Mini Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
HausAmSee

Re: Mini Quick Reply

Post by HausAmSee » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:40 am

HausAmSee wrote:Does anyone else here have the problem that sometimes it is making more than just one time the same answer in the topci where you posted with QR?
Anything new?

peleyer

Post by peleyer » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:33 pm

Spider M. Mann wrote:
DaannO wrote:Does anyone know how to set the text area to 100% width instead of 85% for the mini quick reply only?
In order to set the set the text area width and get it centered, do the following:

Open: styles/prosilver/template/posting_qr_body.html
Find

Code: Select all

<div id="message-box">
Replace with

<div id="message-box-qr">
Open: styles/prosilver/theme/forms.css
Find

End of file
Add Before

/* Quick Reply Field Styles
----------------------------------------*/
#message-box-qr {
    width: 99%; /* set the width of the whole element here */
}

#message-box-qr textarea {
    font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    display: block; /* element will be displayed as a block-level element, with a line break before and after */
    width: 75%; /* set the width of the text box here */
    margin-left: auto; /* sets the left margin automatically */
    margin-right: auto; /* sets the right margin automatically */
    font-size: 1.2em;
    color: #333333;
}

Refresh your Templates and Themes on the styles tab in the ACP and you're all set.

As you can see in the comments in the above code, you can set the width of the textarea to whatever looks good for your particular theme. I have a custom fixed width theme like the one here, and a 75% width looked good to me, but you can adjust it to whatever you prefer.

The 99% width on the message box element keeps the box from running off the edge when the textarea is set to 100%.

I've only tested this on my custom theme, so if there are issues with prosilver, let me know. I'm fairly confident that it should work just fine though.

I hope this helps.

I using prosilver, nothing happens...

Edit: I dont know what happened, but now it works, i left posting_qr_body.html untouched and changed the message-box-qr to message-box only, and that fucked up the non-quick-reply. So i went back to original config of your post, and it worked.

Spider M. Mann

Post by Spider M. Mann » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:07 am

Yeah, that's the CSS that did that. You see, there is already a parameter in the CSS file for "message-box," so I gave the new parameter the name "message-box-qr" for the message box that we want to isolate. Then, in the posting_qr_body.html file, you need to tell it to use the new "message-box-qr" parameter, because that's the only box we want to be affected by the new parameters.

That's why everything else got messed up when you changed "message-box-qr" to "message-box," because all the other message boxes were using the new parameter. I hope that clears it up a bit. You should check out the W3Schools for a good overview of how CSS works - very handy.

Good luck.

marepula

Post by marepula » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:52 pm

how can I put smiles in quick reply???

Spider M. Mann

Post by Spider M. Mann » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:41 pm

marepula wrote:how can I put smiles in quick reply???
You may want to check out Evil Quick Reply, or one of the other quick reply mods to get more additional features. You would need to make some significant changes in order to add smilies, etc. I think this mod is meant to be a stripped-down version, with pretty much just the basic feature set.

Shaolin38

Post by Shaolin38 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:27 am

hi im new to all this forums stuff but i installed the mod in a acidtech green style but now at the top of my forum it comes up with an error

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

can anyone help me please?

bouncybeatz

Post by bouncybeatz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Hey i just installed this mod works good i like it but got a few problems that im not sure how too fix could someone help me please?See image

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 347vu4.jpg

Firstly my quick reply seem,s too be alligned to the right side, some of my bbcodes dont work like mp3 ,gmp3 and spolier2.Im usin phpbb3.0.1 and the TMOL style.

TurboGoKart

Post by TurboGoKart » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:44 am

Spider M. Mann, W3Schools ROCKS!! I love that site!

Is there any kind of n00b section on this site? I want to know how to apply mods to other themes so I don't just have to use the prosilver theme. Using 3.0.1.

Spider M. Mann

Post by Spider M. Mann » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:37 am

TurboGoKart wrote:I want to know how to apply mods to other themes so I don't just have to use the prosilver theme. Using 3.0.1.
Just open the corresponding file in your chosen theme. Most of the time the edits will be the same.

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:38 am

I really like this quick reply mod, simple edits, really a sweet mod.
It must have taken a whole 15 minutes to do, and I don't have to read 25 to 45 pages of of gripes and complaints to figure out how to make it work.
Again, really sweet mod.
The rest of "life" should be so simple
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

TurboGoKart

Post by TurboGoKart » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:09 am

Spider M. Mann wrote:
TurboGoKart wrote:I want to know how to apply mods to other themes so I don't just have to use the prosilver theme. Using 3.0.1.
Just open the corresponding file in your chosen theme. Most of the time the edits will be the same.
Yup, got it figured out! Thanks!

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:13 am

Great MOD, many thanks :D

DanDoughty

Post by DanDoughty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:35 pm

I've followed the instructions but I get this message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Of the 2 rabbits stolen from the pet shop last month... Only 14 have been recovered.

jordanc

Post by jordanc » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:47 am

I can't make mine work. Is it only designed for Prosilver, because I'm trying to use it on BF_Vista.

Can anyone help???.

http://www.sntforums.co.cc

vuongquoc

Post by vuongquoc » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:46 am

This is a really good MOD, i did it just in 3 Min on my other style with no trouble!!!
Thanks for the great MOD!!!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”