Quote Remover

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mykee

Re: Quote Remover

Post by mykee » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 pm

This can be replace quote to simple link to quoted post? :roll:

Seether

Post by Seether » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:08 pm

Is it possible to disallow one of the following quotes?
- A user quotes a very large post and only writes a few words on his own
- Images should not appear in the quote.

thx S.

PPV

Post by PPV » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Any one tested it with 3.0.2? I'd be really interested in this one!

Tazmanian

Post by Tazmanian » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Yes, I have it running on my 3.0.2 forum

PPV

Post by PPV » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Tazmanian wrote:Yes, I have it running on my 3.0.2 forum
Thank you! :)

Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Sorry... where is that setting in the ACP?

I installed the mod, but it is not working: maybe I'm dumb, but I can't find this setting...

Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Bump?

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:34 pm

Seether wrote:Is it possible to disallow one of the following quotes?
- A user quotes a very large post and only writes a few words on his own
- Images should not appear in the quote.
There is now another mod in development that changes quoted images to image links.. and i think another mod that requires a minimum amount of text to post or reply..
Diet Ebola Cola

Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:35 pm

Lord Phobos wrote:Sorry... where is that setting in the ACP?

I installed the mod, but it is not working: maybe I'm dumb, but I can't find this setting...

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:36 pm

I installed this on 3.0.2 and now whenever using the italics bbcode i get something like this displayed instead of the italicized text:

Code: Select all

\/(false|true|and|or|xor|__FILE__|exception|__LINE__|array|as|break|case|class|const|continue|declare|default|die|do|echo|else|elseif|empty|enddeclare|endfor|endforeach|endif|endswitch|endwhile|eval|exit|extends|for|foreach|function|global|if|include|include_once|isset|list|new|print|require|require_once|return|static|switch|unset|use|var|while|__FUNCTION__|__CLASS__|__METHOD__|final|php_user_filter|interface|implements|extends|public|private|protected|abstract|clone|try|catch|throw|this)([ \."'\{\(;&<])/g
I uninstalled the Mod and it went away. Anyone else have this issue?
Lord Phobos wrote:Sorry... where is that setting in the ACP?

General Tab -> Board Configuration (left side) -> Post Settings -> Maximum nested quotes per post (3rd entry from the bottom)
Diet Ebola Cola

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:55 pm

I installed this mod and set the maximum nested quotes to 1 in the ACP. Now, the error message is gone when attempting to nest multiple quotes. However, we can still nest multiple quotes. The mod is not removing them. What might we be doing wrong? We just want 1 nested quote allowed per post.

Rex

Post by Rex » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions on my above post?

Phantom784

Post by Phantom784 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Rex wrote:I installed this mod and set the maximum nested quotes to 1 in the ACP. Now, the error message is gone when attempting to nest multiple quotes. However, we can still nest multiple quotes. The mod is not removing them. What might we be doing wrong? We just want 1 nested quote allowed per post.
Diet Ebola Cola wrote:I installed this on 3.0.2 and now whenever using the italics bbcode i get something like this displayed instead of the italicized text:

\/(false|true|and|or|xor|__FILE__|exception|__LINE__|array|as|break|case|class|const|continue|declare|default|die|do|echo|else|elseif|empty|enddeclare|endfor|endforeach|endif|endswitch|endwhile|eval|exit|extends|for|foreach|function|global|if|include|include_once|isset|list|new|print|require|require_once|return|static|switch|unset|use|var|while|__FUNCTION__|__CLASS__|__METHOD__|final|php_user_filter|interface|implements|extends|public|private|protected|abstract|clone|try|catch|throw|this)([ \."'\{\(;&<])/g
I uninstalled the Mod and it went away. Anyone else have this issue?
Hey, mod author here after ages of not being active on phpbb.com at all. I just installed this mod on a fresh 3.0.3 install, and everything worked fine. I tried to duplicate the two bugs I quoted above, but didn't have the problem. If you have other mods installed, it's possible that they could be conflicting with the quote remover. Also, be sure you installed the mod exactly as specified in the installer.
@Diet Ebola Cola: could you give me an example of the exact bbcode that creates this output?
Want to contact me? Find out how at http://francisfisher.com/contact.php

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:46 am

First off.. Welcome back. I love the mods you had been working on before your absence, and I hope you are returning to work on them more. And if not, welcome back anyway! :D

For the error, whenever I threw a word in italics in a forum post i got that code spat out instead of the italicized text, regardless of what the word was, or if it was several words. Nothing was ever even quoted in the post, either. It was strange. I was using the standard italics bbcode:

[i]bbcode[/i]
Also, I was using 3.0.2 and prosilver.

It was probably user error on my end, but I could not find what I did wrong or where in the install process.
Diet Ebola Cola

Phantom784

Post by Phantom784 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Diet Ebola Cola wrote:First off.. Welcome back. I love the mods you had been working on before your absence, and I hope you are returning to work on them more. And if not, welcome back anyway! :D

For the error, whenever I threw a word in italics in a forum post i got that code spat out instead of the italicized text, regardless of what the word was, or if it was several words. Nothing was ever even quoted in the post, either. It was strange. I was using the standard italics bbcode:

[i]bbcode[/i]
Also, I was using 3.0.2 and prosilver.

It was probably user error on my end, but I could not find what I did wrong or where in the install process.
Yea, sounds like a mistake made in installing. Are you still having this issue?
Want to contact me? Find out how at http://francisfisher.com/contact.php

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”