ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Ahri89

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Ahri89 »

Install on 3.0.7 with Automod and works perfect! thanks! :)
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD

rime

Post by rime »

Incompatible with 3.0.7. Makes internal server error.
My server error log wrote:[Tue Mar 02 02:02:11 2010] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Tue Mar 02 02:02:20 2010] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of script headers: viewtopic.php
[Tue Mar 02 02:02:27 2010] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of script headers: viewforum.php
I have removed:

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE announcement_centre.html -->
from overall_header.html to to prevent from this bug and I'll wait for MOD update.

mej284

Post by mej284 »

Installed on phpbb 3.0.7 board, in prosilver, subsilver2 and X_Silver and it worked perfectly.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

thanks for confirming it works on 3.0.7.
rime wrote:Incompatible with 3.0.7. Makes internal server error.
My server error log wrote:[Tue Mar 02 02:02:11 2010] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Tue Mar 02 02:02:20 2010] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of script headers: viewtopic.php
[Tue Mar 02 02:02:27 2010] [error] [client xxx] Premature end of script headers: viewforum.php
I have removed:

from overall_header.html to to prevent from this bug and I'll wait for MOD update.
i dont get this, maybe you didnt place that edit at the right place?
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

I once got Header Sent Earlier something like that error on phpBB3.0.7 and at that point, my Announcement Centre text was enlarged. I refreshed my page and everything went back to normal. That occurred only once. But the impact was on Announcement Centre only, so is there some problem with it? I use notepad++ (UTF8 without BOM) or CPanel for editing my files. Also there is no space before <?php tag.

rime

Post by rime »

OK, step by step what I did.
1) I was on 3.0.6 + ACP Announcement Centre MOD installed on board
2) Auto-updated board to 3.0.7
3) Refreshed my style
4) Error 500
5) Removed

6) Board works fine, but no announcements on home page
7) Did manually all needed style changes (3.0.6 -> 3.0.7). Style: 2 Unilever (subsilver2 based)
8) Tried once more time with INCLUDE announcement_centre.html = Error 500

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

rime wrote:OK, step by step what I did.
1) I was on 3.0.6 + ACP Announcement Centre MOD installed on board
2) Auto-updated board to 3.0.7
3) Refreshed my style
4) Error 500
5) Removed

6) Board works fine, but no announcements on home page
7) Did manually all needed style changes (3.0.6 -> 3.0.7). Style: 2 Unilever (subsilver2 based)
8) Tried once more time with INCLUDE announcement_centre.html = Error 500
interesting, i updated 3 boards without a problem... i dont really have a solution at the moment...
i assume you have tried this on subsilver2 or prosilver as well already?
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Litto

Post by Litto »

Hi, thanks for sharing this awesome mod, but I have a question..

I have a dark style installed on my forum, so the annoucement background don't match with my forum background, is there any way that I can change that?

Thanks again, you can see my forum here.
http://obmup.zobyhost.com/obmup/

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

^ I'm pretty sure Lefty had answered to your question in this topic. Try searching or browsing this topic.

Litto

Post by Litto »

iftitaj wrote:^ I'm pretty sure Lefty had answered to your question in this topic. Try searching or browsing this topic.
Done, thanks ;)

Daryl Grant

Post by Daryl Grant »

Smooth installation and works very well....many thx for a nice mod

jason102178
Name: Jason

Post by jason102178 »

I have tested this mod on phpnbb 3.0.7 and it works great all the features work and it shows up on my forum ok... the problem comes in when i go to the control panel i am the founder of my board and when i install the announcement center when i log into my ACP my user and group tab is gone and cant figure out how to get it back so i restored my files and hen the user and group tab came back then i tried it a 2nd time and my tab was there and as soon as it installs the tab is gone again and dont know if theres a way to add it back...i really want to use this mod but cant if its going to remove the tab ill prolly have to wait for the upgrade mod to this one....

i just tested it again... i am using automod to install it... the install goes smoothly however when it has  you update the SQL is when it goes all screwy  it takes the user and group tab out of ACP at the top  so then in order to fix it  i had to restore the database thank gawd i created a backup
Last edited by jason102178 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djapan

Post by djapan »

I tried using the auto mod to install ACP Announcement Centre 1.2.3 but when i upload it there was nothing to install so I went to my file manager and it was there how can I install this upgrade using Automod. I have the 1.22 version of this program

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

jason102178 wrote:I have tested this mod on phpnbb 3.0.7 and it works great all the features work and it shows up on my forum ok... the problem comes in when i go to the control panel i am the founder of my board and when i install the announcement center when i log into my ACP my user and group tab is gone and cant figure out how to get it back so i restored my files and hen the user and group tab came back then i tried it a 2nd time and my tab was there and as soon as it installs the tab is gone again and dont know if theres a way to add it back...i really want to use this mod but cant if its going to remove the tab ill prolly have to wait for the upgrade mod to this one....

i just tested it again... i am using automod to install it... the install goes smoothly however when it has  you update the SQL is when it goes all screwy  it takes the user and group tab out of ACP at the top  so then in order to fix it  i had to restore the database thank gawd i created a backup
hi jason, the only reason I can think of is that somehow your .MODs category was deleted.

The installer tries to add the modules to the .MODs category.

Can you please confirm that you have this cateogry in your database? Otherwise you may wish to create and when creating it don't call it .MODs but ACP_DOT_MODS.
djapan wrote:I tried using the auto mod to install ACP Announcement Centre 1.2.3 but when i upload it there was nothing to install so I went to my file manager and it was there how can I install this upgrade using Automod. I have the 1.22 version of this program
Hi, please note that version 1.2.3 is the phpbb2 version of this mod. the latest phpbb3 version is 1.2.2
lefty74

jason102178
Name: Jason

Post by jason102178 »

Thanks for getting back to me lefty... well i really like this mod the functions are great and its super easy to use i was able to edit all the settings and it worked on my board with no problem it was just odd it somehow changed my permissions and removed the user and group tab.... it took me all night just to get my board back to normal so i had to delete my board re uploaded my forum then i restored the database .....

and the best way for me to show you is the images the first image shows the .mod in tab bar at top the 2nd one shows the.mod under module managment and the 3rd one shows the configuration the.mod under edit... it is already set to ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS and as far as i know it is working just fine because i have a couple of things in there such as the blog settings and the Faqs settings and the rules settings and they all function properly the last image is of what is showing up there and work currently
Attachments
top tabs
top tabs
top tab.JPG (18.73 KiB) Viewed 911 times
module managment
module managment
module managment.JPG (33.37 KiB) Viewed 911 times
edit module settings
edit module settings
dotmod module.JPG (32.08 KiB) Viewed 911 times
dot mod manager
dot mod manager