ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
lefty74

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

are you sure you completed all the edits (especially the one in includes/constants.php) and uploaded them to the server?
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

**Danny**
I've Been Banned!

Post by **Danny** »

I will have to ask my Dad, I think so, he said that this is the bit he got up to,
and then so I went to do it, asuming it would work bt I was puzzled when it came up with an error...

**Danny**
I've Been Banned!

Post by **Danny** »

I have created a table (the code directly copied) called announcement_centre and after following the final steps results in a general error - Table 'djforum1_djforum.ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]. notice the s in announcements. I then renamed the table with the s but still comes up with the sam e error message. do you know which is correct?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you will need the includes/constants.php edit. also, if you have a different prefix you will need to change the SQL statements to match your prefix.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

**Danny**
I've Been Banned!

Post by **Danny** »

Right ok, Thanks Lefty, I will post back if I have anymore problems :D

ceriff

Post by ceriff »

I am sure this has been asked but I cannot find it, is there a way to add more than one announcement? I would like to have two announcement boxes on the top of the page. Thanks for the great mod.
Abilene Marine Aquarium Society
www.abimas.org

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

right now, that is not possible. what is it you are trying to achieve? have a static message appear in addition to the announcement centre message?
lefty74

ceriff

Post by ceriff »

My goal is this. Right now I have an announcement that tells the date of our next monthly meeting. I would also like people to see other messages that would give info on special events. This all happens from the forums home page when you first log in. I know of another site that has this but they are not running the new version of phpbb. I think they are still on 2.x. Maybe some kind of a modifiable news ticker would be what I am looking for. There is your next project I guess ;)
Abilene Marine Aquarium Society
www.abimas.org

**Danny**
I've Been Banned!

Post by **Danny** »

It works now Lefty, thanks! :D

Check it out: http://www.djforums.info/phpbb/ Thanks :D

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

ceriff wrote:My goal is this. Right now I have an announcement that tells the date of our next monthly meeting. I would also like people to see other messages that would give info on special events. This all happens from the forums home page when you first log in. I know of another site that has this but they are not running the new version of phpbb. I think they are still on 2.x. Maybe some kind of a modifiable news ticker would be what I am looking for. There is your next project I guess ;)
i am sure something along those lines already exists, not from me though and i doubt it will be my next project ;)
**Danny** wrote:It works now Lefty, thanks! :D

Check it out: http://www.djforums.info/phpbb/ Thanks :D
great it works for you now :)
lefty74

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 »

Hi guys looking forward to using this but can some one help here....when I point my browser to do the install
with announcement_centre_install.zip Ive put it in the root of tlc ie: http://www.techielog.org/tlc but it comes up with this error
General Error
Language file ./../language/en/mods/info_acp_announcement_centre.php couldn't be opened.

any suggestions I know its me thats done a no no but??? where.
thanks ahead
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi, you will need to upload all the files as per the installation instructions. maybe something went wrong when uploading them.
lefty74

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 »

thanks Lefty I forgot to upload the real file Announcement Centre 1.0.3a as well Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh stupid me.
but thanks for getting back to me so quick...thats the good thing with phpbb the help centre is always open.
Ill get back if something goes wrong :o
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.

YOUAREtehSCENE

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE »

Hey guys, I'm getting this error I'd had someone who knows Php install it for me she's smart cute, and does a great job!

I wanted to have an annoucement of this

".::If you are in a position to make a donation then please do so right now and support YATS ::.

Goal amount for this month: 100 USD.
(Middle I'd like to have a paypal button, that is clickable that people can donate to my account) but I don't think i'm aloud to do that)
We don't charge you.. but it does cost us!"

next i hit submit, and I get....

Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate entry 'announcement_show_index' for key 1 [1062]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('announcement_show_index', 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 156
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 102
CALL: set_config()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471