ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

sypher01 wrote:I'm also using the "forum" acp announcement centre ...
is it possible to "trim" the max lenght of the message in case its too long ?
Like .. to 200 chars or so ?

So that the users will start reading and click continue only if they are interested in the announcement (im using it like a news paper i know), but still, if the article is too big, it wont break the layout by making them scroll down everytime.
its possible but you would no longer be able to use bbcode in your messages...
bipenett wrote:It works!!
great :)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
bipenett
Registered User
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:01 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by bipenett »

Hi everybody! :D It's me, again.

I have two more (easy) questions for you about the ACP Annoucement Centre (of course!). I know that I should search the answer in the "ACP Announcemente Centre" posts, but I swear I did! But... I really couldn't understand what to do... So... Let's go to the questions:

1) How do I change de the background color of my ACP Announcement Centre board? - I wish the anouncement board background could look properly for the "prosilver_se" color scheme.

2) How do I change the name of the board ("Site annoucements")?

Thank you so much for trying to help me!
iftitaj
Registered User
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:21 am
Location: Karachi, Pakistan

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by iftitaj »

Here you go ......

1) The announcement centre reads style's theme files to get its look .......... so it should be like your style's normal forum/topic section/area. And I guess thats the best blending in the style.

2) Go to ACP --> .MODS --> Announcement Centre --> Announcement Centre --> under ANNOUNCEMENT TEXT area, change SITE ANNOUNCEMENT TITLE to what ever you like. Similarly you can edit for Guest's announcement.
sypher01
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by sypher01 »

lefty74 wrote:
sypher01 wrote:I'm also using the "forum" acp announcement centre ...
is it possible to "trim" the max lenght of the message in case its too long ?
Like .. to 200 chars or so ?

So that the users will start reading and click continue only if they are interested in the announcement (im using it like a news paper i know), but still, if the article is too big, it wont break the layout by making them scroll down everytime.
its possible but you would no longer be able to use bbcode in your messages...
Can you please tell me how?

Thanks in advance
User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

bipenett wrote:Hi everybody! :D It's me, again.

I have two more (easy) questions for you about the ACP Annoucement Centre (of course!). I know that I should search the answer in the "ACP Announcemente Centre" posts, but I swear I did! But... I really couldn't understand what to do... So... Let's go to the questions:

1) How do I change de the background color of my ACP Announcement Centre board? - I wish the anouncement board background could look properly for the "prosilver_se" color scheme.

2) How do I change the name of the board ("Site annoucements")?

Thank you so much for trying to help me!
iftitaj wrote:Here you go ......

1) The announcement centre reads style's theme files to get its look .......... so it should be like your style's normal forum/topic section/area. And I guess thats the best blending in the style.

2) Go to ACP --> .MODS --> Announcement Centre --> Announcement Centre --> under ANNOUNCEMENT TEXT area, change SITE ANNOUNCEMENT TITLE to what ever you like. Similarly you can edit for Guest's announcement.
Hi, re. the theme, the announcement_centre.html is using tables and therefore is more based on the memberlist instead of the forumlist so sometimes it could actually look a little different. what is it you want to have it look like exactly? no hover background?
sypher01 wrote: Can you please tell me how?

Thanks in advance
i will ... when i have a moment, no promises of when though
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
sypher01
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by sypher01 »

Wait a second, i got it now, u will just use a string trim based on a variable char number, thats why u're saying it wont be able to work with bbcode?

in that case, wait a sek i'll look into it because some tmie ago i did a trim that was working with bbcode (trimmed after a tag closure), i'll just try and integrate it
bipenett
Registered User
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:01 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by bipenett »

lefty74 wrote:
bipenett wrote:Hi everybody! :D It's me, again.

I have two more (easy) questions for you about the ACP Annoucement Centre (of course!). I know that I should search the answer in the "ACP Announcemente Centre" posts, but I swear I did! But... I really couldn't understand what to do... So... Let's go to the questions:

1) How do I change de the background color of my ACP Announcement Centre board? - I wish the anouncement board background could look properly for the "prosilver_se" color scheme.

