Forum prune move

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
wingnut144

Re: Forum prune move

Post by wingnut144 »

Ok, I was getting ready to install this on a brand new phpBB 3.0.3 install, and was trying to modify the file:

includes/acp/acp_forums.php

Code: Select all

'forum_password_unset'	=> request_var('forum_password_unset', false),
					);
But there isn't anything in my acp_forums.php file.

The entire file is:

<?php
/**
* @package acp
* @version $Id: acp_forums.php 8479 2008-03-29 00:22:48Z naderman $
* @copyright (c) 2005 phpBB Group
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

/**
* @package module_install
*/
class acp_forums_info
{
	function module()
	{
		return array(
			'filename'	=> 'acp_forums',
			'title'		=> 'ACP_FORUM_MANAGEMENT',
			'version'	=> '1.0.0',
			'modes'		=> array(
				'manage'	=> array('title' => 'ACP_MANAGE_FORUMS', 'auth' => 'acl_a_forum', 'cat' => array('ACP_MANAGE_FORUMS')),
			),
		);
	}

function install()
	{
	}

function uninstall()
	{
	}
}

?>
arukAdo

Post by arukAdo »

I tryed to look close at the code, from what i can understand.... its impossible this work when you call manually purge in acp "purge forums", unless im blind or fool
Thus
You realy should specify, with <strong>, that it will not work on manual purge, but only on a auto purge, witch take at the very least, 24 hours, unless you can set your local time (its not always possible....)

It took me a while to figure why it didnt work... but actually it does... just i tough it work for manual prune

After thinking twice, doesnt make sence to move prune on manual prune
... because if you want to do that... i guess by mcp and sorting by time .... its the same result

The idea of the mod is to move topics automaticly instead of automaticly deleting them, this is why, move_topics is never called, from within acp... i guess... coz your suppose to use that manualy, and purging manualy mean manual delete, not move, obviously
The point is to let the forum do it by himself, if you use a high value in post age, then i guess you can use a low value in the event timespan, well that what i do (only purge 2 years + old topics but check every 7 days, and put them into archive forum, very neat)

This is very subtile, and i would stick it red in mod description, or at the very least, in the language file edit, since you may foolish try the feature and break your forum (i did, tough i was smart enough to backup before), at least if its in capital you try to think twice to what your doing

Beside this, great mod, like always, work well on 3.0.4 for me

wingnut: you didnt searched very far.... but effectively your syntax is incorrect, on spaces, for myself, i used the patter from the install file just fine, something modified it for you... i dont think so... anyway... the file you show in your post code is a install.php or whatever, but its not /includes/acp/acp_forums.php

search:

request_var('forum_password_unset', false),
this part is unique, maybe you have another mod, then remove the last ","

edit: the file you show is /includes/acp/info/acp_forums.php :roll:
nvm the search tip, just open the correct file first
matt1206
Name: Matt Worthington

Post by matt1206 »

Mod installed, just need to wait for it to run and see if it works.
madtay

Post by madtay »

Can anyone confirm if this work with 3.0.4?

matt1206
Name: Matt Worthington

Post by matt1206 »

madtay wrote:Can anyone confirm if this work with 3.0.4?

I'm running this on 3.0.4 with no problems
madtay

Post by madtay »

Thanks i will give it a try then :)
BlackGoku

Post by BlackGoku »

Hey Evil,

first of all, i'd like to thank you for your great Mod, it really worked fine..
Till i moved my board to a new Server. I copied everything 1on1 to the new server
and just configured the config.php and the phpbb_config in the database.
So everything should run as normal. But i get an error, if i click on "Foren" (i don't remember the english
synonym for that sry ^^") Image

The Error-Message is:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_forums.php on line 1933: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array
That line is the )); of

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'PRUNE_MOVE'			=> 'Move pruned forums',
	'PRUNE_MOVE_EXPLAIN'		=> 'If you select a forum from the list below, topics will be moved to that forum instead of deleted.',
));
Here's the complete file as txt:
acp_forums.txt
(60.72 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
I checked the Board on the old Server, but there's no Problem at all...
I hope you can help me out ^^"

Yours,
BlackGoku
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

That code doesn't go into acp_forums.php, it goes into the language file. :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
BlackGoku

Post by BlackGoku »

I really can't understand how this works on my old server.. That code is at the exact same place in the same file, but everything works fine there...

Deleted the code from the acp_forums and it works now..

Thanks for helping me out :oops:
demonicpagan

Post by demonicpagan »

Trying to get this installed on 3.0.4 and when I go to the Forums > Prune forums and select forum to prune, I don't see the option of moving. I had purged the ACP cache and nothing changed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with the same outcome. I have no idea where I'm going wrong.
TheLuBu

Post by TheLuBu »

I have translated the Mod into German and would like to give the translations to you. So feel free to Contact me!

TheLuBu
bluelight1

Post by bluelight1 »

When I install tis mod on phpbb3.0.4 i get the following errors when i try to go to the forums page in the ACP.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
bluelight1

Post by bluelight1 »

Does anyone know how to fix this?
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Save your files with UTF-8 encoding without a BOM. You can set this in the editor settings. If you can't, use an editor such as notepad++ or pspad. They will let you do this. :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
bluelight1

Post by bluelight1 »

*Edit*

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”