Post Count Requirements

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
jasonb619

Re: Post Count Requirements

Post by jasonb619 »

Just wanted to say thanks for the mod, works like a charm and straightforward to install.
sr55

Post by sr55 »

Edit: Removed. My mistake, Just made a copy/paste error.
Last edited by sr55 on Thu May 08, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sr55

Post by sr55 »

Small issue that you may want to sort:
bypass Post Count Requirements:
This group and its members can access forums even if they do not have the required post count.
doesn't appear checked when it is infact enabled for a group.
SyntheticChaos

Post by SyntheticChaos »

tcruz wrote:excuse my English

Yes I was a forum to change the ACP and when you put a bit of the posts gives this error. Everything is properly installed and the fields were created in the database. My database is not phpbb_ is simply the name of the table.
Do you mean the name of your tables, because the name of your database does not matter, that is a setting in the configuration file for phpBB. If you changed the table prefix (ie. phpbb_forums/phpbb_groups/phpbb_users to forums/groups/users) to be without a prefix, you need to change the SQL query before executing it to match your proper table names. The SQL assumes you use phpbb_ as your table prefix.
sr55 wrote:Small issue that you may want to sort:
bypass Post Count Requirements:
This group and its members can access forums even if they do not have the required post count.
doesn't appear checked when it is infact enabled for a group.
Please confirm that you did in fact make all the required changes to this file:
includes/acp/acp_groups.php,

I helped someone earlier and they did not edit that file and ended up having the same problem.
Prosoft Studio - Bringing Satisfaction To The Web
Web/Graphic Design - PHP Programming - Web Hosting Solutions
Badal

Post by Badal »

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'group_bypass_post_req' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_groups SET group_name = 'REGISTERED', group_desc = '', group_desc_uid = '', group_desc_bitfield = '', group_type = 3, group_bypass_post_req = 1 WHERE group_id = 2

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_user.php
LINE: 2407
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_groups.php
LINE: 406
CALL: group_create()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_groups->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 77
CALL: p_master->load_active()
can u plz help me for this error?
sevenalive
Translator
Name: Robert

Post by sevenalive »

Couldn't you just use groups and limit access that way? Or even combine that with autogroups mod.

So lets say after 50 posts they will be put into a group that can not only enable new features, but allow different forum permissions.

Cool mod but its redundant.
SyntheticChaos

Post by SyntheticChaos »

sevenalive wrote:Couldn't you just use groups and limit access that way? Or even combine that with autogroups mod.

So lets say after 50 posts they will be put into a group that can not only enable new features, but allow different forum permissions.

Cool mod but its redundant.
Originally this MOD was only planned to be used for my free web hosting forum however after many requests, I released it to the public. I will be adding more features in the future that will make this a better MOD.
net83it

Post by net83it »

SyntheticChaos wrote:
net83it wrote:very interesting

users that don't have post requiriments for viewing a forum are also blocked to search into that forum?
The user will be able to search for the topic, and they will find it, however they cannot view the content of the topic. In a future update, I will try to add a feature so they cannot even find the blocked topic in the search results.
i think they can partially access the content of the topic if they search on that forum and display results as post.

i really appreciate your will to add other features. maybe this mod can help you
SyntheticChaos

Post by SyntheticChaos »

net83it wrote:i think they can partially access the content of the topic if they search on that forum and display results as post.

i really appreciate your will to add other features. maybe this mod can help you
Thank you for that link. I will look into porting some of those features into the next update as an idea.
mattcch2007

Post by mattcch2007 »

Nice mod and thanks a lot.Work ok.

Use it on a private sub-forum for posts count set to 5k posts :idea: :mrgreen:

(my new forum at signature and no need to set permission)

:D

Mattcch2007
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

Hi, do you have any planned date for new version release with search thing and hidden forums?
SyntheticChaos

Post by SyntheticChaos »

JirkaX wrote:Hi, do you have any planned date for new version release with search thing and hidden forums?
I am not expecting a new version to be released maybe until next month. My developers and I of my website are working on an upcoming commercial script and a custom script for a paid client right now. As soon as I find time, I will start working on the new version.

Thank you everyone for the comments and overall support. I am sorry for the delay everyone.
rockgoddess

Post by rockgoddess »

For some reason I don't see an option for entering in a post count. I double checked the code and the database but everything seems to be in place. The options for bypassing post count does appear. Just to make sure it was not my browser, I did log in to the acp from a friends computer. Any idea what could be wrong? Any information that would be helpful to know?
SyntheticChaos

Post by SyntheticChaos »

rockgoddess wrote:For some reason I don't see an option for entering in a post count. I double checked the code and the database but everything seems to be in place. The options for bypassing post count does appear. Just to make sure it was not my browser, I did log in to the acp from a friends computer. Any idea what could be wrong? Any information that would be helpful to know?
Just to be sure, you are looking inside the Add/Edit forum area? The edit post count is inside that area and is at the end of the first section below forum permissions.

Try clearing the cache of your forum.
erasethepain

Post by erasethepain »

OK. It wont let any of the registers users (whom I set to 30 posts they needed to access certain forums) see the forums even after they get that postcount. and if i shut it off it still does this.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”