2) How do I change the name of the board ("Site annoucements")?

Thank you so much for trying to help me!
iftitaj wrote:Here you go ......

1) The announcement centre reads style's theme files to get its look .......... so it should be like your style's normal forum/topic section/area. And I guess thats the best blending in the style.

2) Go to ACP --> .MODS --> Announcement Centre --> Announcement Centre --> under ANNOUNCEMENT TEXT area, change SITE ANNOUNCEMENT TITLE to what ever you like. Similarly you can edit for Guest's announcement.
Hi, re. the theme, the announcement_centre.html is using tables and therefore is more based on the memberlist instead of the forumlist so sometimes it could actually look a little different. what is it you want to have it look like exactly? no hover background?
Well.. I see that my annoucement centre board has a blue background (that kind of blue that you can find in the regular prosilver style). But I would like the background of my annoucement board could has a gray color, like the background of each forum in the prosilver_SE style.
User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

sypher01 wrote:Wait a second, i got it now, u will just use a string trim based on a variable char number, thats why u're saying it wont be able to work with bbcode?

in that case, wait a sek i'll look into it because some tmie ago i did a trim that was working with bbcode (trimmed after a tag closure), i'll just try and integrate it
go for it ;)
bipenett wrote: Well.. I see that my annoucement centre board has a blue background (that kind of blue that you can find in the regular prosilver style). But I would like the background of my annoucement board could has a gray color, like the background of each forum in the prosilver_SE style.
this should get it closer to the style:
in announcement_centre.html
find (you have to find and replace this on two occasions)

Code: Select all

<tr class="bg3">
replace with

Code: Select all

<tr class="bg2">
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
bipenett
Registered User
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:01 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by bipenett »

lefty74 wrote:
bipenett wrote: Well.. I see that my annoucement centre board has a blue background (that kind of blue that you can find in the regular prosilver style). But I would like the background of my annoucement board could has a gray color, like the background of each forum in the prosilver_SE style.
this should get it closer to the style:
in announcement_centre.html
find (you have to find and replace this on two occasions)

Code: Select all

<tr class="bg3">
replace with

Code: Select all

<tr class="bg2">
Well... Doens't looks perfect, but I kinda liked! Thank's a lot, lefty74! You are the man!
Groove200uk
Registered User
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Groove200uk »

Hi, could someone point me in the direction of changing the colour of the announcement box on our index page.

I want to have the background white as in the forum sections below , not the two level grey it currently is. Im aware this is picking up from a css somewhere but im not sure which one. If neccessary I may need to create a new class to prevent colour changing elsewhere on the forum if i edit the one it is using.

Please see pic for details
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (108.29 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Thanks

Andy
Groove200uk
Registered User
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Groove200uk »

ooops...found it.......in the post preceeding mine ! Just created a new class and changed both bg3 entries...job done
User avatar
noth
Registered User
Posts: 2483
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:10 pm
Location: North Surrey
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by noth »

this is quite a colossal add on to phpBB3

the things I like about this mod
  • ability to include birthday announcement showing user plus their avatar AS an announcement, this is excellent
  • gets it's very own TAB in ACP, does not share with other mods in the MOD tab, I like this
  • only administrators can change the announcement, activate it or close it
  • ability to use smilies and bbcode in the announcement
  • admin can decide to have the announcement/ birthday showing to all users/ just guests/ usergroups
the control to just show to a given usergroup is really amazing

all in all a very very good mod indeed
User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

thanks very much for your kind words noth :)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

little bug found with pagination of smilies in acp:

until i have time to get a new package out, you can find the fix here
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
SignaL84
Registered User
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 pm
Location: Egypt
Name: Mohamed Roushdy

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by SignaL84 »

Hello, i've installed this MOD successfully without anyerror, but the problem is (hehe) the announcement box doesn't appear on the homepage?....i've tried installing tnat mod twice, but no use, i've followed the instructions carefully though. am i missing something?!..maybe the overall_header?!...

thanks
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”