ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Barbielau

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Barbielau » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:59 am

Hi!

I was wondering if there is a code to add for the text to be in a moving mode instead of just staying still?

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:32 am

Barbielau wrote:Hi!

I was wondering if there is a code to add for the text to be in a moving mode instead of just staying still?
I guess that can also be done using BBCode ... but I don't have its code ... you are talking about marquee thing, right?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:15 am

iftitaj wrote:

I guess that can also be done using BBCode ... but I don't have its code ... you are talking about marquee thing, right?
hi, yes that can be done via bbcode.

you could try this:
BBCode usage

Code: Select all

[scroll]{TEXT}[/scroll]
HTML replacement

<MARQUEE DIRECTION="left"  height="100%" width="100%" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">
{TEXT}
</MARQUEE>
Help line

[scroll]Your Text[/scroll]
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:35 am

lefty74, that helped me also in putting marquee on my forum. thanx :D

KaLeL16

Post by KaLeL16 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:12 pm

ok for some reason when i started categorizing my forum the announcements stopped showing :cry:
" So others may live "...

Barbielau

Post by Barbielau » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:17 pm

lefty74 wrote:
iftitaj wrote:

hi, yes that can be done via bbcode.

you could try this:
BBCode usage

[scroll]{TEXT}[/scroll]
HTML replacement

<MARQUEE DIRECTION="left"  height="100%" width="100%" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">
{TEXT}
</MARQUEE>
Help line

[scroll]Your Text[/scroll]
Thank you so much for your help Lefty74 :D

-SainT-

Post by -SainT- » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:35 pm

I receive blank pages after clicking on ACP Announcement Centre or the Users and Groups tabs.
I applied the bug fix and cleared my cache...

Any ideas?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but topic search doesn't work for some reason :?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:46 pm

KaLeL16 wrote:ok for some reason when i started categorizing my forum the announcements stopped showing :cry:
wow, that is odd for sure.

the announcement centre part should be nowhere near the forums...
-SainT- wrote:I receive blank pages after clicking on ACP Announcement Centre or the Users and Groups tabs.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but topic search doesn't work for some reason :?
did you upload a language file and it maybe has a BOM in it? if you open your language file with a decent editor, is there anything before the <?php or after the ?>. i might be wrong but thought i had remembered that to be the cause once.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

KaLeL16

Post by KaLeL16 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:45 pm

lefty74 wrote:
KaLeL16 wrote:ok for some reason when i started categorizing my forum the announcements stopped showing :cry:
wow, that is odd for sure.

the announcement centre part should be nowhere near the forums...
-SainT- wrote:I receive blank pages after clicking on ACP Announcement Centre or the Users and Groups tabs.

Any ideas?

did you upload a language file and it maybe has a BOM in it? if you open your language file with a decent editor, is there anything before the <?php or after the ?>. i might be wrong but thought i had remembered that to be the cause once.
can you help me out? this is my BOARD :cry:

KaLeL16

Post by KaLeL16 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 pm

its ok lefty i figured it out. turns out i modified the overall header
for another mod and uploaded it without including the announcement cetre.html :mrgreen:

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:34 pm

KaLeL16 wrote:its ok lefty i figured it out. turns out i modified the overall header
for another mod and uploaded it without including the announcement cetre.html :mrgreen:
thats good to hear, that you figured it out i mean :)
lefty74

Barbielau

Post by Barbielau » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:02 am

I have diferent styles in mi forum, but I can only see de Announcement in the Subsilver2 style not on the others :?

Can someone help me with this, what do I need to do so the Announcement be shown in every style, is it possible?

zeroxxorez

Post by zeroxxorez » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:18 am

I have the announcement centre mod installed on my forum. The problem I'm having is anything I make a link inside of it gets underlined and I don't want that. What do I need to change to get rid of that? Thanks!

AustinYQM

Post by AustinYQM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:09 am

I have the mod completely installed and it is working great.

This is simply a style question.

My annoucment apears centered on the index. I would really like it left aligned. I cant seem to find any alignment markups anywhere.

If anyone can point me in that direction you will get great thanks,

and thanks lefty for a great mod.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:34 am

Barbielau wrote:I have diferent styles in mi forum, but I can only see de Announcement in the Subsilver2 style not on the others :?

Can someone help me with this, what do I need to do so the Announcement be shown in every style, is it possible?
you will need to make the template edits from the installation file to each of your styles. please note though that you may not have an exact match when trying to find the code as the installation instructions are based on prosilver and subsilver2. then you will also need to upload the template files that come with the mod to the other styles. if a style is based on prosilver, use the prosilver edits and files. if it is based on subsilver2, use the subsilver2 edits and styles.

you may need to play around with the html code of announcement_centre.html if it does not fit 100%.
zeroxxorez wrote:I have the announcement centre mod installed on my forum. The problem I'm having is anything I make a link inside of it gets underlined and I don't want that. What do I need to change to get rid of that? Thanks!
thats how the bbcode works and the url's. you may try to setup your custom bbcode for that but i am not 100/% sure that works as i have not tried it, sorry.
AustinYQM wrote:I have the mod completely installed and it is working great.

This is simply a style question.

My annoucment apears centered on the index. I would really like it left aligned. I cant seem to find any alignment markups anywhere.

If anyone can point me in that direction you will get great thanks,

and thanks lefty for a great mod.
if you go to announcement_centre.html
find all the center parts and replace them with left
you should have everything aligned left.
lefty74

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”