Update attachment

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Re: Update attachment

Post by rxu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:59 pm

There're no major errors in the MOD.
stokerpiller is right, there was intended to update attachments by their posters only, but not as some moderator/administrator option.

And yes, I'll think about the issue for administrators to be able to update any attachments, thanks :)

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Ahhh.. I think I understand.

Are you saying this MOD was made for user's to update the attachments and not for the MODS to do it for them?

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Yes, exactly :)

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Ahh, Well, if this ever gets to work for the admisn and stuff I'd more than graciously download it.

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Very good MOD.
If you do not like user attachment, DELETE IT :mrgreen:
Excellent MOD, but with Admin right to update users attachments it will be superb :D

pythonjosh

Post by pythonjosh » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Why would an admin / mod need to update a user's attachment instead of just deleting it?
I also think admins can already edit a post to delete / import their own attachment already.
This MOD with admin privileges would take out one step, but I can't think of any scenarios
where someone would replace the attachment instead of just deleting it.
Overall good idea for a MOD, thanks!

OKCRandy

Post by OKCRandy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Is it possible to take this mod a step further and allow the mod or admin to link to a file that has been uploaded ftp. This would help with slow net connections as far as uploading larger files.

OT Question - Is it possible to turn off attachment names being incrypted? Making it easier to find the attachment in the upload directory. I have looked but cannot find the answer. :o

OKCRandy

Post by OKCRandy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:03 pm

pythonjosh wrote:Why would an admin / mod need to update a user's attachment instead of just deleting it?
I also think admins can already edit a post to delete / import their own attachment already.
This MOD with admin privileges would take out one step, but I can't think of any scenarios
where someone would replace the attachment instead of just deleting it.
Overall good idea for a MOD, thanks!
In the case of my forum enabling the moderators or admins to edit attachment would be very handy. I have 3d product beta testing going on all the time. And sometimes it is easier for and admin or moderator to update the file rather than the poster.

Hopefully this feature will be added. Great mod.

Thanks
Randy

mara7

Post by mara7 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 pm

I think this mod should be in the phpBB 3.0 by default .. as in phpBB 2 attachments mod by acyd burn !!

really I shocked when I don't find this feature :?

OKCRandy

Post by OKCRandy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:18 pm

I agree with you mara7, it should be. Also an option to not encrypt the name of the files, that makes a conveluted mess in the folder.

Or is there an option that I have missed not to encrypt the files?

Ds !

Post by Ds ! » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:54 am

OKCRandy wrote:I agree with you mara7, it should be. Also an option to not encrypt the name of the files, that makes a conveluted mess in the folder.

Or is there an option that I have missed not to encrypt the files?
Yes this feature is missing in phpBB3.0.x !

maybe they can make exception and add

Damien White

Post by Damien White » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 pm

On my board I have alot of transiant users, they come and go over the years. But some stuff they post gets updated regularly. It's true, I could erase there files and repost it, but then as admin I get the ID added and the original poster can no longer update. Which kinda sucks, because it takes the pride away from the original poster. I really thing adding admin update options would be very helpful on so many levels.

If I could beseach you to add this feature, or if someone could help me update the code on my board, I would be most humbly greatful.

BTW - post #1 says install time is less then 5 minutes but the install file in archive says less then 6. ;)

Tnias

Post by Tnias » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:51 am

This mod will help a lot; however it would be even better if we can link an attachment that is already linked to one message to others instead of having to upload the same file over and over. We have many users that want to download the same file but we do not wnat to post the file openly for anyone to download on their own. Is there a way we can upload an attachment and then repeatedly attach it to multiple messages without uploading the same file over and over again?

If there is, your mod would be an incredible aid; in that, when the file we use repeatedly needs an update we can just update it.

Any ideas?
Tnias.

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace."

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:59 am

Tnias wrote:This mod will help a lot; however it would be even better if we can link an attachment that is already linked to one message to others instead of having to upload the same file over and over. We have many users that want to download the same file but we do not wnat to post the file openly for anyone to download on their own. Is there a way we can upload an attachment and then repeatedly attach it to multiple messages without uploading the same file over and over again?

If there is, your mod would be an incredible aid; in that, when the file we use repeatedly needs an update we can just update it.

Any ideas?
Just copy the posted download link and paste it in the other posts with an image of the download icon.
I am done with phpBB

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:06 am

So you can update attachments in private messages

Open: includes/ucp/ucp_pm_compose.php

Find:

Code: Select all

$refresh    = isset($_POST['add_file']) || isset($_POST['delete_file']) || $save || $load
In-line Find:

isset($_POST['add_file']) 
After Add:

|| isset($_POST['update_file']) 

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”