ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Thanks in advance

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Thanks in advance » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 pm

I have tried to install this mod five times in a row, but I always fail. I'm getting this error:
ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]
I know quite some people had this error, but I never found a solution via search function and google. I am really down. :-( I followed the instructions exactly, it's very unlikely that I made edit/copy or other failures five times. My board is a test installation, always fresh installation of 3.07PL-1, but I also tried 3.06 once and failed too.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Raikzz wrote:Hi.
How could I make the box fit the forum´s size?

Image Image
hi, which style is that you are using? could you send a link to that style?
Thanks in advance wrote:I have tried to install this mod five times in a row, but I always fail. I'm getting this error:
ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]
I know quite some people had this error, but I never found a solution via search function and google. I am really down. :-( I followed the instructions exactly, it's very unlikely that I made edit/copy or other failures five times. My board is a test installation, always fresh installation of 3.07PL-1, but I also tried 3.06 once and failed too.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
looks like the includes/constants.php
please make sure the edit is there and that the file is uploaded to the server.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Thanks in advance

Post by Thanks in advance » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:51 pm

lefty74 wrote: looks like the includes/constants.php
please make sure the edit is there and that the file is uploaded to the server.
When I just copy the backup of my constants.php on the server I can access the board again. Clicking on "Mods" results in the message "Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php".

Here is the edit of my constants.php:
// Additional tables
// lefty74 Announcement Centre
define('ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE',$table_prefix . 'announcement_centre');
define('GROUPS_ONLY', 0);
define('EVERYONE', 1);
define('GUESTS_ONLY', 2);
?>
It's edited with Notepad++ ANSI

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:53 pm

can you send me your includes/constants.php file pse.

email is in the install.xml of the mod
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Thanks in advance

Post by Thanks in advance » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Sure... Thanks!

gushtu

Post by gushtu » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Hve installed this using AUTO mod, but now i cant locate it anywhere.

The installation was a success, and i also refreshed the template, but seems it doesnt work with prosilver.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:08 pm

gushtu wrote:Hve installed this using AUTO mod, but now i cant locate it anywhere.

The installation was a success, and i also refreshed the template, but seems it doesnt work with prosilver.
you will have to run install/index.php to complete the installation.
lefty74

gushtu

Post by gushtu » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:25 pm

its a long time now, and when i try to run this file, it says "missing"

i cant even uninstall the mod, as it gives the following error

includes/functions.phpFind
// Which timezone?
$tz = ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS) ? strval(doubleval($user->data['user_timezone'])) : strval(doubleval($config['board_timezone']));
if( isset($config['announcement_enable']) && isset($config['announcement_show_birthdays_always']))
{
if ( !$config['announcement_show_index'] && ($config['announcement_enable'] || $config['announcement_show_birthdays_always']) )
{
if (!function_exists('get_announcement_data'))
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_announcements.' . $phpEx);
}
get_announcement_data();
}
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replace With
// Which timezone?
$tz = ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS) ? strval(doubleval($user->data['user_timezone'])) : strval(doubleval($config['board_timezone']));The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 am

the install/ folder would have to be reuploaded from the mod to the server before running it.

uninstalling via automod works find for me (phpbb 3.0.7 PL1).
lefty74

gushtu

Post by gushtu » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:34 am

lefty74 wrote:the install/ folder would have to be reuploaded from the mod to the server before running it.
how do we do that ?

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:46 pm

gushtu wrote:
lefty74 wrote:the install/ folder would have to be reuploaded from the mod to the server before running it.
how do we do that ?
Download the MOD again. And only upload the folder root/install to your forum's main/root folder. And then point your browser to: http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/install or http://www.yourforum.com/install or similar. And then let it uninstall the MOD.

Thanks in advance

Post by Thanks in advance » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:26 pm

I think I will have to give up the idea of installing this mod on a life board, altough I really like it. Whenever I use the modified includes/constants.php I get this error "ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]". When I copy the original file back, I can just use guest announcments.

The edit in the file is completely correct (verified by lefty74 - thanks for that and your other help!). I see no logical reason why it doesn't work...

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Thanks in advance wrote:The edit in the file is completely correct (verified by lefty74 - thanks for that and your other help!). I see no logical reason why it doesn't work...
Be sure that you use editor like notepad++ which can save the file without BOM.

Vipinvites.net

Post by Vipinvites.net » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Can someone please check my forum and see if someone can fix the line over the announcement centre box? And I also want the "frame" that is on every headcategories to the box title, can someone please help me with that? :) I can send over my files to you so someone can edit them :)

My forum: http://vipinvites.net/index.php

Regards,
Vipinvites.net :)

Thanks in advance

Post by Thanks in advance » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Be sure that you use editor like notepad++ which can save the file without BOM.
Thanks for the reply... I used Notepad++, saved the file as UTF-8 without BOM. Lefty74 was even so friendly to check the file personally (sent over via eMail) and it's ok.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”