Annual Stars for 3.0

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MydnyteSyn

Re: Annual Stars for 3.0

Post by MydnyteSyn »

:oops: Nevermind, I fixed it
whoisit

Post by whoisit »

Thanks for all the advice, guess I'll to put everything back as it was and not have the annual stars mod.

Graham
dethis

Post by dethis »

Hi. I would like to kown if its possible to use this mod to work with User Online Time getting the user online time variable, and replacing it for 'user_regdate' used on mod and use it to give stars ? :roll:
if ($reg_years = (int) ((time() - (int) $row['user_regdate']) / 31536000))
Thks in advance.
noth

Post by noth »

eviL<3 wrote:
noth wrote:it really annoys me to see people who have not visited the site in over a year STILL getting this star

no matter how long ago they JOINED do they still deserve this star if they HAVE LEFT YOUR SITE?
You could add another condition using the user_lastvisit column to check for this. :)
brilliant :D

8-) what would the code be please?

and where would it go? :mrgreen:
whoisit

Post by whoisit »

Noth,
Another option would be to use the User Reminder mod, it sends a reminder out to those who have not been to the site for a while, after the frst reminder it sends a second then eventually deletes that user for you automatically.

Graham
noth

Post by noth »

thanks whoisit :mrgreen: but TerraFrost has coded a working solution in viewtopic.php

so .... to STOP annual stars for members who have not visited in 1 year or more do TerraFrost's code

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
         // annual stars
         $user_cache[$poster_id]['reg_stars'] = '';
         if ($reg_years = (int) ((time() - (int) $row['user_regdate']) / 31536000))
         {
            $user_cache[$poster_id]['reg_stars'] = str_repeat($user->img('icon_annual_star', 'YEARS_OF_MEMBERSHIP'), $reg_years);
         }
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
         // annual stars
         if ($reg_years = (int) (((int) $row['user_lastvisit'] - (int) $row['user_regdate']) / 31536000))
         {
            $user_cache[$poster_id]['reg_stars'] = str_repeat($user->img('icon_annual_star', 'YEARS_OF_MEMBERSHIP'), $reg_years);
         }
he has enstalled this on my board (the above change) and it works great :D

thank you TerraFrost!!
whoisit

Post by whoisit »

Noth

The code supplied by Terafrost looks good, but I need to get the annual stars just to work first.
I don't think this Mod is supported anymore but hey if it's working for you great!
galahadkoa

Post by galahadkoa »

I really like this mod, but Im reluctant to install it. We had old 2.0 forums that were so heavily modified and ancient that we couldnt transfer all that info over to the new 3.0 forums in early 2008. At the moment every single person would have no more than one star when we have members going back up to 11 years. The next step that this mod needs is a admin panel that allows the board admin to manually add or subtract stars from members regardless of what the registration date says.
momentum

Post by momentum »

If you have a copy of the old database you can easily copy each member's registration date into the relevant field of the new forum. A little manual work of course, but it could be done.

Craig.
QOTY: phpBB is free, good hosting is not. - robert (Lumpy Burgertushie)
scobb77

Post by scobb77 »

I am using the style Coffee Time and when I install this mod, I am getting the following error when I try to view a topic.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/texasne1/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 1098

Here is what I have in the file:
'warnings' => 0,
'allow_pm' => 0,
);
// annual stars

get_user_rank($row['user_rank'], false, $user_cache[$poster_id]['rank_title'], $user_cache[$poster_id]['rank_image'], $user_cache[$poster_id]['rank_image_src']);
}

Any help would be much appreciated.
momentum

Post by momentum »

Your error isn't that easy to debug.

Can you please make a copy of your whole viewtopic.php file, archive it and upload it somewhere for us to download & look at?

Craig.
scobb77

Post by scobb77 »

momentum

Post by momentum »

Found it!

The second specified edit to the same file.... FIND

Code: Select all

'search'		=> ($auth->acl_get('u_search')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_author=' . urlencode($row['username']) .'&showresults=posts') : '',
			);
You've managed to remove the ); line when pasting the new code AFTER. Check line 1097 of your file.

Craig.
whoisit

Post by whoisit »

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know it's working, it only gives you a star after 1 year, I'd tried to alter the number of seconds but it wouldn't work, as soon as I reached 1 year it gave me a star. ;)
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

whoisit wrote:Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know it's working, it only gives you a star after 1 year, I'd tried to alter the number of seconds but it wouldn't work, as soon as I reached 1 year it gave me a star. ;)
Have you purged the cache & refresh templates, themes, imagesets after changing those seconds ??? And as far as I remember, there are 2 places where those seconds are mentioned .... have you updated both?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”