ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
ttkingdom

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by ttkingdom »

lefty74 wrote:did you point your browser to the install/index.php file after automod had installed it?
It says automod has been installed. Then I use the Automod tab in ACP to install this mod. Then Automod says ACP Announcement Centre has been installed.

But I don't know where to post my first announcement :(
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

ttkingdom wrote:It says automod has been installed. Then I use the Automod tab in ACP to install this mod. Then Automod says ACP Announcement Centre has been installed.
automod does not run the install/index.php file. when you installed this via automod you will see at the end a DIY instruction which is to point your browser to the install/index.php file. that completes the installation process.

only after you have done that, you will be able to see the announcements, the tab in the acp...
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Clorith

Post by Clorith »

I just installed this mod (using AutoMOD did not work for me, I kept getting errors relating to _edited/index.php), so I did it manually by uploading the content of root/ and running the install script.

Now, it installed perfectly, and it shows up in the ACP, but When I try to configure who can see it, it wont save it self ("Guest", "Everyone" and "Groups" all remain unchecked after I submit my changed), everything else saves though, even the selections in the group box. (The setting is not saved either it would appear, as I can not see the announcement box when set to "Everyone", nor when selecting all groups and choosing Groups).

I'm using Prosilver if this matters, but I did try subsilver2 as well, and I did refresh the templates, and purge my cache.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

could you please do me and in your config.php, pse try to change this:

Code: Select all

// @define('DEBUG', true);
    // @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
to this

Code: Select all

@define('DEBUG', true);
    @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
and then let me know what error messages you are getting when accessing the acp part of the mod.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Clorith

Post by Clorith »

I'm not getting any error messages at all, so I don't know what could be causing this.

Edit: 12 queries are executed when I hit "Submit" on the config page, it just doesn't appear to be stored anywhere, I have a table called phpbb_announcement_centre which is entirely empty. See quoted data from a dump of the _config (only the announcement_ ones)
(`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES
('announcement_enable', 0x31, 0),
('announcement_show_index', 0x30, 0),
('announcement_enable_guests', 0x30, 0),
('announcement_show', 0x31, 0),
('announcement_show_birthdays', 0x30, 0),
('announcement_birthday_avatar', 0x30, 0),
('announcement_ava_max_size', 0x3430, 0),
('announcement_show_birthdays_always', 0x30, 0),
('announcement_show_birthdays_and_announce', 0x30, 0),
('announcement_show_group', 0x352c362c342c322c31322c31312c31332c31302c382c372c39, 0),
('announcement_align', 0x63656e746572, 0),
('announcement_guests_align', 0x63656e746572, 0);
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

that's strange, can you please run the install/index.php file again, then uninstall the mod, then run the install/index.php file again and install again.

after that please refresh your templates/theme etc.
lefty74
Clorith

Post by Clorith »

I've done this, same result.

I should've mentioned I'm on 3.0.5 and I know this hasn't been tested yet.

Also, I was playing around a little, it seems it's not pulling config variables at all, I tried adding my own text box at the top of the announcements_centre.html file, and this worked, but when I tried using the variables to populate it, these just kept coming up empty, as if it's not reading these fields from the database at all.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi,
i have installed this with 3.0.5 numerous times without a problem :(

would you at all be able to set me up with a temp admin and ftp account so i can have a look as right now i do not know why it would not work?

cheers
lefty74
Clorith

Post by Clorith »

If anyone else is reading up on this, it was human error.

I had not completed all the includes, my bad :oops:
tlknowles

Post by tlknowles »

hmmm...

New install of 3.0.5
Using prosilver.
No modifications to this install.
Downloaded this Annoucement Mod as first.

I have done all the edits listed in install.xlm
I did not find any MySQL changes listed on the install.xlm doc.

I'm a real noob. So...I may be missing something.
Can anyone help?

TIA
tlknowles

EDITED to add
Disregard.
Installed successfully.

TY!
cactusranger71

Post by cactusranger71 »

Hi Lefty, Great job with this, it will come in handy. If I can get my announcement to show up! I have installed it and it shows up on ACP. The box shows up on my index as you can see below.

However, nothing I do enables me to see an announcement! I add it, hit sumbit and after the green box with the "announcements updated", I go back in and there is nothing saved. No matter what, I can't get any announcement to show up on the main page....I am sure I am missing one simple thing. Any ideas?

Thanks
tlknowles

Post by tlknowles »

UPDATE
...I spoke too soon.

Installation was successful.
BUT!

I edited the sample message for Guest Announcements from the ACP, and logged out to view the change as a "guest", and am now getting the following

General Error
Language file ./language/en_us/mods/announcement_centre.php couldn't be opened.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: you@yourdomain.com

...which, is preventing me from being able to log in.

The option to "Return to the index page" ( link in upper right corner ) doesn't allow me to return; I'm stuck on the error page.

Now what can I do to repair this?

TIA
tlknowles

UPDATE...
Fixed.
Human Error: I forgot to upload the en files to en_us.
All is well.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

cactusranger71 wrote:Hi Lefty, Great job with this, it will come in handy. If I can get my announcement to show up! I have installed it and it shows up on ACP. The box shows up on my index as you can see below.

However, nothing I do enables me to see an announcement! I add it, hit sumbit and after the green box with the "announcements updated", I go back in and there is nothing saved. No matter what, I can't get any announcement to show up on the main page....I am sure I am missing one simple thing. Any ideas?

Thanks
make sure you have doublechecked your edits!
you ran the install/index.php file?
lefty74
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

tlknowles wrote: All is well.
great :)
lefty74
kmxak

Post by kmxak »

I've got a Problem

i would have 2 massages 1 for the useres and 1 for the guest's
but it is only shown the users announcment

Settings
Show different Announcement to guests: Yes
Show Site Announcement to: Guests or everyone

but only show's the user announcment when i logged out.
the guest'S announcment is never shown

can u help me

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”