th23 Domain

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
th23

Re: th23 Domain

Post by th23 »

geeklife wrote:I'll send you a PM with the domain information. Thanks.
Okay, this should work... have you cleared all the cookies in your browser?
Life is what happens...while you're busy making other plans!
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

th23 wrote:Okay, this should work... have you cleared all the cookies in your browser?
Yes, did that. Did not work.

However, on domain B (you know which one that is), how should I set up the information under Domain settings. That might be the problem.

Or, in the server settings for domain b, should that be listed as domain a.... or b?

Also, on cookie settings, should that be listed as domain A informtion or B?

Currently Domain B information has Domain A info in it.
th23

Post by th23 »

Hi geeklife,

please edit the settings in "includes/th23_domain.php" as follows, clear all existing cookies and give it another try:

Code: Select all

/*
* Define cookie domains
* Note: Domains have to be entered without leading "." or "www."
*/
$th23_cookie_ary = array(
   'asncoaches.com/community',
   'allsportsnetwork.net/community',
);

/*
* define site domains -> sitename / cookie domain
*/
$th23_site_ary = array(
   'asncoaches.com' => array(
      'sitename' => 'Sitename 1',
      'cookie' => '.asncoaches.com',
   ),
   'www.asncoaches.com' => array(
      'sitename' => 'Sitename 1',
      'cookie' => '.asncoaches.com',
   ),
   'allsportsnetwork.net' => array(
      'sitename' => 'Sitename 2',
      'cookie' => '.allsportsnetwork.net',
   ),
   'www.allsportsnetwork.net' => array(
      'sitename' => 'Sitename 2',
      'cookie' => '.allsportsnetwork.net',
   ),
);
Hope that works :)
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

Well, I made the updates and it still does not work. I'm clueless as to what could be wrong. I logged into Doman B first, where the this mod is installed on. Then I pull up Domain A and it does not log me in.

Now, on Domain B, in the board settings, etc... everything has Domain A information in it.

Could this be the issue? I just don't know anymore.
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

I had the same problem, geeklife, and i totally forgot what I did to fix it :roll:

Check the cookie settings on each domain. Basically i have two forums setup, tucson drivers and sportage drivers -- at one point all the SITE_NAME variables got mixed up so when you logged onto TD.com, you got SD.com and vice versa. Again, check the cookie settings in your ACP -- make a small change in the settings just to see if a fresh-start will help. I think that's what helped me...
http://tucsondrivers.com -- Hyundai Tucson Forum & Community
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

tucsondrivers wrote:I had the same problem, geeklife, and i totally forgot what I did to fix it :roll:

Check the cookie settings on each domain. Basically i have two forums setup, tucson drivers and sportage drivers -- at one point all the SITE_NAME variables got mixed up so when you logged onto TD.com, you got SD.com and vice versa. Again, check the cookie settings in your ACP -- make a small change in the settings just to see if a fresh-start will help. I think that's what helped me...
I changed the cookies settings on Domain B to reflect Domain B and it didn't help. Site_Name.. I have them the same across both boards, could this be the issue? Do I need to have a different site name under board settings?
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

I did things a little differently...I have my main domain, TD.com, and my piggybacking domain (SD.com)

I only installed this mod on SD.com -- and configured it that way. It worked, users can login on both websites simultaneously. I also use two seperate themes across the two domains so while they look like different websites, they run off the same databases.

The cookie settings are both the same on the two domains. I also have MultiLogin status as Preselcted.
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

tucsondrivers wrote:I did things a little differently...I have my main domain, TD.com, and my piggybacking domain (SD.com)

I only installed this mod on SD.com -- and configured it that way. It worked, users can login on both websites simultaneously. I also use two seperate themes across the two domains so while they look like different websites, they run off the same databases.

The cookie settings are both the same on the two domains. I also have MultiLogin status as Preselcted.
Right on! Thank you Tuscon! I had to reset my Domain B cookie to be the same as Domain A and kabamm, I am able to log in on both sites. Whew... finally. Thank you for the help and everyone else who contributed to helping get this fixed. Much appreciated.
th23

Post by th23 »

geeklife wrote:...finally. Thank you for the help and everyone else who contributed to helping get this fixed. Much appreciated.
Great to hear the two of you sorted it out...couldn't respond the last couple of days, as I was on a business trip :)
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

no worries :D

question though -- will this work on multiple domains (ie. 3 or 4) or just two? I'm assuming it can work on more than one but I'm just checking.

Also, I'm thinking of re-installing the mod because I cannot select a list of domains anywhere. Right now it's working --and I'm grateful for that -- but definitely not working like it was designed to :D I think I did a half-assed installation, and while it works -- I wanna make sure it works properly. (e.g. right now it doesnt give the user the option to login on both websites or not, and I cannot select which domains I want to add.) These are probably merely skipped-template-changes so they do not appear. Internally, everything is working as it should.
th23

Post by th23 »

tucsondrivers wrote:...will this work on multiple domains (ie. 3 or 4) or just two?
Yes, definitely...have a look at my homepage to check the function across multiple domains (http://www.th23.net will show you some domains).

For the functionality...in case you have not included (some) template changes, the functionality is limited as the users can not choose :| Thats right ;)
XToF.be

Post by XToF.be »

Will this MOD work with the SEO MOD of Handyman?
th23

Post by th23 »

XToF.be wrote:Will this MOD work with the SEO MOD of Handyman?
Can't tell you definitely as I have not tested it, but as long as this MOD does not touch the domain settings and the variables are presented to the script as the base phpBB will do, I would say its unlikely.
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

hi th,

i have finally made ALL the changes to the mod, as I figured I might as well do it right :D

I still am having a problem with my secondary website. my original one (TD.com) is saving cookies fine, however, my secondary (SD.com) requires that users login every time they visit.

Any ideas? :cry:
The cookie settings are the same in both ACP's, I will try making them different but last time I did that it didn't work.
Christophe88

Post by Christophe88 »

th23 wrote:Yes, possible...it could be extended to get set the default style individually - users still might have the choice to change according to permissions.

I'll put that on the wish list for the next release...
Dear th23 ! :D

When do you think to have finish the next release ?

Best regards !
Christophe

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”