay because I've patched my forums up to date without problem) it seems like you're missing some instructions. If you are still having problems then uploading the viewtopic.php file so I can review it might help.

banning: That shouldn't be anything to do with my mod. It could be a collision with another mod, but using 8MB of memory is out of scope for the mod unless you've got thousands upon thousands of themes and ranks.

Moddi: As someone pointed out later, you needed to run those queries to add the tables that it uses for the data. phpBB and the mods are server agnostic, so all we supply is the queries and you have to run them however you run queries on your server. For most people it will be through phpMyAdmin or something similar, but you can also run them from the command line and a number of other ways depending on what is on your web server.

AnotherWeird0: The mod was validated against v3.0.1 and I've got it installed on a fully patched 3.0.4 forum. Given some of the problems that people have been having then I'll try to look at the instructions tomorrow and see if phpBB has updated something that means one of my modifications is now in the wrong place. I don't remember any patch failures that were relevant to this mod, but it may have changed something.

kamulweb: Yes, it is possible for admin's to have other ranks. Check the "Special and normal ranks" mod and make sure that you install the extras that merge the two mods.

BarryARob: As I said in the first paragraph, I'm incredibly sorry for the lack of response. I didn't get any notification from phpBB about posts to the topic so I assumed people weren't using the mod or didn't need help.

As per my answer to Moddi, it looks like you've not run the queries at the start of the instructions. I don't know what you've got installed on your server and how you manage your databases, so I don't know exactly how you'd run queries on your server.

I don't know what problem you're having with the submit/reset buttons. If you give me more details I might be able to work out what's wrong.

In terms of the templates, if you don't want to include part of the HTML then don't make the changes. It make leave the mod usable, but it might break important functionality and not let you see things. Support is based on the assumption that you've got a fully installed mod.

Greylock appears to have mentioned the fix to the HTML. I'll check it and fix it, but it got past the approval process!

Dragonwolf: I'll re-read what you posted tomorrow and see what I can do. I did think that the rank details page could possibly do with a bit more information.

Neu71: The user's rank theme should be visible everywhere that the rank is shown - topics, members list, profile page and personal messages. Please check that you've modified the template and the code and that the templates have been refreshed.
IBBoard

Post by IBBoard »

I've just looked at the viewtopic.php changes and I can't see how it isn't working for some people. There is one change in that file, which passes the user's rank theme to the "get_user_rank" method. The method is called on the results of a query that does "u.*" (all fields from the user table), so the rank theme will be available.

If someone who is having problems with ranks not showing in the topic view could post a copy of their viewtopic.php file it might help.

I'm submitting an update now to fix the HTML in the ACP.

[edit] I've had one thought with regards the viewtopic.php pages that aren't working: Have people actually changed the correct line?

The block of code that the change is within makes two calls to the get_user_rank method, one for the anonymous account and one for a user account. The line to find matches the user account, but if you've looked for the method and not checked the entire line then you'd get the behaviour that you've seen.
BarryARob

Post by BarryARob »

IBBoard wrote:BarryARob: As I said in the first paragraph, I'm incredibly sorry for the lack of response. I didn't get any notification from phpBB about posts to the topic so I assumed people weren't using the mod or didn't need help.

As per my answer to Moddi, it looks like you've not run the queries at the start of the instructions. I don't know what you've got installed on your server and how you manage your databases, so I don't know exactly how you'd run queries on your server.
I don't know what problem you're having with the submit/reset buttons. If you give me more details I might be able to work out what's wrong
well the problem was the size and the did not do anything the submit and reset button I am refering to is the one for the rank page not the theme they work fine but the ranks ones dont.
IBBoard

Post by IBBoard »

But what does "don't work" mean: Do they not submit the page? Do they submit the page and get an error? Do they submit a page and not change the values? Are you creating new ranks or editing old ranks?

"don't work" is very vague and I need details to know what the problem might be. If they're not the right size then it almost sounds as if the HTML isn't correct and they're not being treated as form buttons or something. Make sure that you edited adm/style/acp_ranks.html correctly and didn't break the page. Most of the rank editing form should be the same as before, so the buttons should still work. The new part is the main "rank themes" sections.
Last edited by IBBoard on Sun May 10, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarryARob

Post by BarryARob »

IBBoard wrote:But what does "don't work" mean: Do they not submit the page? Do they submit the page and get an error? Do they submit a page and not change the values? Are you creating new ranks or editing old ranks?

Ok I can see where I went wrong with my discription to put it simply it does nothing at all I dont get an error the page will flicker like it is doing something at first but does nothing at all not too sure what the problem is

Like I said I can create themes but not ranks ranks has stopped doing anything at all
"don't work" is very vague and I need details to know what the problem might be. If they're not the right size then it almost sounds as if the HTML isn't correct and they're not being treated as form buttons or something. Make sure that you
I Dont understand Make sure that you? what was you going to say?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”