Post Count Requirements

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Wyvers

Re: Post Count Requirements

Post by Wyvers »

I get the same exact error as you starwar. I've tried reinstalling the mod from scratch twice and no dice.
rashy

Post by rashy »

Hi SyntheticChaos

First of all let me congratulate you on this awesome mod that i was looking for :D
But there is a slight problem i am facing, i have installed the mod, no bugs, but i can't see the restriction working. When i switch my permission with a user who has just registered or with a user having a less post count then that i have specified for a forum in the ACP, i am still able to access the forum.
Eg:
I have a forum A and have specified the post count as 10.
Now being an Admin i switch the permissions with a user having post count less than 10 and click on forum A, but surprisingly i can easily browse each and every topic in forum A :?

Can you please indicate the error that i might have done :?:

Regards
Rashy
Damien Boyle

Post by Damien Boyle »

Is there anyway to set it so that the member without the Post Count Requirements cant access the topic by using the search?

Because i have some forums set to Post Count Requirement 25 but the members who dont have 25 post can still get into the forum using the search..

Thanks
Damien Boyle

Post by Damien Boyle »

Bump!
alterastro

Post by alterastro »

I get the following error when trying to add a new topic, and a similar one if I try to add to a thread:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'topic_last_poster_name' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_approved, topic_title, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment) VALUES (2, 1218256744, 19, 0, 1, 'test', 'Alterastro', '009AFF', 0, 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1832
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 1037
CALL: submit_post()

I've checked all the code and can't find anything wrong. Please help!

Thanks

Nick
robin926

Post by robin926 »

rashy wrote:Hi SyntheticChaos

First of all let me congratulate you on this awesome mod that i was looking for :D
But there is a slight problem i am facing, i have installed the mod, no bugs, but i can't see the restriction working. When i switch my permission with a user who has just registered or with a user having a less post count then that i have specified for a forum in the ACP, i am still able to access the forum.
Eg:
I have a forum A and have specified the post count as 10.
Now being an Admin i switch the permissions with a user having post count less than 10 and click on forum A, but surprisingly i can easily browse each and every topic in forum A :?

Can you please indicate the error that i might have done :?:

Regards
Rashy
I'm having the same issue.
ETA: It's working now. Not sure what I did though. :lol:
YoungAndFabulous

Post by YoungAndFabulous »

Hi,

I am getting this error after installation and running the SQL query, when I try to add a new forum.
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'forum_postcount_view' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (parent_id, forum_type, forum_status, forum_parents, forum_name, forum_link, forum_desc, forum_desc_uid, forum_desc_options, forum_desc_bitfield, forum_rules, forum_rules_uid, forum_rules_options, forum_rules_bitfield, forum_rules_link, forum_image, forum_style, display_subforum_list, display_on_index, forum_topics_per_page, enable_indexing, enable_icons, enable_prune, prune_days, prune_viewed, prune_freq, forum_postcount_view, forum_postcount_post, forum_flags, left_id, right_id) VALUES (540, 1, 0, '', 'The iWEDDIES', '', 'Come in-- relax, enjoy yourself and nominate the best, brightest, smartest, and nuttiest of iWED', '', 7, '', '', '', 7, '', '', '', 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 7, 7, 1, 0, 0, 32, '102', 103)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/acp/acp_forums.php
LINE: 1039

FILE: includes/acp/acp_forums.php
LINE: 182
CALL: acp_forums->update_forum_data()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_forums->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Can someone please help me with this-- either to fix or to uninstall.

ETA: when I try to view a post in the forum, I get this error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'b.group_bypass_post_req' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT b.group_bypass_post_req AS requirement FROM phpbb_user_group a, phpbb_groups b WHERE user_id = 62 AND a.group_id = b.group_id

BACKTRACE

FILE: viewtopic.php
LINE: 47
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Nice work on this, but it doesn't seem to work when "testing" a user's permissions as an admin.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

If I set a post count requirement to read, guests are still allowed to read. Now I know this sounds stupid, why not alter the permissions for that forum and disable guest access? But just in case someone forgot, or if they are new to phpBB3 and it's huge permissions system, they may get a false sense of privacy. Just a heads up.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil »

You also need to explicitly give the guest group read access to begin with, so I believe it may be assumed that they won't have the permission.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
HolyJoker

Post by HolyJoker »

Hey, I am 13 and I have no idea how to add mods..so i asked a friend to try and add one for me (Post Requirement Mod) and he tried adding it, now every time i try going to Manage Forums i get the following:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)

Link to the mod is: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=937065

Also if it gets hard explaining here can you do it on MSN or AIM? Sorry I am only 13 and I am new to FTP but i have alot of forums EXP.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Those language files have to be saved with encoding UTF-8(w/o BOM). If you are using MS Notepad, it saves it with UTF-8 (w/BOM), which causes that error. You will need to use a better text editor, such as Notepad++ and make sure to save it with encoding UTF-8 (w/o BOM)
HolyJoker

Post by HolyJoker »

Does anyone know whats wrong with my forum?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

I just told you.
HolyJoker

Post by HolyJoker »

Thats not it. sorry

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”